stuck in midlife career indecisiveness | INFJ Forum

stuck in midlife career indecisiveness

Dec 9, 2013
MBTI
INFJ
I am 43, have two kids in school, a degree in music education and currently teach private piano lessons which i enjoy and allows me to be able to have flexible hours and be home when my kids are. I enjoy this, however I have felt the need to pursue something that would bring in more income for practical reasons. I have been researching and contemplating other options but feel "stuck". I have considered counseling, career counselor, and pta. My kids will be going to college in a few years, so I am concerned about the financial costs/returns and the job market. I think because of my age and financial responsibilities, I feel the need to make sure I am making the right decision. Any thoughts, suggestions, or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome. May I offer this while you are pondering one of life's paths?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__Fh3vRIq2Q

I think your current situation is most admirable. I took a few lessons from a wonderful young lady at a piano store years back. Miss her. If you are happy, why not try and fill your spare time teaching at a location? The only true wisdom I can pass on to you right now is to stay happy, [MENTION=4700]Peace[/MENTION]fulwarrior.

I can very much relate to trying to find a new career when you are older. I am also 43 and in the process of changing careers. I have been in the graphic design and printing business for a very long time but am now switching to social work.

Have you researched perhaps some work in music therapy? With your background and your interest in counselling that would be something that might work for you.

Reactions: muir