Being a loud INFJ | INFJ Forum

Being a loud INFJ

EmilyKane

One
Nov 7, 2019
MBTI
INFJ
Hello guys,

I just recently found out about this INFJ thing and so much just clicked and made sense in my head for the very first time.
Everything fits perfectly except the fact that everybody seems to be super shy und quiet. I myself am the opposite though I really do not like that about me. And also I do not enjoy it. I do consider myself an introvert in the sense that I really enjoy and prefer to be alone. I feel whole and perfectly fine alone by myself. I do feel drained and exhausted after pretty much every type of social gathering. Or school or work or whatever.
But as soon as I am in one of these social things I tend to be very much an extrovert to the outside. I do talk a lot and loudly and so on. I even seem to have little control over that. I feel like as soon as there are people some kind of autopilot takes over.
I wonder if that is some kind of avoidance tactic that I have developed since a young age. Because being in these social things feel awfull to me. And also I really want to make everyone happy and be entertained. Like I really need everyone to be happy. As soon as there is silence my autopilote is like "OMG they are bored I need to fix that".
Today I was really attentive to how I felt during my workday and really soon I was so emotionally exhausted that I could not look at people anymore. Like my eyesight was tempered with. I could not fixate anyone anymore. Yet I was still talking and telling stories. And I think I am doing this to deflect myself from how badly I am feeling.
Does this make any sense? Or am I just making up stories to make myself fit the categorie.

Hello guys,

I just recently found out about this INFJ thing and so much just clicked and made sense in my head for the very first time.
Everything fits perfectly except the fact that everybody seems to be super shy und quiet. I myself am the opposite though I really do not like that about me. And also I do not enjoy it. I do consider myself an introvert in the sense that I really enjoy and prefer to be alone. I feel whole and perfectly fine alone by myself. I do feel drained and exhausted after pretty much every type of social gathering. Or school or work or whatever.
But as soon as I am in one of these social things I tend to be very much an extrovert to the outside. I do talk a lot and loudly and so on. I even seem to have little control over that. I feel like as soon as there are people some kind of autopilot takes over.
I wonder if that is some kind of avoidance tactic that I have developed since a young age. Because being in these social things feel awfull to me. And also I really want to make everyone happy and be entertained. Like I really need everyone to be happy. As soon as there is silence my autopilote is like "OMG they are bored I need to fix that".
Today I was really attentive to how I felt during my workday and really soon I was so emotionally exhausted that I could not look at people anymore. Like my eyesight was tempered with. I could not fixate anyone anymore. Yet I was still talking and telling stories. And I think I am doing this to deflect myself from how badly I am feeling.
Does this make any sense? Or am I just making up stories to make myself fit the categorie.
Hi Emily :)

A lot of INFJs are actually very sociable (even though it's draining), despite being true introverts.

Introvert doesn't mean 'shy', it's just a descriptive term for a particular kind of arrangement of reward pathways in the brain (generally), or how we manage our social energy (MBTI).

I can be very outgoing. I used to do staff education and really enjoyed it. of course after the day of training I needed some down time to recharge. I dont think introvert means quiet, to me it is the need to have still time and to generally avoid the crowd. .