CosmicINFJ

Community Member
Nov 6, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
5, 1 and 9
november9th2011081.jpg

Have you had any Life Altering experiences in the last 10 years? Things that have happened that are beyond your control that have helped you to let go of who you were and helped you to embrace who you are?

The death of my wife's sister was life altering for me. We helped care for her for three years. She left behind her Son who was 10 years old at the time. I do not want this to be a big downer post. Although it was an incredibly difficult experience, I learned so much about how to live from my sister in law and friend.

Living with being Cut Off and Rejected was another powerful experience for me. Both of these things taught me about paying attention to what is really important in my life. To be more selective about people and who I share myself with.

The birth of our first granddaughter in June has been another powerful experience for me. It was like a Heartquake that boosted my heart more strongly than I thought it would.

Anything about Life and Love is fine. What has moved you?

Of course, now I am questioning why I jumped in so deep with my first post. The psychology of how life events can change us. INFJ perspectives like; Feeling everything so deeply. Observing ourselves living our lives like we are our own Angels. Overthinking. Seeing things in pictures and symbols. Being caregivers and Counselors. Anything else?

@CosmicINFJ ~ Thank you for the post. It is a good topic. I know it can be unnerving to get so deep and personal with a first post. :)

Short answer to your main question: Yes.

The death of my wife's sister was life altering for me. We helped care for her for three years.
Death, and caring for the dying, teach us so much about life. It is my experience that one learns things one cannot learn any other way when we care for, and ultimately lose, someone who is terminally ill. They give us love and knowledge in their deaths - the ultimate gift. It's different every time. When I remember those I've cared for it fills me with pain, but also incredible love - a bright, powerful love.

Losing my mother when I was young altered my life in a big way, too. <3

Living with being Cut Off and Rejected was another powerful experience for me.
Yes, and truly humbling.

I don't have kids, or grandchildren. I know I'm missing out on something, but every life is different.

Other big ones for me were:

- Going through a rocky time in a marriage that was always loving and strong. Luckily we got through it and we're stronger and more in love, but that was the hardest thing I've ever been through and it caught me totally off guard.

- Physical illness. I was always very strong, well and healthy to the point that doctors marveled about my youthfulness. Stress knocked me out and I got seriously ill. Humbling and life-changing.

- Betrayal of close, long-term friendships.
I don't have much to say about that, expect that it taught me my spouse is the only person I fully trust and can depend on.