California Shocker | INFJ Forum

California Shocker

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
One woman's daughter was a student in Berndt's classroom when she was 7, three years ago. The mother said she trusted the teacher so much that she invited him to her daughter's birthday party and recommended that her friend's 14-year-old daughter volunteer in his classroom.
Her story is a common one, according to a district insider familiar with the investigation. Parents had so much trust in Berndt, a fixture at the school, that they invited him to birthday parties and stayed in touch long after their children left his class. He was the sort of teacher who

that bastard... i would torture and kill him with my own hands

I thought he fed them his semen when they were tied up as well.

I just don't understand how you could get off to that.

I'm glad that I am better than others.

Why dont we just fix the problem. Dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

Well, it's not just this incident; I think our current public education system needs to be scrapped. It's not as effective as it could be.

Well, it's not just this incident; I think our current public education system needs to be scrapped. It's not as effective as it could be.

Starting over from zero is going to negate any positive the current system had during the interim. Why dont you just discard the crap?

Starting over from zero is going to negate any positive the current system had during the interim. Why dont you just discard the crap?

I don't think it will negate anything. The system is the crap.

What parent these days trusts anyone?

lol @ Cali

I thought he fed them his semen when they were tied up as well.

I just don't understand how you could get off to that.

Apparently they had known about the bondage photos for a year. It was only when they confirmed that the clear liquid in the spoon was semen that they considered it a felony. Thus my despair that the school, the police, and the parents of the kids all knew about the bondage photos and apparently didn't care because it wasn't a felony. Makes you wonder how many teachers tie up kids and never get busted.

Apparently they had known about the bondage photos for a year. It was only when they confirmed that the clear liquid in the spoon was semen that they considered it a felony. Thus my despair that the school, the police, and the parents of the kids all knew about the bondage photos and apparently didn't care because it wasn't a felony. Makes you wonder how many teachers tie up kids and never get busted.

Yeah, I bet that there are legions of teachers tying up their students.

The best thing people can do for their mental wellbeing when they come across a story like this one in the news is to skip past it.

Do not engage with it. It will not make you feel better about the world and that is exactly why the people who make the news put it in there. They want people downtrodden and feeling hopeless and tied into the system.

I think that people are largely shaped by their environment

I think we are living in a sick society which is making people sick

The newspapers are full of these sick kind of stories. They shouldn't be. They serve no purpose. It doesn't help anyone to know about this event. It is not 'news'. It is there destroy hope and to distract people from the big issues which would give people the awareness required to work towards system change.

Trying to deal with such sick people is simply treating the symptoms and not the sickness which is the system itself. Initiatives to deal with people who are sick in this way are just window dressing.

If people REALLY want to improve the mental and physical health of people in society then we need to change the system itself. The system is simply an engine room churning out sick people. The stories in the newspapers are put there to distract people.

The newspapers should really be focussing on the issues ie how our system is failing, but it won't do that because the newspapers and mainstream media are owned by the corporations which are the very groups shaping our sick system.

THEY DO NOT WANT TO SEE THE SYSTEM CHANGE because they are profiting on it.

If people really care they should work towards system change as only dealing with the products of the system will be like trying to hold the tides of the sea back: futile

Until we tackle the system itself expect more sickness

Last edited: