Would you kill a puppy for $1000000? | Page 30 | INFJ Forum

Would you kill a puppy for $1000000?

Easy, it's aggravating enough for many people to just register for the sake of commenting. And no, I have zero idea what I'm talking about, I would never do something like that. ( And yeah, relating to humans can be much harder than logicaly possible... )

Many of these pet-shops get their "stock" from so called "puppy-factories". It's kind of sick what people do for money. Once they start to think about them as simple merchandise it's over. Reducing the "cost" of producing these "merchandise" is kind of a nasty business. :(

Learning about pet shops made me pretty ill. The awful thing about it is that most of the people I know that buy pets and products from these shops love their pets and have no idea what a dirty industry it is. Live export and commercial farms are hideous as well. Many are ignorant of these conditions and some choose to turn a blind eye.

Rescuing pets and getting pets from a shelter is absolutely awesome. Good on everyone that does. I never have, I like animals but dont want to take care of a pet because Im lazy.

I don't consider myself an animal lover (although some people in my life would disagree) but I do value animals and believe all life should be treated with reverence, respect and honour, even/especially the ones I eat. In my opinion, the mistreatment of animals by humans is indicative of some kind of serious deficits in a culture or psychological disturbances in the individual
I think many tribal cultures have a tradition of acknowledging the animal's spirit when its killed. I love the muslim concept of 'halal' even though I dont think that halal is practiced as it is supposed to be.

I grew up in a Christian family, and we said grace before eating any meal, no matter what food or however small. When I was about 7, my parents took me to a farm to get some fresh meat. I watched a lamb being slaughtered and butchered, and dad made me help him defeather the chicken. On a later occasion he made me kill a chicken to eat. It was disgusting and the smell made me throw up. Its weird to see and feel the warmth and life of a creature and then kill it. Killing a chicken is gross, it keeps moving even after the head is removed but I swear you can feel how the life has left it. When mum cooked the chicken up for dinner that night I couldnt eat it. The second time I could though, after some serious thought and prayer. When we kill an animal to eat we are taking its life and force to nourish ourselves. The animal dies so that we may live and we should atleast acknowledge this.

Im reading a series called the Song of fire and ice at the moment. There's a character in the book called Ned Stark, and he is a very honourable lord. He doesnt belive it is honourable to have a 'beheader' to do his dirty work. He believes that if you pass justice and condemn a man's life, you should be able to look him in the eye and kill him yourself. And if you are unable to do that then the man is not deserving of death. I think that this is a great concept and although this is about human life and justice, I think that it is useful when thinking about animals to eat as well

It is not practical, ecomomical or viable for everyone to kill the animal themselves every time they eat meat. But I think that everyone that eats meat should have to kill atleast one animal so they can understand what it is that they're eating. If they are unable to do it then they should not eat meat.

For the last year I have been seriously evaluating the ethics and health of eating meat at all but I have gone way too far off topic and preachy already so I'll just stop now

Yes! How can we not be biased towards humans? I love them.

Loving/'Being biased towards' humans/humanity as a whole can be easily viewed as a logically necessary for the said races individuals, but it isn't. You would be surprised how many people don't feel that way. Although I'm not sure whenever this was way before the case too, but the easier access to information increased their numbers, and the ability to say/write those thoughts makes them more visible too.
There are just way too many things, which make disliking humanity much easier, to be simply ignored. And even while I do understand why I shouldn't think that way, while I accept that every human being is originally good, and I should accept their mistakes. It's hard. Really hard. And the more things I see, it becomes only harder.
And don't misunderstand me. There are specific humans, which I like, and I'm one of the more accepting people regarding differences. But the human ignorance, cruelty and abuse is just a big no-no for me. And sadly it's way to out-spread for me to ignore it. So I'm stuck here. Am I a hypocrite because I haven't killed myself? No, I don't think so. Although if I would once decide to eradicate humanity, I wouldn't spare myself either, but that is, as of right now, not on my to-do list.

On the other side, I can't hate/dislike animals. It would be just stupid. Many people would come up with the argument, that when they hunt, they create a bloody, on most likely rather painful mess. (I have read, watched videos about wolves a lot, so I know what I'm talking about.) But is that ignorance, cruelty or abuse? No, neither. Believe me, they kill it the fastest way possible, even if it takes half an hour. But heck, they don't have guns/etc.

For the last year I have been seriously evaluating the ethics and health of eating meat at all but I have gone way too far off topic and preachy already so I'll just stop now

^ *Sadly had to exclude the rest of this amazing post, because of space issues.*

Me too.
It all started with eggs, and industrial egg-"farms"...
For me it's simply the conditions in which they live till the bitter end, what is unacceptable. Even a tiny part of those would be enough to break any humans mind, if experienced on their own skin. :( I can thankfully get eggs even from our neighborhood, and milk from local farms, both of which are way more animal-friendly. As for meat... While I can get that too, right now I'm focusing on reducing it's use to zero. I'm progressing with that quite well actually. :) (Although right now I had a mayor set back, when I quit my job, and had to move back home to my family. But I start at my new job next week, and I will live separated again. )

No, but I would pay money to kill a person killing a puppy.

I like you. I'm the same way. No amount of money is worth taking a life, and I'm of the philosophy that human life is no more valuable than that of an animal. They feel, they love, they create, they communicate, they evolve, and they work to thrive. If somebody gave me a gun and told me to kill an animal, I'd probably turn it on them - they're not as innocent as the animal.

Makes me sound terrible? Cool, then I'm terrible.

I like you. I'm the same way. No amount of money is worth taking a life, and I'm of the philosophy that human life is no more valuable than that of an animal. They feel, they love, they create, they communicate, they evolve, and they work to thrive. If somebody gave me a gun and told me to kill an animal, I'd probably turn it on them - they're not as innocent as the animal.

Makes me sound terrible? Cool, then I'm terrible.

<3

If I already had enough money to live on the rest of my life I wouldn't do it. That's the circumstance.

a million dollars is too much money to disrespect. I do not care what the stipulations of the opening post are. If I had to psychologically scar a human while killing the puppy I may not be able to do it. (unless I was out of weed or something)

What would be the least amount of money that could convince you to kill a puppy? $100,000? $10,000? 1,000? $10?

No psychological scarring, eh? So, like, if a small, neglected child were deeply attached to a puppy (and this puppy provided the only joy in their life), you wouldn't kill said puppy? If you did, would you use the $1,000,000 to buy another puppy for the child, even though it wouldn't be exactly the same? You wouldn't kill the puppy in front of the child, I would guess? What would you feel, after taking a life?

What would be the least amount of money that could convince you to kill a puppy? $100,000? $10,000? 1,000? $10?

No psychological scarring, eh? So, like, if a small, neglected child were deeply attached to a puppy (and this puppy provided the only joy in their life), you wouldn't kill said puppy? If you did, would you use the $1,000,000 to buy another puppy for the child, even though it wouldn't be exactly the same? You wouldn't kill the puppy in front of the child, I would guess? What would you feel, after taking a life?

1m is about the lowest amount for a sustainable lifetime on interest so that's the lowest I'd go.

1m is about the lowest amount for a sustainable lifetime on interest so that's the lowest I'd go.

That's reasonable.

I'm pretty sure the world's puppy killing corporations are outsourced to third world countries in exchange for the puppy meat. One million per puppy is simply too steep a cost-benefit ratio. How would Cruella de Vil afford her fur coat?

[video=youtube;qsFHEK_o9U8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsFHEK_o9U8[/video]

Like pretty much everything, this image reminded me of this thread.

tumblr_lr2z7thQ7i1qb5gkjo1_400.jpg

Beware puppy protectors, the souls of all the bugs/vermin you've ever killed cry out for your bloooooooooood!

220px-Meat_eater_ant_feeding_on_honey02.jpg

"U killed me for ur convenience and all I ever did was work to maintain the ecosystem. Now I'm ded." =(

Puppies are baby mammals.
That makes all the difference.
Some sort of nurturing instinct kicks in when it comes to baby mammals.
Anyway, I don't kill bugs. I once left my house because a giant centipede was sitting on top my laundry pile like he was king of the hill, hoping that by the time I returned it would be gone.
:-/

Some sort of nurturing instinct kicks in when it comes to baby mammals.
Anyway, I don't kill bugs. I once left my house because a giant centipede was sitting on top my laundry pile like he was king of the hill.

....oh. Quit being an outlier! Ur killin' my arguments! D=<

....oh. Quit being an outlier! Ur killin' my arguments! D=<
Do you remember that Lysol commercial where this Buddhist monk is spraying everything down, then he glimpses the can to see it kills 99.9% of germs-and falls to his knees epically wailing "nooooo!"

Well anyway, killing invasive bugs is not the same as killing a harmless puppy for cold hard cash. Ants can be invasive if they are in your house getting into your food.
Maybe if us puppy lovers were out there holding magnifying glasses in the sun to ant hills you'd have a point. Because god forbid I ever get bed bugs or lice I'm not going to just let them feed off me. They will die.

:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloe Djinn
Do you remember that Lysol commercial where this Buddhist monk is spraying everything down, then he glimpses the can to see it kills 99.9% of germs-and falls to his knees epically wailing "nooooo!"

Well anyway, killing invasive bugs is not the same as killing a harmless puppy for cold hard cash. Ants can be invasive if they are in your house getting into your food.
Maybe if us puppy lovers were out there holding magnifying glasses in the sun to ant hills you'd have a point. Because god forbid I ever get bed bugs or lice I'm not going to just let them feed off me. They will die.

:p

You just hate that the male bedbug stabs his little bedbug penis anywhere into the female bedbugs body like a dagger during coitus. It's their foreign sexual practices that you hate. So foreign that it had to be portrayed be Isabella Rosalini.

[video=youtube;MakIB_IJnu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MakIB_IJnu0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

You just hate that the male bedbug stabs his little bedbug penis anywhere into the female bedbugs body like a dagger during coitus. It's their foreign sexual practices that you hate. So foreign that it had to be portrayed be Isabella Rosalini.

[video=youtube;MakIB_IJnu0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MakIB_IJnu0&feature=player_embedded[/video]
/spits drink out in surprise.
How novel!
I have watched them all now and love them.

Last edited:
Reactions: the
I'm not sure whether I'd kill a puppy, but there's a greater chance I'd kill a person (excluding elders) than it.

with the same logic i use to sacrifice living for myself, i would consider it a sacrifice worth doing for that way, i could become more influental to cure the worlds morality thus exponentally creating good of a small sacrifice.

the purpose of less influental in sense of how much better they make the world is negated if they can be used for a good greater than their original purpose.