Gunmen in Ottawa

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
I hope everyone up there is ok.

In this day and age you expect single mentally unwell people to occasionally lose it. I have to admit though a coordinated attack like this adds another dimension to it. Not a good one at all.

In this day and age people have to get prepared for things like this happening. Just the messed up world we live in. Be safe.

Reactions: Nelah
It seems that there was only one gunman, although it's still a little confusing.

It just takes on asshole with a chip on his shoulder to ruin somebody's life.

Here is the reservist who was shot and killed, Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, a 24 year old with a young son. He was just doing his job.

B0lKZfGCEAQTMyf.jpg

This is the man who apparently stopped the gunman even though he just has a ceremonial position in parliament, Kevin Vickers, sergeant-at-arms of the House of Commons. Luckily he used to be a police officer.

B0kc5qNCQAAO0Jd.jpg:small

The gunman doesn't deserve his name or image shared.

Very sad.

RIP.... Prayers and positive energy for Nathan's family and friends.

A very sad day.

View attachment 22305

image.jpg

This makes me feel sick. World is mad. :(

#reasons to fight political islam.

Solider that was killed is from where I live.

I don't have enough details on this matter to form an opinion and thank God our media isn't as horrific of a clusterfuck as it is down in the USA, so a lot of details are not yet being released while the police do their work.

It's too bad that a soldier had to die. It's too bad that an old dude had to shoot and kill someone.

That said, Ottawa was shut down for a short space of time and otherwise everyone seems to be A-Ok.

What pisses me off about it is when people start throwing around the terms "domestic terrorism." Our country has been pretty good at avoiding all the ridiculous terrorism and fear propaganda so it grinds my gears a bit when they start using such sensationalist terminology before figuring out exactly what's going on, who that individual was, what the motivation was, etc.

I think the whole thing is a bit dramatic when there are murders happening all over the place anyway. There were three stabbings just the other day down the street from my job. There's a lot of crime happening and a lot of cities - especially in Southern Ontario that are falling apart. No one really pays attention to the shit that's hitting the fan all over the place and yet people are starting to throw the word "Terrorism" around because some fucked up dude tried to shoot people in Parliament and was shot down before he could ramp up a body count.

I just think it's VERY over the top considering everything else we have going on in the province/country.

Be careful saying that cities are falling apart because I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to tell you that you're generalizing too much and that mostly good people live there.

This is sarcasm.

Be careful saying that cities are falling apart because I'm sure somebody will be along shortly to tell you that you're generalizing too much and that mostly good people live there.

This is sarcasm.

lol well.. you are probably right about that. I'd just invite them to take a trip down to Niagara Falls or Hamilton to see how things are.

lol well.. you are probably right about that. I'd just invite them to take a trip down to Niagara Falls or Hamilton to see how things are.

Yeah I lived in Detroit and it is kind of offensive to watch your community falling apart and having people tell you it isn't and then oh Jesus the whole city is bankrupt who the fuck saw that coming?

Yeah I lived in Detroit and it is kind of offensive to watch your community falling apart and having people tell you it isn't and then oh Jesus the whole city is bankrupt who the fuck saw that coming?

I know what you mean. The area I lived in for 20 years has steadily been falling apart. I have been cross country since 2006 and was surprised when a friend told me that at the school she taught at (the one I went to as a child) most of the children have parents who are drug dealers and prostitutes and many of them will pass their own parents on the street corner on their way to school. It surprised me until I went down to visit my parents and I saw the state of things. Even in such a short period of time there has been a very steady decline... It's quite sad.

I do think of course there are pockets of "good people," but "good people" do not really stabilize an economy and ensure people have the resources they need to live a quality life without having to turn to crime.

I suppose people prefer turning a blind eye and then shit hits the fan and it's somehow some big surprise.

I know what you mean. The area I lived in for 20 years has steadily been falling apart. I have been cross country since 2006 and was surprised when a friend told me that at the school she taught at (the one I went to as a child) most of the children have parents who are drug dealers and prostitutes and many of them will pass their own parents on the street corner on their way to school. It surprised me until I went down to visit my parents and I saw the state of things. Even in such a short period of time there has been a very steady decline... It's quite sad.

I do think of course there are pockets of "good people," but "good people" do not really stabilize an economy and ensure people have the resources they need to live a quality life without having to turn to crime.

I suppose people prefer turning a blind eye and then shit hits the fan and it's somehow some big surprise.

Yeah and when it gets so bad that even crime can't live there it starts leeching out into neighboring communities. Nobody has anything to rob so you have to move on.