What exercise do you do? | INFJ Forum

What exercise do you do?

What's your exercise?

• team sports (basketball, soccer, lacrosse, rugby, volleyball...)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-on-1 sports (badminton, tennis...)

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • hiking, running, walking, swimming

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • yoga, stretching, P90x, breathing, meditation

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Twister (with my cousins)

• World of Warcraft III

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • 3-dimensional chess

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • weight-lifting, martial arts, gymnastics

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • reading (books require strength to hold up)

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • cooking (lots of moving around)

• Total voters

knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
I used to be regular but erratic in exercise patterns, but it was frequent enough to do some good. That's the key: some good. There are many uses to exercise.

Hiking gave me the stable, mind-wandering, one-on-one (or alone) kind of mild exercise I needed.
Swimming helped me feel better about my body's appearance with the same benefits of mind-wandering and sometimes having the company of a friend.
Then there are the more active, energetic sports that I explore occasionally. The more energetic, the less frequently I spend time on them. Anything that can be done with one other friend is sure to be utilized.

I finally took a class in cardio and strength fitness. It was actually the perfect combination of positive reinforcement, minimal equipment, mild frequency, regimentation, motivation, and long term effectiveness. (Never mind that only 3 out of 10 students were male. Definitely a far-cry from being on a basketball team, but it can't be denied that this was basically what I needed.)

i like swimming laps. indoors though because i have nightmares about the sun. when i was younger i used to play tennis, waterpolo, and run a lot. now just laps!

Cardio.

i like swimming laps. indoors though because i have nightmares about the sun. when i was younger i used to play tennis, waterpolo, and run a lot. now just laps!
How many laps do you do?
I used to swim indoors too, but the pools indoors are sometimes so grimy.

How many laps do you do?
I used to swim indoors too, but the pools indoors are sometimes so grimy.

you're right,. they're revolting. but the exercise is so good and i'm so paranoid about the sun that i just tell myself that the pool is too full of bleach for it to matter what else is in there.

i don't know how many laps i swim. i swim for half an hour. i sometimes stop for a minute here and there. i am not exactly ridiculously fit or anything. i just try and get a good workout.

Reactions: knight in battle
I really really wish I had access to a free public swimming pool. Or even a pool I could pay a few dollars an hour would be alright. The pool nearest me is like 7 bucks for an hour of swimming. Screw you Canada! Or maybe it's more like screw you New Brunswick....I don't particularly enjoy this provence.

Swimming is the only exercise I actually enjoy. Well, I also like hiking. Being outside in the woods is nice. But I like swimming way more.

Reactions: invisible
I like a bit of everything, but mainly

-Weight-lifting/ martial arts
-Stretching/ P90x and similar workouts
-Swimming Laps/Running Sprints

The more challenging/intense the more I seem to enjoy it - I like to have somebody to spot me, but other than that I don't like having a lot of people around (I don't like a lot of small talk normally, nevermind when I'm in the middle of a work out).

I enjoy a bit of hiking and things of that sort, but they've never felt quite like a workout to me- it's more like a relaxation/ mind freeing type thing (not that it can't be rigorous) -> You described it pretty well "Hiking gave me the stable, mind-wandering, one-on-one (or alone) kind of mild exercise I needed."

10 crunches as I wake up,
10 pushups as I fall out of bed,
10 bodyweight squats as I get up from floor,
x standing calf raises as I euh, well, bathroom stuff,
flex arms as I open any bottle, open any door or pick up anything
(I wish I had doorframes I could do pullups on)
when waiting for a PC to start up... shadowboxing if nobody can see me
Take all stairs twice (actually thrice, up, down, up again)
few times a day, flex entire body and roar like a lion RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR while performing crazy eyes
buttflexing while sitting
march everywhere at high speed (although I need to slow down as I tend to tackle people accidentally)
Lift people I know but who walk in front of me at waaay too low a speed
dumbbell or bodyweight exercises whenever I'm waiting for something
cardio

I don't have time to go to gyms

My primary form of exercise is something called In the Groove (ITG). If you're familiar with Dance Dance Revolution (DDR) then you'll know more or less what I'm referring to. I've been doing this competitively for some years now; I was originally 135 pounds and now I'm 110. I've now branched out a bit with my exercises, so my routine also includes running, and biking (if weather permits), as well as a few other assorted things.

Reactions: Bird
Usually dance but I am injured so...right now I walk, lifts some weights and stretch.