"10 Reasons Creative Folks Make Us Crazy" | INFJ Forum

"10 Reasons Creative Folks Make Us Crazy"

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
  1. Creative or not, do you think the following characteristics or traits fit creative types *question mark*

1. Creative individuals have great physical energy, but they become extremely quiet when they are at rest. This restful period can lead others to think that they are not feeling well or that they are unhappy, when the truth is they are fine.
    2. Creative folks tend to be both highly intelligent and naive at the same time.

3. Creative people are disciplined and playful simultaneously. In some creative people, this can mean that they are responsible and irresponsible at the same time as well.

4. Creative minds move between a spectrum of fantasy and imagination and a firm grounding in reality. They understand the present and need to keep in touch with the past.

5. Creative individuals seem to be both introverted and extroverted, expressing both traits at once. An image to explain this might be that they are shy showoffs, if you can picture that.

6. Creative people are sincerely humble and extremely proud in a childlike way. It requires ego to have a risky, fresh idea. It takes self-doubt to hammer it out to a workable form.

7. Creative folks don

I'm surprised, 9/10 of these apply to me so I guess I'm creative!

Reactions: Gaze
I think all ten of those are very descriptive of SOME creative types. It defines my creativity and personality very well, and I know the paradoxes to drive some of my friends crazy, but I have known others that are very creative that it does not describe at all (spent a lot of time with theater major, lol). Some of my creative friends that describes pretty well... but I think those qualities depend more on the individual and their background than whether or not they are creative. By the way, your profile pic is very spiffy.

Reactions: Gaze
Hey,
I am a shy show off and simultaneously responsible and irresponsible.

You just described an extraverted intuitive. In that, yes, you would be correct. There's a reason why E/INXP's are viewed as having the greatest understanding of the world we live in comparion to any other types.