A little intimidated

Zendora

Apr 15, 2017
Poland
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Just wanted to start by saying that I've been lurking in this forum for a month or so. I didn't feel the need to post anything, because (as the topic says) I felt a little intimidated. To be quit blunt, I felt inferior to everyone here. It's actually the second time in my life that I have felt this say. First being the time I met my boyfriend, whom is an INTJ. Anyway, my question is, has anyone else felt this way with other people? How do I overcome this? What a confusing emotion.

Welcome to Fantasy Island

Lol. I'm an INTJ... There's no need to feel intimidated.

One thing which has always impressed me is the reality of how everything in any environment has its own way of making things better.

When you look at the beauty of the oceans, or vast forests, what you find is extraordinary diversity. Of course, giant pine trees might be visually impressive, but at every level, the creatures and plants there are impressive in different ways. Even the humble toadstool has a complex chemistry, which makes it possible for everything else to thrive.

Each of us are inadequate and unskilled at being someone else. What we could succeed at in an unreplicatable way, is being ourselves, if only we could devote ourselves to that with more belief that it is worthwhile.

Have fun being yourself here.

Welcome to Fantasy Island

Lol. I'm an INTJ... There's no need to feel intimidated.

One thing which has always impressed me is the reality of how everything in any environment has its own way of making things better.

When you look at the beauty of the oceans, or vast forests, what you find is extraordinary diversity. Of course, giant pine trees might be visually impressive, but at every level, the creatures and plants there are impressive in different ways. Even the humble toadstool has a complex chemistry, which makes it possible for everything else to thrive.

Each of us are inadequate and unskilled at being someone else. What we could succeed at in an unreplicatable way, is being ourselves, if only we could devote ourselves to that with more belief that it is worthwhile.

Have fun being yourself here.

Even though you said "Lol" in the front of "I'm an INTJ", you seem proud to type those words. So silly :blush:

I'm always the lurker in forums, never saying a word until someone says something to me first. I always believed that if you don't say anything, you can't get in trouble. Always works for me. Anyway, thanks.

Reactions: Scientia and Gaze
Even though you said "Lol" in the front of "I'm an INTJ", you seem proud to type those words. So silly :blush:

I'm always the lurker in forums, never saying a word until someone says something to me first. I always believed that if you don't say anything, you can't get in trouble. Always works for me. Anyway, thanks.
I'm a bit of a peacock. I can't help it.
:p

Reactions: Sandie33
Welcome! no need to feel intimidated. im sure you have a lot beautiful and good things to offer :blush:

mbti is just merely a type, in the end we are all just humans/people.. where

Welcome Zendora! I have to first say that I love your username ^.^

I can't tell you how to feel, but just remember that everybody, including you, has something special and unique to contribute to the table here, whether it be a unique perspective, insight, music, artwork, expertise, counsel, or simply just the gift of holding space for someone who may need it. All of these gifts are valuable in someway to someone here.

I have felt intimidated by certain men that I've been attracted to in the past, especially introvert men. It's a lack of social skills on my part and poor control of hiding my attraction. I imagine I have looked like a frightened lemur when I couldn't hide my anxiety. It sucks. I think this is a set of challenges that is more likely to occur among introverts and/or those of certain Enneagram types.

Reactions: James and Wyote
Oh and what I meant was a lack of social skills specifically when it comes to men I feel attraction towards who are seemingly more confident.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes.

@Serenity I love your name too, and your display reminds me of Sailor Mercury with long hair :hearteyes:
@Scientia I know, if he's anything like the Australians I've met, he's probably a pain in the ass too :yum:
@Marllon I have noticed that the intimidation has stemmed from my awkwardness around family and friends. The thing is that it happens online too, which I find rather odd. When I first met my INTJ boyfriend in real life, things were so awkward because he was quiet and, hugging him seemed almost impossible, he'd just stand there like a statue. Throughout the years we have been together, he's loosened up so much, and so have I. I assume being here will be the same, the more familiar you get with people, the easier it is to talk to them. Oh man ... that was a rant. I'm done :O

I can identify with being the statue in the equation. A statue who wishes he could initiate the hug, but is too fearful of having it ill-received to do anything about it. Actually, I have been hugged by two INTJs and one ISTJ, and I couldn't even bring myself to really reciprocate. Like you, I'm awkward, though in a different way probably.

It's easy to understand that some people just can't return the affection. The statues though, I find really funny. They can be poked, like the Queen's guard and they don't do anything back :sunglasses:

Reactions: James and Marllon
I know, if he's anything like the Australians I've met, he's probably a pain in the ass too :yum:

You're in trouble now, Zendora!!!

(don't worry, Aussies have the best sense of humour out of anyone :p )

I often regret making posts on forums... like I'll actually wake up with a sense of "oh shit, what did I post yesterday, shouldn't have said that, shouldn't have said that" and when someone quotes me I'm like "oh nooo what are they going to say, will it be criticism? :( " . Social anxiety really sucks!! And it's worse in real life... on the internet, I'll say something and regret it, but irl, I won't even say it at all because the emotional pressures of the environment will seal me shut : [

And ah, welcome to the forum! ^_^