[INFJ] - Is this your face? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Is this your face?

I'm not sure I do, but I have been asked the "are you ok?" "are you mad at something?" type of questions when I'm concentrating on something or lost in thought.

I get told I look sad or too serious a lot, but, when I smile, then I get told I look too happy. (?!?) So, you can't please everyone.

Maybe try aiming for a politely neutral neither sad nor happy "go fuck yourself" expression?

Heehee! My parents told me since I was born I never smiled, I just look at other people's faces. Now I smile in pictures at least :)

People have told me they get nervous when I'm silent and my face is at rest. They say it looks as though I'm contemplating murder.

People have told me they get nervous when I'm silent and my face is at rest. They say it looks as though I'm contemplating murder.

I've heard the same thing.

Me: just standing there..

"Hey [MENTION=2240]rawr[/MENTION]! You look like you're about ready to kill someone!"

Me: blinks and is taken aback for a moment. "Are you volunteering?"

Reactions: jyrffw54
Is it off that I find this on guys attractive?

Reactions: rawr
HAHA okay. There was this one day when I was with @Endersgone in Virginia, he decided to "test" how I would react to his natural resting face for the first half of the day without telling me what he was doing. After the first few hours, while he was driving and I was sitting next to him I just lost it and began bombarding him with questions. "Are you mad at me? If I did or said something I'm really sorry. Are you mad because I take so long doing girl stuff in the bathroom? Are you upset because I'm boring you? Am I annoying you? Are you upset because I'm ugly? Do you still love me? Are you hungry? Are you tired? Are you SURE?? PLEASE TELL ME." Soon after he told me he was trollin all along.

Reactions: jyrffw54
HAHA okay. There was this one day when I was with @Endersgone in Virginia, he decided to "test" how I would react to his natural resting face for the first half of the day without telling me what he was doing. After the first few hours, while he was driving and I was sitting next to him I just lost it and began bombarding him with questions. "Are you mad at me? If I did or said something I'm really sorry. Are you mad because I take so long doing girl stuff in the bathroom? Are you upset because I'm boring you? Am I annoying you? Are you upset because I'm ugly? Do you still love me? Are you hungry? Are you tired? Are you SURE?? PLEASE TELL ME." Soon after he told me he was trollin all along.

i knew i loved [MENTION=4798]Endersgone[/MENTION] for something.

[video=youtube;oB6bk5S2_Zc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB6bk5S2_Zc[/video]

Reactions: endersgone
Everyone always assumes I'm a bitch. Then, after one conversation, "Omgggggg you're soooooo nice!!!" My friends also tell me that I have a judgmental stare. I have no idea what they're talking about. I've thought about trying to smile all the time, but that might be deemed even worse. I guess I just have one of those aloof looking faces.

Oh also...sometimes random strangers tell me to smile, like I look really pissed/depressed. It's really annoying because I am really always making ridiculous comments/jokes inside my head, it just won't show up on my face!!

On a related note a man I work with, not closely, tells me a
few times a month that I look very serious.

His exact words, "I see you walking around here always looking
like your dog just got hit by a car and died."

On a related note a man I work with, not closely, tells me a
few times a month that I look very serious.

His exact words, "I see you walking around here always looking
like your dog just got hit by a car and died."

You do look like that a lot. I'm familiar enough with you to read your expressions for what they are -- but they really are often incongruent with your actual emotions. So I'm sure many people are confused.

I wish! Maybe then people would leave me alone. ;P Honestly, I get told most of the time I have a friendly but distant expression on my face. Like my mind is off constantly thinking about something else but if you were to interrupt me, I wouldn’t chew your face off; in fact I might enjoy the interruption. I have had friends bust out laughing because of it. I might be sitting at a bar with them but my mind is a million miles away.

It’s not that I find the situation boring, it might just be I saw a girl that reminded me of a girl of when I was a child that sparked the thought of why I would remember such a seemingly unimportant thing but I can’t remember what I had for lunch two days ago. Then I would start thinking about how the brain decides what information is relevant and needs to be stored in long term memory and what doesn’t and how much can my conscious thoughts influence that process.

I have also been told that when I smile it typically doesn’t reflect in my eyes. Basically I guess I just smile with the bottom half of my face. I suck at smiling for pictures.

I’m pretty sure I have an “Asshole resting face” lol
I have had several people tell me that I look unapproachable until I start talking to someone I know and I smile and become animated to their surprise.
I know that I scowl often when deep in thought or concentrating on something.
It’s perfectly fine for me if I am viewed as unapproachable to someone I don’t know...saves me the time of introductions and small talk...I usually forget their name 10 seconds after they say it anyhow....lol.

I literally walk around these days with this stupid look on my face because if I dont, people ask me why I look so mad. I am constantly thinking and my thinking face makes me frown which apparently makes me look mad. So to keep this from happening I kind of pull my lips in as I would if I were about to smile but I never go so far as to smile. In my mind it would just be exceedingly awkward to see someone walking around smiling for no reason ALL of the time. Anyway, pulling my lips in like that apparently makes me look like the village idiot but I do it to put other people at ease.

Fake smiling is hard for sure. Pictures are my enemy.
Pictures aren't hard. Just smile as if you are happy. Its taken me practice over many years but its become easier. People think I am really smiling now.