The, er, bunker in the woods? | INFJ Forum

The, er, bunker in the woods?

could be a daycare center?

I thought it was something from the war or perhaps a cold war bunker in case of a nuclear attack, like a decayed version of something seen in the Fallout games, it was scary, not just because I've seen that urban explorers horror film which freaked me out (one of the few proper video nasties I've ever actually seen).

It probably would be dangerous to explore something like that because of issues to do with flooding and structural integrity, builds of gases and the like, those are issues with regular caving and potholing in underground caverns and caves but those pipes and possible ventilation shafts and machines were there for a reason.

Although I wonder about those things, why they havent been preserved for posterity, history and tours, that kind of thing.

It probably would be dangerous to explore something like that because of issues to do with flooding and structural integrity, builds of gases and the like, those are issues with regular caving and potholing in underground caverns and caves but those pipes and possible ventilation shafts and machines were there for a reason.

Despite it unkempt, it actually looks solid. The walls of those narrow hallways act as pillars.

Although I wonder about those things, why they havent been preserved for posterity, history and tours, that kind of thing.

that costs money. I wonder the same about ghost towns and other places that seem useful. I think it's a matter of how much of a pain it is to get there, and how many resources available in the area. There's a reason people don't live in the desert.

Someone found Vault 13 at last

Well that is just super creepy. I spook easily, wouldn't go any farther into that bunker than the light. Probably wouldn't go in to begin with honestly.

That's a cracking bunker! Next time they should take welly boots and a torch!

Sometimes the old cold war bunkers have asbestos in them but as long as you aren't disturbing things you're probably fine for a wee explore

There's an old nuclear bunker right in the middle of Edinburgh but the locals chucked tyres down it and burned it out which has rendered it not safe from asbestos dust

There's also the 'secret bunker' in scotland which is a tourist attraction you can go and visit. It has a command centre so that the government could carry on fucntioning after an attack

I always wondered how with a 5 minute warning the personnel and el-ites would have time to get to these bunkers if a strike was made

They had lists of peoples names who were to be permitted into the bunkers and machine gun nests on the door. If your name was not on the list and you tried to enter the bunker they would open fire

But surviving the initial blast is the easy bit, its the fallout that's the problem; probably best not to have a nuclear war in the first place

Whilst war gamming a british home office official suggested the government recruit psychopaths to run the country after a nuclear strike; which is a pretty retarded thing to say seeing as it would have been psychopaths who would have caused the strike in the first place and you can't solve a proble by using the same level of consciousness that cause the problem

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-keep-order-after-nuclear-attack-9832910.html

The film 'as above so below' is a pretty claustrophobic horror set in the catacombs beneath paris which are a tourist attraction; we have underground sections and cave systems under edinburgh too. Some of them like mary kings close were blocked off while full of their inhabitants during the plague to try and quarantine it; now they attract ghosthunters. Theres also a particularly violent poltergeist said to scratch people which inhabits the graveyard of Greyfriars kirk where hundreds of covenanters were imprisoned in appauling conditions, many dying in the process, but it hasn't scratched me yet.

There's also an old cave system said to have been used by the hellfire club in gilmerton. Inside is a raised table with seats around it:

a-seating-area-and-table.jpg

The gilmerton coves are very similar to the underground cities of cappadocia in Turkey, which many travellers to antique lands from edinburgh might well have visited on their way to the holy city.

The old underground 'cthonic' cults used to perform sacrifices at night time.

The cthonic spirit is the unseen unconscious part of our nature buried beneath our conscious sight. It is of a dual nature; it can be a wellspring of creative energy but it can also be destructive. It all depends which side you choose to feed as you become what you do.

Reactions: Cornerstone
Yugoslavia's Tito had a similar bunker in Bosnia.

[video=youtube;JdhTw9tfT8M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdhTw9tfT8M[/video]

it looks in much better shape

Very very old apature science enrichment facility.

MO

Note about places like that... people..kids go into the sometimes. Get really far in, get lost or the batteries on the single flashlight they brought die. Its nit a pretty sight when they are found.

Note about places like that... people..kids go into the sometimes. Get really far in, get lost or the batteries on the single flashlight they brought die. Its nit a pretty sight when they are found.

I know of stories like that from caving expeditions, we always had plenty of lights when we went caving, some people that two or even three back ups even.

ach that's character building!

No fucking way

I like creepy abandoned places (especially Hellingly Asylum) but underground, flooded and spooky as shit is something I have no interest in.

And there might be dead kids down there? One with a caved in head, the other holding a bloodied flashlight...no thanks.

@muir - We get the five minute warning

@muir - We get the five minute warning

Good point

But if russia had lost the plot and decided to try and launch a pre-emptive strike totally out of the blue how long would the el-ites in the UK have had to get to a bunker once they realised what was happening?

Good point

But if russia had lost the plot and decided to try and launch a pre-emptive strike totally out of the blue how long would the el-ites in the UK have had to get to a bunker once they realised what was happening?

And fuck with the Grand Plan?

I don't think a wildcard Russian would have been allowed near the button.

There's apparently a fair bit of occultist symbolism in the USSR and Russia certainly has a history of magic and mysticism. If this thing is as much an occult conspiracy as it is material/terrestrial it stands to reason that that decision would not be in the hands of people who were only thinking of the material consequences of nuclear war. There's a certain flair for the theatrical in the totalitarian tiptoe and I don't believe all out nuclear war is necessarily beneficial to these...people...yet.

There's apparently a fair bit of occultist symbolism in the USSR and Russia certainly has a history of magic and mysticism. If this thing is as much an occult conspiracy as it is material/terrestrial it stands to reason that that decision would not be in the hands of people who were only thinking of the material consequences of nuclear war. There's a certain flair for the theatrical in the totalitarian tiptoe and I don't believe all out nuclear war is necessarily beneficial to these...people...yet.

Well you could read into my question an element of doubt in the idea that the elite would have time to make it to the bunkers if the russians launched

This then leaves the possiblity open of them receiving pre-warning from the opposition

I've seen that. Cool find.

I'd probably have a panic attack in there, but fuck it. I'd wander far as I could.

Also,

[video=youtube;OOXc908YiCA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOXc908YiCA#t=102[/video]

That sounds like a lot of wishful thinking, if there's a grand occult conspiracy then everything is a lot more ordered and meaningful than to all appearences.

So I would bet with a little research you can find out what the place is.