Attraction (cognitive function) | INFJ Forum

Attraction (cognitive function)

technics

On Holiday
May 13, 2011
MBTI
Yes
In terms of cognitive functions there seems to be two ways of explaining attraction:

1. You're attracted to the type with the opposite cognitive function, e.g. Ni-Ne
2. You're attracted to the type whose dominant function is your tertiary or inferior

From your experience which of these two, if any, holds?

As an INFP which means I have Te + Ne, I am usually attracted to Te + Ni combos.
  • ENTJs - Te Ni Se Fi
  • INTJs - Ni Te Fi Se
ENTPs are interesting and have a fun sense of humor but I don't think it would work in the long term. INTJs intimidate me; I think they'd eat me alive eventually. :D Doesn't seem like an level pairing, the INFP/INTJ relationship. ENTJs seem to see and know all but yet be above it all. They have an air of mystery about them as if they know something you don't know.

INTJs intimidate me; I think they'd eat me alive eventually. :D Doesn't seem like an level pairing, the INFP/INTJ relationship. ENTJs seem to see and know all but yet be above it all.

How do you explain that difference between INTJ and ENTJ? The Ni-Te shift isn't enough to explain that. There's something more to it.

How do you explain that difference between INTJ and ENTJ? The Ni-Te shift isn't enough to explain that. There's something more to it.

Wasn't explaining the shift. And not knowledgeable enough about the functions to adequately explain the differences between the two types. Someone else who is more knowledgeable can do that.

In terms of cognitive functions there seems to be two ways of explaining attraction:

1. You're attracted to the type with the opposite cognitive function, e.g. Ni-Ne
2. You're attracted to the type whose dominant function is your tertiary or inferior

From your experience which of these two, if any, holds?

I'd probably say both. I'm definitely attracted to Ne. Like wow. I just think it's so cool. How do they take in all that information? It would make my head explode. I feel like they can always offer something interesting.

On #2 inferior NO. Se scares me. Tertiary maybe.

I don't think I'm a match with high Fe users. Fe-overload would send me over the edge.

Mmh, well in my case, I find Ne attractive. But when they shoot aimlessly in all directions it kinda gets annoying. Also I like people who have good Te, but that's more in a work environment, not sexual attraction. Thoroughly polished Fe is something I really admire, like one xNFJ friend of mine who is suave as one can get. Ti is also awesome if they don't become OCDy. Si/Se whatever.

I am attracted to Fi in all it's forms to some level. and also I think J. Hard to tell though, everyone is different.