Has the world been better off with you in it? | INFJ Forum

Has the world been better off with you in it?

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
You've been an occupant on earth for a number of years now, do you feel those years have been more of a benefit to or a drain on your fellow human beings? Or has your existence made no significant difference at all?

Last edited:
no, i don't think the world is any better with me in it.

Reactions: Jexocuha
then is it worse? or the same? (btw i don't agree with you ;)

i would say the same. perhaps worse, but i think i've made little to any impact in either direction.

i would say the same. perhaps worse, but i think i've made little to any impact in either direction.

ok thanks bb. i kind of feel the same way, though I think to a few certain people i've made a significant difference. i'm guessing the same is true of you, though maybe you're not willing to acknowledge it. (forgive me if i'm wrong).

and with 6 billion people on earth, how much impact could one person have, really?:m075:

You've been an occupant on earth for a number of years now, do you feel those years have been more of a benefit to or a drain on your fellow human beings? Or has your existence made no significant difference at all?

"What doesn't kill you is good for you."

I've been good for us.

Reactions: Jexocuha and acd

I believe because I am still young, I haven't had the chance to contribute anything significant to the human race.
But soon I will.

ok thanks bb. i kind of feel the same way, though I think to a few certain people i've made a significant difference. i'm guessing the same is true of you, though maybe you're not willing to acknowledge it. (forgive me if i'm wrong).

and with 6 billion people on earth, how much impact could one person have, really?:m075:
perhaps you are right. perhaps that is something we will not realize until we leave this earth. But some i would say are influential, some good some bad. just a few examples: Ghandi, Hitler, Billy Graham, Osama bin Laden, Nelson Mandela, George Washington, Winston Churchill. (obviously mixed group)

I have so many grand delusions about how I can change other people's lives, but I doubt I'll ever figure out the logistics or find the courage.

I felt all I could do is help nudge this massive bounder of our time and culture in a right direction, and that is what I have tried to do. Yes, I made a difference...not a huge difference maybe, but I did what I could given the choices I had available. I'm still at it, of course, but like a good INFJ I am not in it to make a name for myself and am quite happy to labor on anonymously.

I've definately made the world a worse place. As a kid I was a bully, as an adult I have worried people sick with my reckless actions. I feel like i'm on the brink, like very soon i'm going to start changing the world for the better. I've done a lot of selfish things in the past but I feel I have the rest of my life to repent and thats what I plan on doing.

My existence has certainly not been beneficial to the environment. I don't know about human beings.

At times, I have made things more difficult for others. At times, I truly believe I have made a positive impact. I don't know what that means overall, except that I never wanted to do any bad at all.

no significant difference - and that's the case with everyone, or almost everyone

in fact, the whole question already applies a lot of infrastructure of thought, which begins to seem incorrect; for even if i were Einstein, and not born, my place was going to be taken by others

on the larger curve of historical events and innovations, the most important quantum leaps happen just following trends and logical progressions, and it's a matter of time to be reached, by anyone

i only wonder, having that in mind, why do we rush so recklessly, usually thrashing too much in our rush; we'll get there inevitably, you know, what's all the fuss about (%

yes

I don't know. I hope I've not made the world worse by being here.

I see my presence in the lives of many people around me, made a difference for them. If the world cares that I exist - I don't personally care :) Plus, I still have many years ahead of me to make the world a better place :) Or at least part of it.

I think that they've neither been a benefit nor a drain. I haven't really made any efforts to make my life worthwhile, so I have definitely failed myself and everybody else in that department because I really do believe that if only I would do more, I could make a huge difference. However, I haven't made any efforts to be a drain either. I've certainly made sure that I don't bother anybody that much. So, I guess that's a plus at least.

I think everybody's existence makes a difference. And it is significant for the people who are close to you. You or they might not acknowledge it, but if there was a chance to see how life would have been different without you in their lives, you would definitely see it.

no significant difference - and that's the case with everyone, or almost everyone

in fact, the whole question already applies a lot of infrastructure of thought, which begins to seem incorrect; for even if i were Einstein, and not born, my place was going to be taken by others

on the larger curve of historical events and innovations, the most important quantum leaps happen just following trends and logical progressions, and it's a matter of time to be reached, by anyone
so there's nothing special about the einsteins or the newtons or the gandhis or the mother teresas of the world? someone else would have eventually done what they had, if they did not? if that's what you're saying, i'm not sure I agree with you. I think part of what they did was due to favorable circumstances, but part was also due to them, to their unique attitudes and choices; another person in their circumstances might not have been so like-minded. that's if the exact same circumstances ever eventuated again (which is unlikely).