Do yall agree with this? | INFJ Forum

Do yall agree with this?

On hard/soft romanticism (pervert)
No.

Bland foods?! Really!? What is this even based on? Every INFP I know likes to eat a variety of flavorful things. I live for flavors! Take me to flavortown!
INFPs quietly test the waters of new relationships. It can take them a long time to warm up to a person,
But personally, I'm very cautious and it's almost impossible to make deep friendships with anyone new. I can read people pretty well, and even if I like them, still keep them at arm's length. Maybe part of it is me being socially lazy though. And a flake.
INFPs often like bright and happy things. If they are basking in sadness, then they like things that are rather maudlin, mopey, and sulky.
I'm not really into "bright happy things." I kind of like to fuse the sad things of the world with happy things. Because I think everything is multifaceted. When sad, I slow down. The world seems to slow down but with it, I think I take more in. Everything is more intense and I tend to see more beauty around me and in situations. There's a bittersweetness to sadness.
Another major difference between the INFJ and INFP is that INFJs are much more inclined to be intellectuals or philosophers and to think deeply about matters. INFPs are often pretty wooly-minded and find thinking in this manner very arduous. INFPs tend to find purely theoretical discussions taxing and dehumanizing. They also find them rather pointless. INFPs are more concerned with what the application of a given idea might be. How is it useful to them? What will it effect in their life?
I'd agree I'm more interested in the applications of ideas than just going on about ideas for ideas sake. I think I'm pretty practical. Philosophical discussions bore the hell out of me unless I can see it working in the real world. I'm not much of an intellectual.
INFPs are much more conventional in their approach to love. They want all the traditional and time-tested hallmarks of love. They seek deep merger with the beloved where both lovers are in a wordless womb of content. ...
INFPs love increases the longer they are with their partner. They put down roots and slowly unfold themselves in the presence of their partner.INFPs are much more liable to being deeply hurt if their relationship breaks up than an INFJ would be.
I'm passionate as a person, but I like a stable cozy thing. I hate ups and downs in relationships and prefer for things to be easygoing. However, I tend to get over breakups decently. They've sucked but never ruined me. I confess I'm serially monogamous and I have jumped from one relationship to the next, though-- without intention or looking to do so! It always just kind of happened that way. But I think I've never completely opened myself up to anyone. Even my SO of 8 years. I don't share everything. Recently he was astonished when I told him a simple thing and said, "I can't believe you have never told me that or talked about that before." It's not because I was keeping anything hidden, I just didn't think it was important. (I told him I really wanted to go see an opera someday.) He acted like it was a revelation and it made me see how much I don't share, even little things like that. I just think and feel and muse within myself and don't usually feel compelled to share alot of it. Years ago, a bf told me he felt he only knew me "in fragments" that he had to glean. Not intentional on my part. I was focused on him; knowing him and understanding him etc. I didn't think of making myself fully known. I'm used to reading others or having others just divulge things to me, unasked. So I guess I didn't realize we should have been electing to have those see-into-the-soul discussions. I'm not sure if that is an infp thing though.
INFPs are more into new-age stuff, fantastical fairy tale kind of things, like dream catchers, crystals, fantasy creatures, and colorful little tokens. All this stuff has the feeling of softness and a respite from the hardness of reality.
Omg. You are kidding me with the fantasy vs. reality stuff LOL. I think it was @the who posted something here about INFJs worshipping crystals through practicing yoga. I couldn't have come up with a more apt description myself. But if you ever saw my home, it's covered in plants and I do have a crystal and rock collection (cuz I like geology, not new age!) And portraits and knickknacks of gnomes... Because I just like the folklore.

But this is truth:
An INFP is able to stay in a steady groove for a long amount of time and to kind of quietly go about their business and get things done. Because their dreams often involve a respite from reality rather than actively understanding and changing that reality, they are often more resolved to be a member of the real-world as long as they can come home and have their respite. Many INFPs, when behind closed doors are quite different than they act when in conventional society. You might have no idea at all the fantasies that are going on inside these meek and mild-mannered folks.
An INFP seeks to keep a low-profile for the most part and has the least amount of taste for power of all the 16 types.
I want personal power; power over myself or autonomy. I have no interest in controlling or supervising or managing others.
INFPs form very fixed principles early on in their life, which they will not budge from, and it would take an overwhelming amount of pressure exerted from the outside world for them to even consider that there may be something amiss in their guiding assumptions.
This is true. I think I was born with my ideals and principles. I've always had strong convictions and opinions even as a very young child. A lot of them in opposition to my upbringing. My dad used to tease me when I was young and call me, "bleeding heart." I do really trust in my convictions. I kind of see it as a BS detector. Everything is filtered through it.

Last edited:
Most of this article seems pretty legit. It makes some odd generalized statements here and there but the overarching ideas are pretty spot on I think.

Also RIP me:

"The INFJ way of participating in reality is by understanding the forces that are behind it and sublimating the direct action of their will into works of art that “hold a mirror up to nature” as it were. INFJs may dream of being great men or women of action, but the likelihood of this happening is not great for someone of their particular temperament setup."