[INFJ] - 8 cognitive functions thought experiment | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] 8 cognitive functions thought experiment

kosh

Two
Jun 30, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Hi everyone,
I donot know if this has been done before on this forum. I am trying to learn more about how the eight cognitive functions play in everyday decision making of INFJs. It will be really helpful to me if you guys participate in this thought experiment. I want your input on how the eight fuctions will shape the decision making in the following scenario.

Let us consider a suburban INFJ man who is married, has two kids (7-10 years old) and a stable job he likes. He is planning to buy a new car, he really cares about the environment and interested in new technologies and fuel efficiency. He can afford to spend a moderate amount of money on the car.
However, here is the issue, his wife has a different idea of what a good car is and his kids obviously want the "coolest" car on the block.

So as an INFJ how do you think these eight functions will work in this scenario, here is the format in which I want you to give your input:

1. The Leading Role (Dominant) Ni: [Your Input Here]
2. The Supporting Role (Auxiliary) Fe: [Your Input Here]
3. The Relief Role (Tertiary) Ti: [Your Input Here]
4. The Aspirational Role (Inferior) Se: [Your Input Here]
5. The Opposing Role Ne: [Your Input Here]
6. The Critical Parent Role Fi: [Your Input Here]
7. The Deceiving Role Te: [Your Input Here]
8. The Devilish Role Si: [Your Input Here]

This is simple. The man buys the car he thinks is best. End story.

Oh, I see, it's just from your own perspective. I was a little worried there because I don't know what anyone could possibly have against poor old Si. It's literally just facts and memories with no bias to them.