...But I Don't Like | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

...But I Don't Like

I like good or interesting ideas but I don't like intellectual pissing contests.

Pretty much anytime I ask a question that someone can't answer they assume I'm trying to embarrass them or something.

But believe it or not "why" or "how" are not actually trick questions meant to trip people up.
This. It is exhausting to be made an enemy simply because your curiosity is peaked.

I sometimes like to express myself in a sexual way, but I am certainly not down for anything in the bedroom and I do not like to be spoken to as if I am by anyone who takes a notion to do so.

People assume from the way I look, that I would be indifferent to religion and morals.

Admittedly, my own behaviour is inconsistent with what I regard as being good, true, and beautiful... and I'm probably going to give up my hedonistic tendencies. But it really gives me the shits when other guys think they'll go up in my respect by saying something against God, the saints, or morals.

I probably fit a lot of stereotypes. I'm a young white woman who loves fall, pumpkin spice and wearing yoga pants. Basic! But I never got into Ugg boots. Come September though and I lose my damn mind for all things pumpkin spice related.
Testify

Non-alcoholic beer is an abomination that should be reserved for the deepest depths of hell.

Strangers who want to chat when I'm travelling long distance by train or plane. It's not so much that I don't like them and I've met some very interesting folks that way - but it's more that I like to experience the Zen of travelling, and I can't do that if I'm in conversation.

Hm. Offline..
The assumption that I'm always grumpy, cold, or detached. I'm very aware of my surroundings, particularly the demeanor of others.

Online, it is quite the opposite. In most scenarios, I am warm and extroverted, leading others to focus on those aspects
of my character and pushing aside the notion of my being anything but.
Infuriating, sometimes.

People think I have a stick up my arse and don't care about people, like they're beneath me.

Truth is, I'm just a better observer than participant. I'm less keen on connecting, but it doesn't mean I can't be fun to have around. In the right company, I can even get energised temporarily, gladly giving to help the vibe. Some of my best nights have been spent with friends joking around and playing Cards.
Another truth in this connection: I don't like liars. Those really are among the lower creatures.

Besides that, noone has ever brought a stereotypical assumption to my knowledge. I assume my guardedness inhibits such approaches.

People think I like puzzles or that I am good at them, but I am fairly neutral in my feelings about them...I can get lost in them for a time if there is nothing else to do and there are too many social minefields about, but I suck at them.

People assume I am always very sweet and nice because of my voice. Sometimes, I am. Sometimes, I am not. But nice is not really a choice lately. It's an expectation just like a courtesy in hospitality. If you are not nice, you'll get reported, sometimes more than most if it's based on prejudice. I do a lot of masking and mirroring (which is job-related) but people assume they are seeing me as I am. People will judge me harshly or dismiss me for the same things they perceive in others as strengths. The lovely double standards.

I can be very obvious in how I feel or the complete opposite. People often think I am agreeing when I am just trying to be supportive. They also assume I don't see them as they are because I don't react to their behaviors, the way they expect. Or they assume that I have no boundaries because I don't assert myself or I am not as direct. I am seen or made to think of myself as weak because I am not a dominant personality and I tend to choose avoidance over confrontation. I think I've internalized a lot from past abuse (especially abuses of power).

I can be sociable if I am comfortable, but I am not a fan of a ton of social interaction, especially if I am expected to simply be the listener. I can be a great host and I can enjoy this as long as I am not the center of attention and I can deflect. I can be lively and engaged while hating the entire situation and event on the inside. I'd rather keep to myself.

Last edited:
I choose things/activities if and when I like them, regardless of the manner in which they are gendered in culture, so when I choose something opposed to my sex/gender, sometimes assumptions are made about my sexual preferences, but I don’t like the idea of choosing their assumptions, because in truth, I like what I like.

Yes, I wear pale pink and love Hello Kitty, I’m demisexual, and I have a libido that is on overdrive. I own frosting tips for decorating cupcakes as well as the finest platinum-cure silicone dildos. And I’m straight! I figured it all out, and it’s not difficult. It all makes sense, and I don’t want to participate in your minority group politics.

Cheers,
Ian