Any INFJs Earning Six Figures? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Any INFJs Earning Six Figures?

I think if an INFJ was earning that amount of money, it would probably be by accident - like an author or actor, or artist who had just been very successful. A true INFJ would probably end up giving most of it away anyway. Our dna is just not about grabbing the cash, it's about contributing and making a difference to help others.

Great example: J K Rowling is an INFJ - she is the ONLY person to fall of the Forbes Billionaire's list because of too much charitable giving.

I just want to make enough to be able to pay my bills, have a savings account, and live comfortably. This living paycheck to paycheck crap is getting really old. People think RNs make good money but we really don't, especially while still paying off student loans. Plus I live in the lowest paying state for nurses, and I make way less than the supposed average for the state.

Reactions: invisible
I feel like if I made 80K, I would feel pretty wealthy.

But then as income goes up, so do expenses!

I heard that once you make about $70 - 80K that is when you start to feel pretty content with your wage. In contrast to making like $40K and eventually you want to move on to greener, more lucrative pastures.

I am motivated by money. Once you get enough of it you can do almost everything you want and you can tell everyone who is constantly exercising power over you to fuck off. Why wouldn't someone want that? I could run away from society and be an artist and nothing else, and tell everyone to go to blazes.

i could see an infj making a lot of money through something authentic to them, like a book, a start-up, a calling they truly love, etc. but i think this is rare. jobs that appeal to an infj are not the type that our society values and pays accordingly imo. if i were to be truly authentic to myself, i would seriously consider living in poverty and help the poor and destitute. but i like my cats and they are expensive, so i work.

any job that pays well is going to involve unhealthy amounts of stress. are there exceptions? sure. there were times when i made a lot of money, but was unable to turn my head because my neck was stiff from all the stress i was internalizing. the trick is to find a healthy medium where you can get paid a living wage while not wanting to slit your wrists going to work on a daily basis. also, being authentic to your introvert-ness is also important. my current job is the first where i work primarily around introverts and although i deal with the general public, i only have to deal with them in a structured type of way and for a short time period. i can’t tell you how much of a difference this makes.

also, i couldn’t imagine being at the same job for years. i was a school teacher for 8 years and barely made it out with my sanity. i wonder if needing to hop around is an infj thing. two years is a good time period for a job i think. having new routines and working with new people is important.