Things That Freak Introverts Out | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Things That Freak Introverts Out

laughing hysterically at all of your posts....OK after a resurge in my composure...mine is being stared at blankly when I raise a question in a meeting. The folks look at me like have three heads, lol. I've even had one CEO blurt out 'she talks !?!' :m129:

Standing in front of a group of strangers at the beginning of a new term, introducing myself in a slightly low voice (for effect, not nerves, of course ;)), only to have wary eyes wonder, "Is she able to speak at sound levels not only dogs can hear?"

Presenting the afternoon part of the course and having to sit through the whole morning part of the course.
Usually after not having slept well the previous night, arriving 1 hour earlier than everyone else. As the morning progresses having your body scream LEAVE NOW. Then standing up in the afternoon red faced, heart pounding, tiny voice...

This only applied when I was in middle school or grade school but having the "stare" and some kid would think that I was so madly obsessed with staring at them that they would get super freaked out and uptight; instead of realizing that I was staring off into space, past them, into my own agenda.

When a sales person comes to ask in a shop that do you need any help.

When I'm happily texting a friend and suddenly said friend decides to call instead.

When on the phone with said friend,
"Ok, Skype me so I can see your face."

Me:

Scared-Cat.jpg

"B...but... you already know what I look like! Just picture my face."

"Oh, come on!"

"I think I left the stove on or the water running or something. Call you back?"

"*sigh* yeah, sure."

**texts back**

Just thought of one. Maybe someone else already said it... I can't stand having my picture taken. I not sure what my deal is because I'm gorgeous, but that's how it is. So it goes.

There is this one relative that can't go anywhere without her camera. Everytime I see her she tries to sneak a picture of me, but I always notice her and ruin her picture by ducking out of the way or by making some strange face. She says she has a folder in her computer that is just me ruining all of her pic attempts for the past 15 years. That in itself is pretty creepy. Oh well.

Just thought of one. Maybe someone else already said it... I can't stand having my picture taken. I not sure what my deal is because I'm gorgeous, but that's how it is. So it goes.

There is this one relative that can't go anywhere without her camera. Everytime I see her she tries to sneak a picture of me, but I always notice her and ruin her picture by ducking out of the way or by making some strange face. She says she has a folder in her computer that is just me ruining all of her pic attempts for the past 15 years. That in itself is pretty creepy. Oh well.
Haha! YES! Most photos people have of me are of my silliest faces I can come up with. For some reason I'm more comfortable in front of the camera looking like a fool than my usual awkward don't-know-if I-should-smile-or-not-and-what-if-that-fake-ass-smile-looks-impossibly-ridiculous self.

For some reason I'm more comfortable in front of the camera looking like a fool than my usual awkward don't-know-if I-should-smile-or-not-and-what-if-that-fake-ass-smile-looks-impossibly-ridiculous self.

Exactly! If I'm gonna look like a fool, it's gonna be intentionally, dammit!

*nephew scampers in like a puppy on meth with three of his equally puppy energized friends*

"OMG AUNTIE!!!! CAN WE PLAY IN MY ROOM?!?!!!!! ALL THE OTHER PARENTS KICKED US OUT BECAUSE WE'RE TOO LOUD AND OBNOXIOUS BUT I PROMISE WE'LL BE QUIET!!!!! PLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAASE??????"

..... *sigh*

This only applied when I was in middle school or grade school but having the "stare" and some kid would think that I was so madly obsessed with staring at them that they would get super freaked out and uptight; instead of realizing that I was staring off into space, past them, into my own agenda.

I would do this too, sometimes, I'll be staring off just thinking and quiet, but people would think something is wrong. I realized it wasn't a good idea to do it with company unless I'm at home, where no one cares.

I hate my picture being taken because it makes me overly self conscious and extremely self critical.. I prefer to take a selfie instead, because I'll actually look decent in it. People take the most unflattering pics of me then tell me it looks nice. Really? :D

Walking into a crowded movie theater where people just noticed someone new has entered, making you feel like suddenly self conscious, and so you look straight ahead, walking up to the last row in the theater to avoid their curious eyes. You know, it's really a marvelous thing that we watch movies in dark lighting. I'd feel way too self conscious if lights were on.

"Change of plans: Some people you don't know well, but who have been judgmental in the past, are coming to pick you up."
Uh, OK.