Dear Prudence (movie edition) | INFJ Forum

Dear Prudence (movie edition)

slant

Capitalist pig
Donor
Dec 30, 2008
MBTI
None
Instructions: guess the movie based on the dear prudence letter and write a reply with advice.

Dear Prudence,

I'm really concerned for my husband and I don't know what to do to help him.

For background: we have been married for about six years now and have a five year old son together. My husband has always been a no nonsense kind of guy and that was part of what attracted me to him.

About a month ago we went to my sister's party and I convinced him to go under hypnosis. He doesn't believe in that stuff but he did it for me. While he was under he started to cry about a childhood bully and my sister woke him up right away.

Ever since, he hasn't been right and I haven't been able to talk to him about it. A couple of times he told me that our son can "see it" too and I didn't know what to think of it. My son has an imaginary friend named Samantha and my husband told me she's real.

I don't know what to do to help him. A mentally disabled girl was murdered in our neighborhood before we moved in and her name was Samantha and he seems to have linked our son's imaginary friend with this tragedy. He had a run in with her family that left them very upset and the rest of the neighborhood is also disturbed by his behavior.

I have to admit that I did visit a psychic for advice who told me that both my son and husband were having real visions but that didn't give me any comfort and I'm worried my husband may have a severe mental illness.

Right now he has a sledgehammer and digging a huge hole in our backyard.
I asked him what he was doing and all he would tell me is that she told him to dig, and he won't eat and is living off of orange juice right now. My husband isn't violent and wouldn't hurt me or my son but his behavior is becoming troubling.

What can I do to help him when he doesn't want help?

Sincerely,

Worried Wife

Reactions: InfernoMink
Dear Prudence,

I don't know quite how to say this. Some people have called me a bit of a softie, especially my wife, and I can admit that I can be easily swayed by emotion.

I've gotten myself into a situation I don't know how to deal with. I run a small law firm as the head attorney. A young lady with three small children hired me to defend her for a wrongful injury lawsuit in a car accident and we won her a settlement.

Weeks later, she comes in asking for a job. I have to tell her no. She has no experience as a paralegal and to put it politely she's just not the type of image we would want. She dresses provocatively and the other girls in the office are a little intimated by her use of certain inappropriate language.

Well, I hired her. Look, she's been out of work, she has three small children and she was passionate. I caved.

She has been gone for three days, up and vanished. We've already cleared her desk but the question is: how do I tell her she's fired without backing out of it? I have trouble with these types of situations.

Sincerely,

Too nice for my own good