Any INFJ architects out there? | INFJ Forum

Any INFJ architects out there?

Dec 4, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Hello,

I recently graduated with a B.A degree in Film and Media studies, but I have always been fascinated by architecture and taken a few introductory architecture courses in my freshman and sophomore year. Now, I am contemplating the idea of pursuing a Masters in Architecture. Before I make the plunge, I want to know if there are any INFJ architects out there who can share about 1) what was it like in graduate school (if you took that route) 2) how is it like in the workplace and 3) is the career suitable/gratifying for your personality and needs? Anything other tips/advice/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I wish I had something to add from personal experience rather than just well wishes but I just wanted to wish you well on your adventure. If I had my time again I would have preferred to work with structures rather than people. Architecture/town planning was something I considered but I made different choices. Still, in designing and building my own home one day maybe this interest will be fulfilled?

Get yourself to some Open Days, make some contacts and if you feel this is something you could run with and the market is relatively stable. Do it!

My brother in law is an architect and finally built his own home, with his own hands not too long ago. It is magnificent and was the pinnacle of a highly successful career.

Sending positive vibes to help you along the way x