Hypothesis for typing infj's on sight | INFJ Forum

Hypothesis for typing infj's on sight

Mar 3, 2014
MBTI
Intp
So i have a hypothesis but my sample of infj's to test it on is small.

Hypothesis: when you see that introverted girl (i've only noticed it in girls, i'm not sure I know any infj males) who has a big smile always right there waiting for any reason to come out. They look to be quietly thinking most of the time but seem to grasp at any excuse to bringg out that massive genuine smile. Does this sound right to you infj's. I'm making pretty broad connections from the 1 infj i know exhibiting this behaviour, and then i've recently spotted a stranger who seems to have the same hidden smile. I connect this with thw fact that infj is one of only 2 personality types with Fe 2nd function.

So. Am I onto something here? Do you giys exhibit this behaviour? Do i need to explain it better?

Hum....and who do you expect to disagree?

Do you think anyone will say....No, the INFJ gurl is the one who has that cramped look on her face which makes it seem she needs to take a massive dump....

Like this??

9f475cb3cdff6ec6f6d2980e5bf920c8.gif

Ohhhh you heard it first Mz [MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION] says you INFJ gurls are equal to the "overly attached girlfriend".....

Hypothesis: when you see that introverted girl (i've only noticed it in girls, i'm not sure I know any infj males) who has a big smile always right there waiting for any reason to come out. They look to be quietly thinking most of the time but seem to grasp at any excuse to bringg out that massive genuine smile. Does this sound right to you infj's. I'm making pretty broad connections from the 1 infj i know exhibiting this behaviour, and then i've recently spotted a stranger who seems to have the same hidden smile. I connect this with thw fact that infj is one of only 2 personality types with Fe 2nd function.

So. Am I onto something here? Do you giys exhibit this behaviour? Do i need to explain it better?

I think maybe if you could explain it a bit better or...or worse...

My hypothesis is really simple. Its all about the eyes. Ne eyes are scatered and they give the impression of naivety and childishness (mostly at ENTPs, but also to INTPs and ENFPs). Ni eyes are exacty the oposite, very focused and they give the impression of a penetrative and intense stare. To INFJs also, the Ni stare has a introspective and contemplating aura, whereas to ENTJs for example, it has a Te nuance, which is very "crazy" or "maniac", as if they are some kind of untamed horses or something.

Ne eyes:
uewb_06_img0389.jpg jung.jpg

Ni eyes:
abraham_lincoln_november_1863.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: dudemanbro

I am sure that there are many INFJ girls that have that genuine, hidden smile you are talking about. And I am also sure that there are just as many that have that F off look on their face too. I think this is a really ineffective way of typing people. Definitely a very broad connection, in my opinion.

10 INFJ girls may share the same MBTI type, but they are all completely different people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh you heard it first Mz [MENTION=10252]say what[/MENTION] says you INFJ gurls are equal to the "overly attached girlfriend".....

It's not overly attached if you need to know where they are every minute of every day....i just want to know how you feel....you love me right?..........*shifty eyes*

but...in all seriousness....MBTI doesn't account for the innate individuality of everyone. I smile all the time...its related more to my immaturity (um....fart jokes!), than my MBTI (at least I think)....however, !Lucy Jr does bring up an interesting point about eyes- because I have heard of the INTP death stare! (and witnessed it) ...so if there's stares associated with MBTIs, maybe smiling is a trait of us INFJs!

ewww scionics voodoo....pleez....using facial characteristics is an asinine way of typing. Personality identification is individual driven understanding...an outsider trying to assign personality is severely handicapped.

I also saw something interesting whilst perusing the web which said that introverted types generally lead with the secondary function, the extraverted one, for the public persona. In this case Fe for the INFJs which would suggest a more "blend in with everybody" type of demeanor as a social default. (in general)

Reactions: the
Here is the Te stare I was talking about.
Margaret Tatcher was a ESTJ, not a ENTJ. ENTJs do have the Te stare, but is a bit more philosophical and soft due to the inferior Ni.
Te eyes have the 'maniac' or 'crazy' eyes, very nervous and alarming. Their eyes give the impression of a highly practical and hard-working and fast person.
margaret_thatcher 2.jpg Mrs-Thatcher-011.jpg Margaret_Thatcher.jpg

ewww scionics voodoo....pleez....using facial characteristics is an asinine way of typing. Personality identification is individual driven understanding...an outsider trying to assign personality is severely handicapped.

I also saw something interesting whilst perusing the web which said that introverted types generally lead with the secondary function, the extraverted one, for the public persona. In this case Fe for the INFJs which would suggest a more "blend in with everybody" type of demeanor as a social default. (in general)

Socionics V.I works with facial behaviour and manners of expressions, not facial physical characteristics.

You guys reply really fast. I would usually address every post, but perhaps I'll stop this.

Nixie you come across as an even bigger cynic than I am. Always some negative critique to offer. I love it :).

"like this?"
It's close to what I was talking about. I've never noticed the eyes to light up like that though. Maybe you are just a bit too comfortable in the safety of your own home. You are very pretty by the way (I don't say that lightly).

I can't say I've noticed the Ne/Ni eyes.

Why should an INFJ girl never love me?

and look at that.. I pretty much addressed all the posts anyway.

Reactions: dudemanbro
My negative criticism is in direct proportion to how illogical or ill conceived I find the OP. :)

I'd love to use the brain of an ENTP for a day. I wonder what Ne Ti feels like. Everything must seem so obvious. probably frustratingly obvious. I wish I could be Ti AND Ne dominant. Superhuman brain.

Yes well, it is obvious you enjoy the idea of an INFJ which isn't bad. One's first love or a really strong crush can leave it's mark on someone. I have a thing for the name David. I wish you luck on finding INFJs but they are notoriously elusive and hard to pin down. Their Fe enables them to blend as they wish in social situations but they do seem to enjoy those who share their concern for the welfare of the world.

Im right there with you op. Any girl who is not smiling and then smiles is a def INFJ. Ive noticed this as well.

Reactions: casie and invisible
Im right there with you op. Any girl who is not smiling and then smiles is a def INFJ. Ive noticed this as well.

if by that you mean the idea of "typing on sight" is complete and utter garbage, i'm right there with you, too.

Reactions: invisible
leave it to an INTP to make an interesting thread.

i enjoy typing people by sight. i do it every day. you'd be surprised at the patterns in appearance.

leave it to an INTP to make an interesting thread.

i enjoy typing people by sight. i do it every day. you'd be surprised at the patterns in appearance.

I was riding home from work one day and got typed as a homeless person when I was sitting on the bench eating. Yes, it's very surprising how far I've let myself go. :D.