the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Health companies promote detoxing and the importance of ridding yourself of these harmful toxins. But what are the toxins specifically? I can't seem to find a straight answer.

toxins are basically poisons that get absorbed into your body through the environment or through food that you eat, and cause damage to your cells. some are also byproducts of normal metabolism. in large quantities they can be very harmful, but unless your health is already compromised because of a pre-existing illness you don't need to detox to get rid of them. the body will naturally flush them out through urine/tears/etc. it's important to have enough water though otherwise the body will have a harder time flushing them out, which will cause them to build up.

Last edited:
Anything, and I mean anything, in excess. From water to oxygen, to poison to sunlight. Doesn't matter if it's man-made or nature-made, it will all kill us someday, eventually. ANYTHING.

toxins are basically poisons that get absorbed into your body through the environment or through food that you eat, and cause damage to your cells. some are also byproducts of normal metabolism. in large quantities they can be very harmful, but unless your health is already compromised because of a pre-existing illness you don't need to detox to get rid of them. the body will naturally flush them out through urine/tears/etc. it's important to have enough water though otherwise the body will have a harder time flushing them out, which will cause them to build up.
Like what?

Like what?

Like fluoride in your drinking water....or lead. Whatever. It's all the same. Everyone is trying to poison you.

dirty-water.jpg

Health companies promote detoxing and the importance of ridding yourself of these harmful toxins. But what are the toxins specifically? I can't seem to find a straight answer.

These programs successfully rid stupid people of their toxic money.