4 x as many INFJs in Australia per capita than elsewhere. | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

4 x as many INFJs in Australia per capita than elsewhere.

I see: lower numbers of SP types and higher number of Js and Ts than usual. Otherwise quite typical data.

Maybe theres a lot of infj careers and so people are taking the test while in an infj frame of mind.

I think it's interesting but to say that it's a credible scientific assessment ? I truly don't think it comes remotely close to being that. For that matter really as useful as I think mbti is, it's really not a "proven" thing itself.

Given all that Australia, really is quite a strange place, in terms of its bio diversity etc. Disconnected from main land masses for so long etc. I'd need to see a lot more compelling evidence, to think there was that kind of disparity in psychological preference types, to accept those figures though.

People, myself included, have a great tendency to believe things we "Like" or want to be correct. Even knowing that doesn't liberate us from the tendency either.

James said:
I'd need to see a lot more compelling evidence, to think there was that kind of disparity in psychological preference types, to accept those figures though.

I'm quite certain that ESFP is much more common in Australia than the data is suggesting. I also strongly suspect that there are far more male feelers than the data suggests. There's also a bias in the dichotomies generally where N and P (and likewise S and J) correlate with each other, due to N and P both being linked to open-mindedness*.

So I certainly think the statistics there are inaccurate.

* however this doesn't explain why the INJ types are more greatly represented here - I'm not quite sure what the deal there is

Reactions: James