2nd Amendment - what's the point? | Page 14 | INFJ Forum

2nd Amendment - what's the point?

“I think there’s a very strong reason (the) Founding Fathers had for the Second Amendment and that is that no government ever hasn’t had to fight its own people and its own people hasn’t had to fight its own government,” he said. “We had our Civil War. If that second amendment hadn’t been there, those people would not have had the opportunity to do what they considered was defending their life, their way, their style of living, so I agree with that. I think that’s an important part of our existence and it’s basically that simple.”
- Kurt Russell
Very well put.

“I think there’s a very strong reason (the) Founding Fathers had for the Second Amendment and that is that no government ever hasn’t had to fight its own people and its own people hasn’t had to fight its own government,” he said. “We had our Civil War. If that second amendment hadn’t been there, those people would not have had the opportunity to do what they considered was defending their life, their way, their style of living, so I agree with that. I think that’s an important part of our existence and it’s basically that simple.”
- Kurt Russell
Very well put.

Agreed. I have a newfound respect for Kurt Russell.

Truth hurts.

I will protect myself wherever I go. Criminals will always have guns. I will always have guns. Parking lot of a store? Keep your distance from me. I have had to raise my arm in a parking lot when someone approached me from my blindside, telling him to back away(no way he could have come through that little space). Had my hand in a police or military position: stiff arm with fingers together pointing upward to say "stop". I had a gun, but did not have to reveal it or use it. The guy held both arms up and backed away. People had been getting robbed in that parking lot. It was a white guy, and he knew I meant business.

People with guns are not the danger here.

How is the National Guard going to help if the government gets out of hand?

enabling the people to organize a militia system.
participating in law enforcement;
deterring tyrannical government;[SUP][56][/SUP]
repelling invasion;
suppressing insurrection, allegedly including slave revolts;[SUP][57][/SUP]
[SUP][58][/SUP][SUP][59][/SUP]
facilitating a natural right of self-defense.

The national guard is more federal than state or local.