A truly new friendship

Spiritual Leo

On Holiday
Apr 14, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Thinker
During the Spring of 2011, I had lost a great friend of mine and this dramatically affected me because he was one of the only people that I could share my true self with. ... I am introverted and I am horrible at small talk, so it is very hard for me to make new friends. I am a person who wants to figure out the bigger questions in life and most of my peers just want to talk about the new shoes or the Jersey Shore... Discussions like those, to me, are meaningless; they lack significance.

About a month ago, I started talking to this guy about spirituality, inner-peace, and ways to live better... Philosophy, in other words. Ever since we had our first discussion, we have been consistane with ou conversations.

Although I miss my friend very much, I have gotten some closure....

Have any of you struggled to find new relationships?

I am sure this is common with INFJ's but I was wondering how often INFJ's struggle to frind true friendships...

Take care

Last edited:
First of all, I'm very sorry for your loss, Leo... may your friend rest in peace.

Personally, I too find it difficult to find the sort of companionship I desire. I used to be incredibly shy as a child, but I learned to grow out of that ...with reservations; it's still difficult for me to truly open up to people. Perhaps that's due in part to my INFJ type, and in part to my upbringing (I have many issues with trust and difficulty expressing my emotions). But more than that, I sort of feel... like I'm drifting. Not knowing what I'm looking for and yet knowing that I haven't found it yet. Maybe.

I'm in high school still, so my peers aren't exactly what you would call 'mature' by most standards. I don't mean to sound pretentious but their adhesion to the social norm and mundane high school mentality is so very unappealing to me. I wish to find a friendship like yours- one where I can talk about philosophy, explore the facets of my inner tangents, etc etc. Someone to connect to spiritually.

I have perhaps one friend who fits the bill. The way she thinks is not exactly how I think, but along similar lines. Complimentary lines. And fascinates me to no end...

I'm glad I'm not alone in this sense though.