Moving Documentary: Schoolchildren and Homeroom Teacher | INFJ Forum

Moving Documentary: Schoolchildren and Homeroom Teacher

barbad0s

Banned
Apr 18, 2011
MBTI
POOP
Just something I wanted to share that my Japanese prof recommended our class watch, both because it was relevant to what we were learning and because it was awesome. She said this was the first time she'd seen a teacher/class relationship like this, especially for somewhere like Japan with a very strict education system, and it made her cry.

I cried several times watching it.

"Children Full of Life: Moving documentary about kids and their homeroom teacher."

[video=youtube;armP8TfS9Is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armP8TfS9Is&fmt=18[/video]

The full documentary can be found in parts under the same user on youtube, for those who are interested. I still haven't finished watching it yet, but I highly recommend it. It's been great so far. Really very moving, and with a philosophy I agree with.

Reactions: endersgone
Oh my [MENTION=3998]niffer[/MENTION], that brought up so many feelings for me. One, I was once engaged to a Japanese man who taught me many things about Japanese culture. What people think and see of the Japanese culture does not include the totality of who they are as individuals and how remarkable they are. That translates over to anyones culture for that matter. If you have the opportunity and take the time to really get to know who the people are that make up a particular culture you will find that many of the stereotypes are exactly that - stereotypes that have little to do with actual individuals. Also, as a teacher, teachers have tremendous power to influence and change childrens lives. That teacher seemed like quite an amazing and interesting teacher that I would like to meet. Thank you for posting that.