INFJ - what job do you do? Are you happy and fulfilled? | Page 23 | INFJ Forum

INFJ - what job do you do? Are you happy and fulfilled?

have-to-feed-them-shareholders-v0-fveycjp476xb1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Asa and aeon
Been dealing with this for over a year now mainly because of some extroverted types not having matured beyond high school regardless of age made the workplace into well high school so for everyone else we have to pick up the slack be it 200-300% workload etc. Tired of American work "culture" that is basically just high school crap or straight up slavery from one employer to the next.

when-you-drive-all-equipment-get-credit-cards-voc-mentions-v0-a05uh2ez2yxb1.jpg

sT4GCV2.png

The UAW agreement erases the years of concession resulting from the cluster that was 2008, when 2 of the Big 3 were on the edge of bankruptcy.

As a result, UAW workers will now be paid what they were paid 20 years ago.

Well Then,
Ian

Looking back over my life, I think it's a mistake to seek happiness, fulfilment and material well-being in a single sphere, such as a job. With hindsight, I got by on the latter while avoiding my work actually wrecking any possibility for the first two. It's better by far to seek happiness and fulfilment elsewhere because these three things only line up in a career for the very fortunate few. But they are possible for the many if we each go for a diverse engagement with life.

This is most important for INFJ types because we can be fulfilled within a heterogeneous lifestyle with many components, and this is our natural way to engage with life.

That's not to say the world isn't filled with exploitative, shite jobs - it is! But that doesn't stop us filling our lives with other things that bring both fulfilment and happiness.

Looking back over my life, I think it's a mistake to seek happiness, fulfilment and material well-being in a single sphere, such as a job. With hindsight, I got by on the latter while avoiding my work actually wrecking any possibility for the first two. It's better by far to seek happiness and fulfilment elsewhere because these three things only line up in a career for the very fortunate few. But they are possible for the many if we each go for a diverse engagement with life.

This is most important for INFJ types because we can be fulfilled within a heterogeneous lifestyle with many components, and this is our natural way to engage with life.

That's not to say the world isn't filled with exploitative, shite jobs - it is! But that doesn't stop us filling our lives with other things that bring both fulfilment and happiness.

Most jobs as they exist are just a waste of life between subsistence wages, toxic culture, overwork, and significant social losses never mind being detrimental across the board health wise. The whole system needs to change and the culture needs to go as it is literally draining whatever life is left in the human experience.

Reactions: John K