Votes: 22 84.6%
  • Yes-- but only for medicinal use

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
Have you ever smoked weed? It's really fucking weak all around. I feel mostly normal and I act normal when I'm really high. People can't tell a difference. For comparison, pretty much everything else you can take, it's the exact opposite. Why not remove the high from opioids? Removing the high from marijuana is going to always make the possible side effects more frequent and negative.

We don't take out highs from medicines. Opioid medicines and others would react better without their high than weed and they would be easier/cheaper to remove. So why does anything get us high? Why is there not a push to do this to all drugs?

http://www.gallup.com/poll/150149/record-high-americans-favor-legalizing-marijuana.aspx

I've smoked weed. I've smoked a lot of weed. But, I'm not really speaking for the moment as a recreational user, but rather as more of an advocate for its medicinal use.

I think the difference is that removing the high from the opiates is equivalent to removing its medicinal properties. The only reason people (legitimately) take Vicodin, morphine, etc. is for pain. There are two active ingredients in Vicodin: Hydrocodone bitartrate and acetaminophen. Without those, why take the drug in the first place? The high is the medical property.

Weed is a little more complex. Weed is notorious for being a drug that is actually many drugs-- cannabinoids, they are called. In its raw form, sure, it eases pain and even gets you a nice little psychotropic high. However, because of the (over 400, apparently) number of cannabinoids in the plant, it is possible to take away the high and still have medical properties. Over 400 cannabinoids-- each one could potentially function as its own form of medication-- for whatever condition it is suitable for.

Antidepressants are another example of a medication that does not have a high.

Last edited:
Well, the 'general populace' doesn't vote laws into effect.

So what role do we play?

I guess I'm pretty politics ignorant -__-

The general public only really votes on Representatives most of the time. Some states have ballot initiatives people vote for, some have forced ballots. Most of them you just vote on someone to represent you and your ideologies (or so you believe), wait for them to do things in your name, and either vote on them again or vote them out, accordingly.

Marijuana itself was something the people got no vote on. Likewise with other drugs.

OK, well in CA, I think it was last year or so, there was Prop 19, which everyone voted on. It lost by a similar margin to the TV show.
I just looked up what a Proposition is, officially. I get it now.

So what role do we play?

An extremely abbreviated answer: we vote for officials who, in theory, hold similar beliefs as us. Then they go and do the actual voting on our behalf (aka: representing us).

The problem here is that what they claim to represent does not always line up with what they actually vote for - often times because corporations pay them huge sums of money to do so.

In a short post, I could probably write about 300 pages on this topic and there are entire areas of study devoted to it. That is, political corruption in the United States and what to do about it. But the above will have to suffice for now. Point is, you don't vote on anything about marijuana. But you do vote on which people can vote on marijuana. Again, in theory.

Reactions: subwayrider
Where are you getting this idea from?

I just voted on the legalization of cannabis a couple of years ago. It didn't pass but I didn't care because it's already decriminalized anyways. You can smoke it right in front of cops and they won't even say anything. A lot of pot heads actually voted no on legalizing it because they want to keep it tax and regulation free.

I can only speak for California though, the greatest place on earth.

OK, well in CA, I think it was last year or so, there was Prop 19, which everyone voted on. It lost by a similar margin to the TV show.
I just looked up what a Proposition is, officially. I get it now.

That was in November 2010. The same bill would pass this year. BTW, the government does not respect state laws at all. Even if you vote for it, the government can say "fuck you" and just... sue the fuck out of your state. Your state will usually lose to the US government.

Richard Lee, the guy behind the ballot initiative, is presently in trouble with uncle sam: http://blog.norml.org/2012/04/03/st...ell-obama-to-end-the-medical-marijuana-raids/

Then, there's positive news also, like this: http://blog.norml.org/2012/04/17/co...ally-support-marijuana-regulation-initiative/

Which speaks basically for itself.