Any INFJs Earning Six Figures? | INFJ Forum

Any INFJs Earning Six Figures?

Stillwater

Nov 1, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I'm wondering if there are any high income earners among us INFJs. I'm currently not one but I would think
psychologists would do pretty well.

Last edited:
crickets.

I read that INFJ women have the greatest wage gap of all the personalities, making 87% of men in similar position. I will say that I have never and probably will never ask for a raise.

I have always succeeded better than my younger brother at school. He tells my mother that I am much, much smarter than him, on a different level. Whatever! My brother is absolutely zooming towards senior management in a highly respected international organisation. His ideas about his field are revolutionary if you ask me... but what I was saying... I am finishing postgrad and currently struggling to find work. There's no way I will ever succeed the way my brother is. He is some kind of ENFJ I think. When I am working in a large organisation, there is a lot of hype surrounding my work performance, but zero interest in my leadership potential, lol. It's like as if they sense the INFJ in me and just go nope. I just can't imagine anyone would ever pay me this much.

I definitely think that INFJs can have very high earning potential though, given the right set of circumstances for the talents and experience-informed motivations that are unique to that individual.

Reactions: Freyja
I have no desire for that much money...
...period

...unless I had it, then I'd just buy a bunch of coke, strippers and koala bears...maybe koala humans...

...I have no desire... see how horrible money is?

I just want enough money to pay off my debts and enjoy a little of life. Pah. Also, psychologists don't really make that much. Psychiatrists, sure; they're medical doctors. But practicing psychologists with PhDs at most may make $80k per year.

I just want enough money to pay off my debts and enjoy a little of life. Pah. Also, psychologists don't really make that much. Psychiatrists, sure; they're medical doctors. But practicing psychologists with PhDs at most may make $80k per year.

I feel like if I made 80K, I would feel pretty wealthy.

But then as income goes up, so do expenses!

Reactions: invisible
I feel like if I made 80K, I would feel pretty wealthy.

But then as income goes up, so do expenses!

Same. :/ If I can figure out how to live on less, I'd probably be much happier than having a pay increase. Unfortunately the older you get the more medical bills come into play, so...there is that. Even with insurance, if you don't make more than $200k in America, you can't afford any lengthy hospital stays.

Reactions: invisible and Gaze
You betcha.

$ 0.00000

Reactions: hn87c901
I think if an INFJ was earning that amount of money, it would probably be by accident - like an author or actor, or artist who had just been very successful. A true INFJ would probably end up giving most of it away anyway. Our dna is just not about grabbing the cash, it's about contributing and making a difference to help others. I just don't see INFJs being motivated by money the way some types are, however hard working or intellectually capable they are. The only thing I regret about not having more money is A) not being able to help others more than I do and B) not being able to give my children a better start in life.

However I think it would be bad for them to have life handed to them - they need to work and learn the value of things beyond a cash price imho.

I think if an INFJ was earning that amount of money, it would probably be by accident - like an author or actor, or artist who had just been very successful. A true INFJ would probably end up giving most of it away anyway. Our dna is just not about grabbing the cash, it's about contributing and making a difference to help others. I just don't see INFJs being motivated by money the way some types are, however hard working or intellectually capable they are. The only thing I regret about not having more money is A) not being able to help others more than I do and B) not being able to give my children a better start in life.

However I think it would be bad for them to have life handed to them - they need to work and learn the value of things beyond a cash price imho.

Making a viable career in writing, acting or any other art form doesn't happen by accident. Neither does success in any.

Making a viable career in writing, acting or any other art form doesn't happen by accident. Neither does success in any.

Ok you are right, I did not express that well. What I meant is that the financial success would not really be the key driver or motivation for an INFJ. I would see that as being a by-product. INFJ's do rise to prominence in all kinds of fields, not just the arts, I just think it unlikely that financial gain would be their aim, so they are probably less likely to follow routes that take them to higher earnings than other types. If they did, it will probably be the pursuit of a different measure of success than monetary rewards.

I think an INFJ author would much rather write a really great book, that received artistic/critical acclaim than an average book that made a lot of money.

Ok you are right, I did not express that well. What I meant is that the financial success would not really be the key driver or motivation for an INFJ. I would see that as being a by-product. INFJ's do rise to prominence in all kinds of fields, not just the arts, I just think it unlikely that financial gain would be their aim, so they are probably less likely to follow routes that take them to higher earnings than other types. If they did, it will probably be the pursuit of a different measure of success than monetary rewards.

I think an INFJ author would much rather write a really great book, that received artistic/critical acclaim than an average book that made a lot of money.

I feel this is a misconception of the INFJ that money has no place. In order to make the best you need to fund it, so in order to make the very best an INFJ would understand the long term need for cash to fund a project or idea. Also if business inclined, it would be based on a qualitative market which can have much higher return longterm. Money as a motivator however is a whole different thing.

I feel this is a misconception of the INFJ that money has no place. In order to make the best you need to fund it, so in order to make the very best an INFJ would understand the long term need for cash to fund a project or idea. Also if business inclined, it would be based on a qualitative market which can have much higher return longterm. Money as a motivator however is a whole different thing.

INFJ's are practical - so of course we understand the necessity of proper financial stability in any goal. I have no misconceptions about that, I'm looking for a job now, and the remuneration will be a key factor currently, but not the sole factor. INFJ's can compete with any type, in almost in field, they are easily capable of making big money in any pursuit. I just don't usually see them making that their priority, and typically they don't do that in the way some types do. But INFJ's are 'quirky' and if they decided to go after monetary rewards, I could easily see them achieving that. Whether that would bring them happiness or fulfillment is questionable.

Legitimate point: Earnings mean almost nothing unless you are making seven figures. Also, even if you are earning six figures you're probably still spending close to half your income on housing like a moron. The only thing that is actually important is how much (by which I mean how little) you are spending on housing and food which are the two biggest expenses. If you can save $600-700/mo every month it does not matter what your income bracket is, you are winning but still not beating the master race. You will never catch up because they were born into it and already have stockpiles of money set aside working for them while they do nothing but babysit it. The best chance you have of class mobility is through extremely diligent work creating your own business while living in a hut and eating ramen for a decade or two and being a fucking hardcore badass which just isn't everyone's cup of tea. Then you can enjoy your wealth for a few years in your old age until you die and your progeny inherit your empire, giving them a leg up, assuming they also have the ability of not being a huge dumb dumb and ruining your life's work within a few years, which is pretty likely.

TL;DR: If you weren't born in the upper class, get comfy or kill yourself for your children. The world is a dumb place.

attachment.php

Social Mobility sometimes moves down rather than up so you know, don't get too comfy either.

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/youre-born-it-america

Attachments

• OVHnJ3x.jpg
    OVHnJ3x.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 54
Legitimate point: Earnings mean almost nothing unless you are making seven figures. Also, even if you are earning six figures you're probably still spending close to half your income on housing like a moron. The only thing that is actually important is how much (by which I mean how little) you are spending on housing and food which are the two biggest expenses. If you can save $600-700/mo every month it does not matter what your income bracket is, you are winning but still not beating the master race. You will never catch up because they were born into it and already have stockpiles of money set aside working for them while they do nothing but babysit it. The best chance you have of class mobility is through extremely diligent work creating your own business while living in a hut and eating ramen for a decade or two and being a fucking hardcore badass which just isn't everyone's cup of tea. Then you can enjoy your wealth for a few years in your old age until you die and your progeny inherit your empire, giving them a leg up, assuming they also have the ability of not being a huge dumb dumb and ruining your life's work within a few years, which is pretty likely.

TL;DR: If you weren't born in the upper class, get comfy or kill yourself for your children. The world is a dumb place.

attachment.php

Social Mobility sometimes moves down rather than up so you know, don't get too comfy either.

http://www.economicpopulist.org/content/youre-born-it-america

I think for me the question is - why would you want to ? I've never known any of the 'super' rich, but among the wealthiest people I do know, they are not especially happy. I think psychologists say that once you earn up to £40,000 per annum, additional income does not raise your overall happiness. What I see is a lot of people giving up the most valuable thing they have - time - for monetary rewards that do not really fulfill them.

I don't need a flash car, or a big house. I don't need a 'status' job or title. One of my friends is very clever, and his younger brother works for a major bank. He makes a bundle, and his kids go to private school etc. He is very unhappy, he works all the time and he is rarely home. When he is he wishes he could retire early (he could easily afford to) but he can't bring himself to give up the income.

Ultimately I think people 'think' a massive income would make them happier - when it wouldn't. It doesn't confer immortality or even great mental health. Imagine if every time you meet or befriend someone you have to consider their interest is only in your wealth, and what you could do for them. Personally I think that would be very unhealthy. Research seems to suggest the more money we have, the less generous and more selfish we become. In truth I think money can exhibit a lot of the same qualities of addictive drugs, no matter what people get it's never enough, people lie about it, and continue with activities that they know are harmful to others.

For me with money 'enough is as good as a feast'

Reactions: Wyote
If I was making 7 figures I wouldnt tell anyone online. Thats asking for issues that just seem so unnecessary.

If I was making 7 figures I wouldnt tell anyone online. Thats asking for issues that just seem so unnecessary.

- Agree.

Earning 6 figures in my city is not uncommon for working class and middle class people, but cost of living is high here. Low 6 figures may not get you that far.
(Please be aware that I am not speaking for myself, but simply commenting on what people earn where I live, and what things cost.)

crickets.
I read that INFJ women have the greatest wage gap of all the personalities, making 87% of men in similar position. I will say that I have never and probably will never ask for a raise.

That is interesting and sort of depressing. Do you remember where you read this?

PS: I think [MENTION=2179]James[/MENTION] is nailing it in this thread.

Where I live people can't really live with less than 6 figure. A low 6 figure can feel poor in fact.

I live in Northern Virginia and can say this place is as expensive as hell. It was expensive when I was making 2 1/2 times what I am now. F this place.
Transit people coming in from all over the world like its their own personal stepping stone to the now nonexistent American dream.