What send shivers down your spine? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What send shivers down your spine?

Apparently the video up now was edited.

A comment from a video analyzing her performance because I can't sit here for a half hour listening to this women say something she could have in 3 minutes:
I think u nailed it when u said she may not be in a good place mentally. I’ve watched a lot of old interviews from the 80s and 90s and in them she’s insightful confident brassy and articulate. Not that she’s not those things now but when I watch her interviewed now or perform it feels like she’s unsure and nervous. As u said the pressure must be enormous especially for her. Also Madonna has been criticised and vilified bullied and mocked pretty badly online and in the media generally in the last 5 years for her appearance to her age to her relevance. Some of it may have had an effect on her. The performance was terrible for what ever reason. However she’s had an amazing run and I’m sure she will continue to do great things. What ever is going on in her life or her health I wish her all the very best.

This has me thinking her emotional state is what really set the tone for the performance, and perhaps why @sassafras felt it.

I am aware of that, but thank you for summarising.
I know, didn't want to sound condescending.

What has been the pathway to this, what have you been looking for on the internet to find this, seriously? I want the answers! :tearsofjoy:
Honestly, that one was a direct jump. Habit of impulsively link random stuff in my head, awesome in moments, awkward/painful in others when I immediately blurt it out :).
Anyways,that one came from a post on 9gag a couple years ago. And the ceremony itself was a bit of a...special interpretation on the history of the mountain and the workers of the tunnel lol.
Makes for a good creepy story. (hence it being interesting and wtf at the same time)

The creep factor for me was Madonna's Eurovision performance last year. I'm not even going to post it here, it disturbs me so much.

(Word of warning: if you're not in a good head space right now, I don't suggest you seek it out)

I watched it and it was creepy. I can see how symbolism may tie in with current events. The comments on the video state that, too. I always thought Like a Prayer was an innuendo about a BJ so to end on that note was an especially wild ride. I'm more perplexed by those performance choices than anything.

That one was a trainwreck lol. Subliminal stuff. The one on her channel has been autotuned and the live one was a bit...weird to say the least. It's Madonna though. :p

Last edited:
So far, the Madonna thing isn't creepy to me. I think it depends on how you associate the theme. It's based on what I consider artificially creepy in movies back when that was a thing.
Then again, I like sp00ky shit, and listen to witch house, so maybe don't listen to me.
I'm not devaluing how you feel about it, nor am I positing any resilience. I am just analyzing why I feel the way I feel, and perhaps why it's different for you/anyone else.

I know blasphemy and occultism is sort of Madonna’s schtick (I once read that her celeb love contract includes the right to perform electroshock therapy on her lovers at leisure - fucking weird woman) and I was anticipating something meant to incite outrage. I was prepared to roll my eyes. But I remember seeing this and thinking: something is seriously wrong here. Just on a gut visceral level. Wrong. I rarely, if ever, have reactions like this to things I see in media, so that alone made me sit up and pay attention.

The fact that it now coincides with present global events just ups it for me. It’s weird and creepy and even right now, I can’t even look at it or attempt explain why it feels like that for me. It’s just a big fucking nope fish in the big blue nope sea.

Last edited:
I actually wanted to read someone's take on her performance back when it first aired.

This was pretty interesting. They are saying her performance was actually about Israeli and Palestinian conflict and a call for peace.
rather reminds me of a fading performer that has lost their vocal chops to command a stage and has relied on auto-tune and special effects to hold an audience. I found the whole thing rather tedious, and an unfortunate performance . . controversy keeps her relevant when her voice no longer does. .

Shivering spines and rupturing ears since the early BC's, click at your own peril.
It's said whoever can listen to this for the longest time becomes superhuman.

XL_27606.jpg

I have the same kind of thing with cotton. It makes my teeth grind because I automatically picture someone chewing on it.

giphy.gif

(I'm realizing right now that I'm really squeamish about a lot of weird things. lol. I had no problem catching a bunch of mice this weekend and putting them outside... but cottonballs? Blegh)

s'okay I meant that :grinning:
But alsoo...you were being captain obvious.

Honestly, that one was a direct jump. Habit of impulsively link random stuff in my head, awesome in moments, awkward/painful in others when I immediately blurt it out :).
Anyways,that one came from a post on 9gag a couple years ago. And the ceremony itself was a bit of a...special interpretation on the history of the mountain and the workers of the tunnel lol.
Makes for a good creepy story. (hence it being interesting and wtf at the same time)

Ah, 9gag. I thought that might be it, although I don't remember seeing this particular video there. That's also where I've seen Kenneth first.

XL_27606.jpg

I have the same kind of thing with cotton. It makes my teeth grind because I automatically picture someone chewing on it.

giphy.gif

(I'm realizing right now that I'm really squeamish about a lot of weird things. lol. I had no problem catching a bunch of mice this weekend and putting them outside... but cottonballs? Blegh)

I've seen only other one person that said the same thing. Ellen, the interview host. Made me curious about the origin of that disgust...
How have you even came to dislike it that much, do you have cotton balls laying around somewhere? Have you ever been forced to chew on some?
giphy.gif

I've seen only other one person that said the same thing. Ellen, the interview host. Made me curious about the origin of that disgust...
How have you even came to dislike it that much, do you have cotton balls laying around somewhere? Have you ever been forced to chew on some?
giphy.gif

I just realized the irony of your username paired with this question. Feeling a little defensive, are we? :tearsofjoy:

I had no idea Ellen Degeneres felt this way about cottonballs. Cool! I'm not quite sure what to do with this information. Maybe I can take solace in not being the only weirdo with this aversion. I have celebrity endorsement now.

But as for the origins of my disgust, I have no clue. Maybe its a repressed childhood memory or something.

source.gif

oh my god, it is a thing. It's called Sidonglobophobia

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/imevenafraidoftomcotton

I don't have it so bad that I won't touch cotton in a pill bottle or avoid the drug store aisle where they have it (lol!) but I do grind my teeth when I see it. I literally do this:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I just realized the irony of your username paired with this question. Feeling a little defensive, are we? :tearsofjoy:

I had no idea Ellen Degeneres felt this way about cottonballs. Cool! I'm not quite sure what to do with this information. Maybe I can take solace in not being the only weirdo with this aversion. I have celebrity endorsement now.

But as for the origins of my disgust, I have no clue. Maybe its a repressed childhood memory or something.

source.gif
Haha, nah, just curious, always curious.

source.gif

oh my god, it is a thing. It's called Sidonglobophobia

https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikespohr/imevenafraidoftomcotton

I don't have it so bad that I won't touch cotton in a pill bottle or avoid the drug store aisle where they have it (lol!) but I do grind my teeth when I see it. I literally do this:

giphy.gif
weirdos

That one was a trainwreck lol. Subliminal stuff. The one on her channel has been autotuned and the live one was a bit...weird to say the least. It's Madonna though. :p

Meh, I don't quite comprehend the controversy here. I have faith and found this one far less offensive than her usual. This one indeed seems like a political statement or at least a message steeped in Greenpeace warnings to the world. Not really sure what the monks are about but it does remind me of an Enigma video.. ^.^

Meh, I don't quite comprehend the controversy here. I have faith and found this one far less offensive than her usual. This one indeed seems like a political statement or at least a message steeped in Greenpeace warnings to the world. Not really sure what the monks are about but it does remind me of an Enigma video.. ^.^

It could be interpreted in different ways, especially on an international event like Eurovision, which is politics under the guise of entertainment. As the finals where she performed was done in Tel Aviv (Israel) during active war times within that region,
it seemed "off" / confusing what she was representing there. But yeah, it's Madonna, she's a follower of Judaism and wanted to present her statement in her kind of way...but on an event like Eurovision, gotta be careful.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-44124396
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/music/artists/madonna-eurovision-2019-jewish/

Madonna is due to perform at the final of the Eurovision Song Contest in Israel on Saturday night; she will preview a song from her new album for £1 million, paid for by an Israeli billionaire. Roger Waters of Pink Floyd has asked her not to sing - he says it will “normalise” the occupation of Palestine - but it is unlikely that Madonna will resist an opportunity to honour her obsession with Jewish mysticism.

She takes no particular side in the conflict. She falls back on the “why can’t we all get along?” narrative but for some any visit to Israel is collusion in child murder.

Madonna’s love of Jewish mysticism - of Kabbalah, the “woo!” branch of Judaism - is weird but not offensive. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to be Jewish, but there aren’t that many philo-Semites around; we will take what we can get. What we get is a splice of Madonna and a new form of Kabbalah that requires no previous Jewish learning, or experience....

Reactions: flower and Misty