[INFJ] - Does your ability to empathize make you a weaker person? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Does your ability to empathize make you a weaker person?

Empathy is just a tool liek anything else. If you dont know how to use it right, then it will probably have more neutral to negative results than positive.

The way I see it, this is a world that is largely ruled by ruthless, cold and illogical egotism.

If empathy and empathizing means sacrificing yourself for others, then you will often find yourself in a weaker place than the person you helped. That being said, I think that empathy is a broad concept, and that a lot of it is needed to live civilized with other people.

Does empathy make you a weaker person? I'm tempted to say that your actions determine whether or not you are a weak person. My best advice would be to keep your own interests at heart and mind, while helping others who need it.

Thank you! I probably also have trouble to distance myself from people at work at a personal level. I see them as individuals like myself, coming from a route and search for what makes them fulfilled. In that way, I often have hard time to do things affecting them in a way that I wouldn't want from others.

If you feel that this time round you handled the situation the wrong way then make a mental note that when the situation occurs again you will be resolved to handle it differently...and do so

Good tips, as always, muir~ :)

Empathy is just a tool liek anything else. If you dont know how to use it right, then it will probably have more neutral to negative results than positive.

That's what I would need to work on - to rein it properly...