Show me an ENTP | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Show me an ENTP

It is not that hard to recognize.
They are extroverting like ESFJs in terms of functions. Ne+Fe combo but their goals are very different:

ESFJ: Social engineering
ENTP: Engineering socially

When they get a ideas they really like there will be lots of Fe. It seems to be very euphoric state: smiling, smirking, uncontrollable hand and body movements.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wue2A4iMV5c

I've always been more than a little skeptical of Keirsey's ENTP/INFJ matching. Haven't met enough ENTP women to put that doubt to the test, I suppose, but.

Now INTP/INFJ, I could definitely see. xNTP--better still! But ENTP--ENTP just sounds exhausting. :peep:

Ouch, that sounds like an unhealthy one.
I think the lateness is really to to our horrendous sense of time management.
I always think "Hey I got time to be there in a hour. Perhaps I can finish these three tasks as well before going.
*Does something for a bit, looks at clock* "oh shit! I'm gonna be late..."
Thus lately I have been working on a system called be ready two hours before any appointment and leave just as early in advance.
As for arguing. I got blamed for stuff I never did because of my brother repeatedly framing me for various things.
So now I have a thing for defending my honor whenever I feel someone has unjustly called me a liar or such.
I don't have much of I a problem if I actually did something wrong. Then I can admit it and will make it up to you by being helpful and kind.
I'm not generally one to be a dick. It's in there I just choose not to use it.
I have this thing called I will still be decent towards you even if you hate because then I'm still innocent and you are the one who looks bad.
It works in my favor.

I've heard people say they're supposed to be very compatible with us INFJ's but of all the types of people I've ever met, the only one I've ever really, truly hated to the core was an ENTP. She was a deceitful, smooth-talking backstabber who never admitted guilt or fault and cost a lot of good people their jobs, including me.
[...]
What are some of the good traits? What aspects of their/your personalities did this person trample over, that I might not have seen? What are some of the good experiences other people have had with ENTP's or ENTP's have had with others?

I am an ENTP and I have a good understanding of my strengths and weaknesses. First of all, the person you described does reflect some ENTP characteristics, in fact I can honestly say that I was like that a few years ago (I am 19 now for reference sake). Whilst it looks like NPD, chances are that she just discovered the power of Fe when combined with a developed Ne and Ti, I exhibited similar behaviour, I was able to start fights between other students without anyone realising, I was able to get the entire year to pick on one person and then I could exploit their position of vulnerability, I have been there and I have done it.

Eventually, I grew up, I realised as amazing my ability is to preempt reactions and guide them I won't ever reach the greatness I believe I am entitled to by f**king around with other people's feelings (I know what I just said sounds bad but note the kind of attitude I had prior to this epiphany). I slowly worked out all the manipulativeness and just kept my trolling side shown when I am with close friends (or cute girls...). The worst thing about this is that nobody had a clue about what kind of person (one of my teachers realised but they were more impressed if anything) I was but as I have pointed out I have grown out of it.

Now that I am done with the bad stuff we can work our way through the juicy stuff. As an ENTP I love thinking about the present, past and the future and how they are linked. When I read about some new idea or technology I instantly consider all of its possibilities and what it could lead to. Sometimes I like to read the news to see what kind of problems society is facing today and I try to figure how they can be solved. When I am conversing with someone I get on with well, the conversation can go anywhere and it will feel like intellectual-brain sex. Note: Whilst I say conversation, it could end up like a debate...

I also like playing games, not just video games but also games in real-life like "How long will it take me to get my friend to say shut-up whilst he is on the phone to his girlfriend?" or "How quickly can I steer this conversation to be about horny naked mole rats?" but I tend to make sure that I don't do anything that's personally offend-able or at least won't permanently damage relationships.

I can also be outgoing but it can appear to be weird at times to others, I tend to be more outgoing if I have someone who is willing to join me in my adventures but that can be hard when most of your friends are passed out or hungover on a Saturday and Sunday (I don't drink anymore, it saves my brain cells and my witty remarks. Plus, the security people in the club can't see sober people apparently...).

Generally speaking, an ENTP with an underdeveloped Fe is going to suck, development of Fe can be fast or slow depending on the person. If you ever meet an ENTP like this then all you need to do is not give them the reaction they want, force them to reconsider their position (ENTPs are really good at this, trust me). There are other points of development apart from Fe but they don't create as drastic change (at least in my experience).

I've heard people say they're supposed to be very compatible with us INFJ's but of all the types of people I've ever met, the only one I've ever really, truly hated to the core was an ENTP. She was a deceitful, smooth-talking backstabber who never admitted guilt or fault and cost a lot of good people their jobs, including me.

After bringing it up to a therapist, we both agreed she suffered from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, but there wasn't anything people around her who saw this were able to do about it. She sucked up to all the right people and found her niche in a field where people were overly forgiving (think in terms of xxFP's).

So, I'm biased.

It was hard to tell what fell into the NPD pattern and what was just part of her normal personality. Things like arguing with people even when she agreed with them, just to have the final say on a subject annoyed the hell out of me. Never showing up to anything on time or following through with commitments other people were relying on also pissed me off to no end. (Of course, the other half of that was blaming other people for not doing something and deflecting any blame from herself)

So now, I want to give any of the few ENTP's on here, or people that are close friends with them, a chance to redeem their type to me. I don't like disliking entire groups of people, but with this one person playing such a key role in the past year's worth of chaos in my life, I find myself gritting my teeth when someone mentions that MBTI type. I need something positive to undo some of this scarring. I really am sick of hating them, honest!

What are some of the good traits? What aspects of their/your personalities did this person trample over, that I might not have seen? What are some of the good experiences other people have had with ENTP's or ENTP's have had with others?

Funny. My "archnemesis" was an ENTP. I used to be very manipulative and had some sociopathic tendencies. Then I gave it up as I found people that loved and liked me without me making them. They completed me in ways I never imagined and I never wanted to be dishonest or manipulative again. I wanted to use my "powers" for good instead of evil I guess. I felt a higher purpose. Life opened up for me and became sunshine and rainbows in a surprisingly realistic way, even in the midst of inner and outward conflicts. I believe this is when I really hit my stride as an INFJ. And looking back on my change from night to day just shows how different people are and how they can change. So, I wholeheartedly believe there are fantastic ENTPs out there!

The one that I encountered affected me in the most amazing way in my two month deep friendship with him.
Unfortunately, after that, he screwed me up real good after already being screwed up and fixing myself.

See, we had an intense connection that was freaky. We would be adventurous together but also, we would stare into each others eyes and talk for hours about our deepest desires and tendencies of lies and manipulation to acknowledge their existence and to apply truths to correct them. I would draw out of him all sorts of confessions and quell his restless soul because I understood it. So how it started off was very honest, letting me see him cry and all. This is why I do believe there are good ENTPs but I can't help but be a little terrified of their capabilities even though it's completely irrational for we are all capable of terrible things.

It started when it came to the point where he desired more out of the relationship than I did. He was extremely handsome and desired when it came to other women but I was hung up on someone else. Things began to change as he realized I had no weakness he could exploit, no hole he could fill to make me desire him back. With the pure intention of helping him, I would give him advice that went over his head and when I'd stump him, he'd make remarks that I was so much smarter than him but it was in a resentful way, not a humble or even playful way. Soon he became very competitive and resentful, bent on hurting me. So he just stopped talking to me, knowing he was my weakness; leaving me feeling very hurt and alone. I had no other friend like him. He indirectly came back into my life a few months later by befriending all my closest friends and then slowly ripped them all apart from me; bringing to light every quiet thoughts they had in the back of their minds about me. I think he counted on the fact I would refuse to stoop to his level of manipulation and deceit and betray my core beliefs, or he hoped I would so he could catch me and point it out to everyone. Either way, I remained transparent and truly hoped they would see my true character. It never happened which still gets me to this day.

I only had one deep friendship in the six years since that happened and that only lasted a few months. My last lover was ENTP but he was starting to act like the first guy, so I nipped that in the bud real quick-like. I'm very attracted to ENTPs even though I have this initial hatred of them when I first meet them. I can't help it. 0nce I take a deeper look, I see those awesome qualities come out of the woodwork and they capture me. I just want to find the good ones I know are out there!

I find ENTP and ENTJ to be people who enjoy arguing. The problem is, they don't see it as an argument so much as a debate, they leave everyone shaking, but don't know why.

She was a deceitful, smooth-talking backstabber who never admitted guilt or fault and cost a lot of good people their jobs, including me.
After bringing it up to a therapist, we both agreed she suffered from Narcissistic Personality Disorder, but there wasn't anything people around her who saw this were able to do about it. She sucked up to all the right people and found her niche in a field where people were overly forgiving (think in terms of xxFP's).

I understand your pain. Like others had stated though, her overall character isn't completely dependent on just her MBTI type. My mom is either an ENFJ or INFJ with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and man, oh man. :smash: The reason why I have difficulties deciphering whether or not she's an E or I is because she has a strong motor mouth and could talk for hours. I'm not so sure whether or not it's just E or a symptom of the NPD. I mean, I love the woman to death, but you already know how those with NPD are like first-hand. Sometimes I'm surprised I'm still sane.

While Lerxst's views are mostly unfounded and silly, I think it is probable for some types to be less likable than others, on a very broad level. There is a grain of truth to be extracted here.

I don't like type 3's, those 'rub it in your face' jerks!

Any ENTP who can piss an INFJ off enough for them to want to make a whiny thread is a good ENTP to me.

Any ENTP who can piss an INFJ off enough for them to want to make a whiny thread is a good ENTP to me.
word....LOL

Uh...I mean...um..yea, that's bad?

This will be controversial, but Homer Simpson and Frank Gallagher (uk Shameless)

Homer? NT? :m096:Uh...ok then....

This sounds like an exercise in futility. Changing an emotion-based belief with reason? :m083: