INFJ woman needs advice about INTP man | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

INFJ woman needs advice about INTP man

For me, MBTI does play a significant role in a relationship. I've found that I get along much better, and communicate much better, with other Intuitives. I've been in relationships with both Intuitives and Sensors ... and I can only go so far with a Sensor. It usually remains pretty superficial. I find that I can craft a much deeper relationship with another Intuitive.

This does not mean however, that I should be comfortable in a rut and attribute it all to this being the way I am according to MBTI. I do believe in exploring and growing other aspects of myself that might not be my preferred functions. I also believe that a relationship depends on more than MBTI ... it is simply one of my cornerstones for understanding and growing a relationship. If I know the needs, desires, and preferred communication methods of my partner ... then I can be more responsive to them.

I didn't know anything about MBTI when I got married. But, for me, a clueless INTP, MBTI has been a great tool for understanding people, something that comes much more easily for INFJ's. Sure, it has limitations, but these are nothing compared to my limitations in understanding people, at least at the time I learned about MBTI, about 25 years ago.

I didn't know anything about MBTI when I got married. But, for me, a clueless INTP, MBTI has been a great tool for understanding people, something that comes much more easily for INFJ's. Sure, it has limitations, but these are nothing compared to my limitations in understanding people, at least at the time I learned about MBTI, about 25 years ago.

I can definitely relate. I didn't learn about MBTI until I'd had several relationships under my belt already. It has been a wonderful tool for a clueless INTP as myself for getting a better handle on where people are coming from, how they communicate, and what they want. Sure, it's not perfect, but it has definitely given me a leg up when relating to others. That may come naturally for some, but I have to work at it.

Reactions: mintoots
To answer the original question - I believe it is not wise to let go of your expectations. Or at least as wise as taking a random guy from the street and hitting off. Two breakups do tell something.

Personally I think INFJ-INTP match is not a very good one if you're INFJ male. However it seems to be quite common among women here. And some of them do work I presume.

Why is it that you think that INTPs are not good for INFJ males? Are there any specific issues that arise? I'm curious.