YOUR TRUTH: What would you change about the world? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

YOUR TRUTH: What would you change about the world?

Plenty of intelligent people here, but I doubt a single person on this forum has an IQ of 160, let alone 220. It's dizzying to even consider.

Perhaps they wouldnʼt tell if that were the case.

Cheers,
Ian

I would get rid of capitalism in the U.S. or change it to something else; capitalism is a philosophy created by people sitting in a circle- why can't this ideology be altered for the better or what exactly is better? Does the common goal have to be primarily about money?- BXM

A good place to start might be with actual free market capitalism instead of the state sponsored corporatism we currently have.

A good place to start might be with actual free market capitalism instead of the state sponsored corporatism we currently have.

That would be interesting to see. I am waiting for something new to be created, although who knows if it would be effective though since we have been under this ideology for so long. As stated in the earlier posts regarding change- it may cause chaos whether that be through one's moral codes or other contributing factors.

Clearly.

You'd even have outliers with a 'squished' distribution. The only time you don't is with an sd of 0, then all your values are the same, and that's just an infinite line upwards. But none of this is relevant.

My point was that if you moved the distribution a few deviations to the right, the average person would be a super genius, and that it's hard to imagine what such a world would look like. It's no small change. The calculation was merely to illustrate that point.
Perhaps it's clearer if I say that 95% of the population will have an IQ between 131 and 189? (Rounded.) So yes, "everyone" would be a genius.

The teachers back in the late sixties started curving the test scores for more people to pass. This was and is a serious problem.

When I looked at how much I had learned in the eighth and ninth grades, it caused this grumbling inside my stomach as I walked through the class doors of tenth grade. Rather than boost the ego, they had us taking one for the team. They really could have come up with a better idea. It was at our cost.

Testing for IQ is a great joy when most answers flow easily. Comparing oneself with others using IQ is delicate. We are not IQ scores walking around. Comparisons using kids' is the same. What about how well we get along with others?
Popularity scores?

I'll be the guy alone at the end of the park bench watching others go by. Two small pieces of bread placed near my feet. Blue jeans, t-shirt, old truck, and someone asks, "so that is our new Teacher now?" Bad analogy, I know.

So, is this our new class now? Imagine: grandchildren of our own peers.

Last edited:
Reactions: aeon and Jexocuha
What is one thing you would alter about the world/society for the better?

I would get rid of capitalism in the U.S. or change it to something else; capitalism is a philosophy created by people sitting in a circle- why can't this ideology be altered for the better or what exactly is better? Does the common goal have to be primarily about money?- BXM

tumblr_ms9das1qE01rnzpvio1_250.gif

The "world" is a very large place, and way too complex and socio-culturally dense to even think about a meaningful change that would certainly make it undeniably "better". What's "better" for some, just makes it worse for others.

Here's some casual speculative ideas though that give me positive vibes when thinking about innovative changes that can make life better for a lot of people:
  • Putting more investment in energy conservation, strong incentives programs to convert gas-powered vehicles and combustion-based generators into flexible-fuel/electric hybrids, investment in battery charging and swap stations added to fuel pumps making electric vehicles as quickly and easily "fueled" as a convenience store fuel station. More incentives and lower cost for residential and commercial properties to integrate alternative energy sources and cut regulations for local off-grid backup plants, for residential and business properties to generate and share their own energy sources.
  • More investment in safer nuclear energy plants and waste management. This for powering large future developments in densely populated locations.
  • Putting more investment in creative building and infrastructure development projects in areas once deemed "uninhabitable" or in practical, due to lack of natural resources or unfavorable climates and/or altitudes. Examples include building large geodomes in extremely hot desert terrain, which serves as an "artificial atmosphere regulator" - stabilizing the exposure to harsh temperatures and radiation levels, allowing for novel agricultural production. Another example would be building these things in underwater space. This would go along with making more room for more affordable housing and competitive ecosystems to challenge the old and overly priced developments that are falling apart and stagnant due to politics and convoluted regulations.
  • Putting more development in robotics and automation to be able to accelerate infrastructure, energy, and agricultural projects, especially requiring lots of tests and experimental simulations to ensure readiness in a new major deployment.
  • More investment in robotics for affordable security solutions, lowering costs and keeping valuable protective service personnel out of harms way.
  • More local private IT/Cyber security forces to specialize in keeping public and private local community networks free, educated, and safe.
  • Finally, a worldwide campaign to boycott and abolish Google.
Ok, I'm done...

The "world" is a very large place, and way too complex and socio-culturally dense to even think about a meaningful change that would certainly make it undeniably "better". What's "better" for some, just makes it worse for others.

Here's some casual speculative ideas though that give me positive vibes when thinking about innovative changes that can make life better for a lot of people:
  • Putting more investment in energy conservation, strong incentives programs to convert gas-powered vehicles and combustion-based generators into flexible-fuel/electric hybrids, investment in battery charging and swap stations added to fuel pumps making electric vehicles as quickly and easily "fueled" as a convenience store fuel station. More incentives and lower cost for residential and commercial properties to integrate alternative energy sources and cut regulations for local off-grid backup plants, for residential and business properties to generate and share their own energy sources.
  • More investment in safer nuclear energy plants and waste management. This for powering large future developments in densely populated locations.
  • Putting more investment in creative building and infrastructure development projects in areas once deemed "uninhabitable" or in practical, due to lack of natural resources or unfavorable climates and/or altitudes. Examples include building large geodomes in extremely hot desert terrain, which serves as an "artificial atmosphere regulator" - stabilizing the exposure to harsh temperatures and radiation levels, allowing for novel agricultural production. Another example would be building these things in underwater space. This would go along with making more room for more affordable housing and competitive ecosystems to challenge the old and overly priced developments that are falling apart and stagnant due to politics and convoluted regulations.
  • Putting more development in robotics and automation to be able to accelerate infrastructure, energy, and agricultural projects, especially requiring lots of tests and experimental simulations to ensure readiness in a new major deployment.
  • More investment in robotics for affordable security solutions, lowering costs and keeping valuable protective service personnel out of harms way.
  • More local private IT/Cyber security forces to specialize in keeping public and private local community networks free, educated, and safe.
  • Finally, a worldwide campaign to boycott and abolish Google.
Ok, I'm done...

Goodness gracious, if only we could have coffee or beer or whatnot together, the imaginarium would materialize around us.

Respect,
Ian

Not everything, but some things:

1. Everyone can remain young as long as they live.
2. Diseases don't exist anymore.
3. There's no such thing as a traumatic injury--everyone can regrow body parts, brain tissue, etc. with minimal side effects. The effects of neurotoxins can be fully reversed with chelation
4. Everyone is immortal also until they decide to have children, at which point they return to normal human lifespan.
5. People have complete control over their fertility.
6. Gender ratio skews from 50/50 Male/Female to 25/75 or less.
7. People can have the effects of exercise, surgery, etc. instantly whenever they want.
8. FTL travel exists and is cheap.
9. Minimum human IQ is 120.
10. 1% of people can reincarnate after they die.
11. Plants can be grown on completely infertile soil with a simple procedure, and are grown often on foreign worlds without life so that food supplies don't require death to procure.
12. Each time someone reincarnates their IQ increases by 20.

This is assuming like omnipotence I guess but if we're talking what I'd do with just political power I'd have to think on it more. Maybe:
1. Economic decisions are made by a democratic world government.
2. You pay more for healthcare based on how much money you make, not where you live.
3. Social policy is decided by the college-educated in the world only.

Last edited:
What is one thing you would alter about the world/society for the better?
tumblr_ms9das1qE01rnzpvio1_250.gif

I honestly believe that capitalism is a consequence of demographics be it a small group of materialist personalities that forced their systems upon the rest of the population and profited massively for which nearly everyone else has been holding the bag. The other side of the coin isn't any better as wealth gets concentrated in the hands of government and partly elites. There really does need to be something better.

Oh, only 60 points? That's enough?

Lmao.

Imagine a world where the average IQ is 160. That would mean 1 in 2 people would have that IQ. Currently that's 1 in 30-thousand or so? (It's the 99.99683'th percentile. That would mean that in that world, an IQ of 220 is as rare as an IQ of 160 now. You can check the calculation using the cdf of the normal distribution. Have fun.)

Plenty of intelligent people here, but I doubt a single person on this forum has an IQ of 160, let alone 220. It's dizzying to even consider.
Raw intelligence is nice but won't make up for all the mental shitware from public education and entertainment these days never mind all the brain rot going around like a virus on platforms like tiktok. Still would be nice if common minds were more expansive and open to new ideas vs all the usual rot. Still very deeply annoyed with neurotypical minds being so rigid and linear thus either a deep avoidance to novel ideas or the lack of capacity for anything too different from the usual norms.

I was just talking about this with my sibling and I truly think there needs to be more access to education- everywhere.

The Cost of education should be lower or even free, so that we can all come to a mutual understanding regarding all knowledge..

The pressure of the cost of education makes people hesitant to want to learn. If we fix this, then there wouldn’t be this pressure.
This system should be strict too.
Also no technology just books (maybe the old day phones but that’s it).

This could improve society in many ways. To have people want to learn without money being involved could change many things. This doesn’t just go for college but even what the younger generation are taught in school- perhaps another approach of teaching should be created.
If we can start from scratch then we could create a better world or just it’s outcomes in general.

I was just talking about this with my sibling and I truly think there needs to be more access to education- everywhere.
A great point. I’d add that education should be centred on teaching people to think for themselves. There is too much ideology being pushed as education at the moment. I’d rather have young people taught to see and critique the pros and cons of every viewpoint objectively rather than be brainwashed by a currently fashionable one.