Enneagram Type 3! | INFJ Forum

Enneagram Type 3!

Seraffa

Community Member
Feb 14, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
:cheer2: Hey 3's!!! WHAT WOULD THE WORLD DO WITHOUT US? HUH?
Where are we....and how many are we on here? It's so great to be a 3!!:m124:
Don't you agree?

Oh but did you see those 9's over there? *harummmmmph!!!* lol

It's good that 3s can embrace their narcissistic ways and look fabulous while doing it. Naturally a healthy 3 doesn't need my say so to feel validated about that.

Keep on achieving! The more you guys do, the less I have to!

Question: How does your introversion gel with being an E3?

The "Achiever" - very nice! :)

I might have been a go-getter, but my idling always took over.

It's good that 3s can embrace their narcissistic ways and look fabulous while doing it. Naturally a healthy 3 doesn't need my say so to feel validated about that.

Keep on achieving! The more you guys do, the less I have to!

Question: How does your introversion gel with being an E3?

No wonder your name still says "Lurker" , then. less "work" you have to do naming yourself. lol

You know, I kind of had the instinct 3's were in the minority here after I first joined.....so this was a shout-out to any 3's that were out there.

Show me the readings you found that said "naricissistic"? I'v'e never been labelled narcisistic in my entire life and I've certainly never behaved as such to others on here, much less had to defend myself about being a 3. But it is amazing that in the area of psychology, more and more recognition of what narcissistic personality disorder really is now has a name and a defined pattern of behavior here in America.

---- A: Atouch of politeness from you might actually render the answer, instead of the antagonism.

Show me the readings you found that said "naricissistic"? I'v'e never been labelled narcisistic in my entire life and I've certainly never behaved as such to others on here, much less had to defend myself about being a 3. But it is amazing that in the area of psychology, more and more recognition of what narcissistic personality disorder really is now has a name and a defined pattern of behavior here in America.

Nothing to defend, it was tongue in cheek not a serious suggestion, I'm sorry if you were offended. It really throws me when people take me seriously *ponders* anyway as a E7 and an ENTP I think we take the cake when it comes to people dishing out the narcissistic label :D

I've not met a narcissistic E3 but it is something that is associated with the more unhealthy levels, interestingly enough it also uses the word murder and I'm sure that's not common. *hopes*

Level 6: Want to impress others with their superiority: constantly promoting themselves, making themselves sound better than they really are. Narcissistic, with grandiose, inflated notions about themselves and their talents. Exhibitionistic and seductive, as if saying "Look at me!" Arrogance and contempt for others is a defense against feeling jealous of others and their success.

Level 9: Become vindictive, attempting to ruin others' happiness. Relentless, obsessive about destroying whatever reminds them of their own shortcomings and failures. Psychopathic, murder. Generally corresponds to the Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeThree.asp

:cheer2: Hey 3's!!! WHAT WOULD THE WORLD DO WITHOUT US? HUH?
Where are we....and how many are we on here? It's so great to be a 3!!:m124:
Don't you agree?

LOL.

E3 or not, I find the playful self-promotion refreshing.

Nothing to defend, it was tongue in cheek not a serious suggestion, I'm sorry if you were offended. It really throws me when people take me seriously *ponders* anyway as a E7 and an ENTP I think we take the cake when it comes to people dishing out the narcissistic label

I've not met a narcissistic E3 but it is something that is associated with the more unhealthy levels, interestingly enough it also uses the word murder and I'm sure that's not common. *hopes*

E3 ENTP.

Here's a nice little case study.

When I was a youngling, I didn't have many friends in school. I would talk your ear off with random little factoids like "did you know that an ant can carry 50 times its own body weight?" (I loved those little scholastic pamphlet things). I was also an inquisitive little brat that HAD to know everything... which annoyed my teachers too. I was outspoken, stubborn, ADHD, and 6 years old... I had no clue I was annoying you. What's more? No one had the heart to tell me to shut the fuck up. Instead, they ignored me. But I liked to sing, and I was good at it. People would stop and listen to me sing. Its also important to note because I was ADD it took really long time to finish class work. Oh and the internal frustration wasn't enough, nope the other kids had to rag on me for it. Naturally, I'd start yelling or crying. Which got me in trouble. I pretty much leaned people liked me when I was good at something. Otherwise no one really gave a damn.

Few Lessons I learned.
Everything that can be labeled, can be hated.
Haters gonna hate.
Do not argue with a troll — it means that they win.
---------

The only acceptable emotion is happiness.
Emotions were a weakness.

I have been labled as pompous, elitist, heartless, etc... So what, emotion has no place in this world. So long as i'm better at ___ than everybody else, I'll get ahead. That's what I told myself.
Narcissism, is a defense. It validates the self by invalidating others.

And here's the thing... people made it really easy for me.
Can I join your lab group?
-No.
Why not?
-Because you're too smart.
*internal dialogue* Well, if that's the case, then wouldn't I be doing you a favor by being in your group? If you're too stupid to realize that, then its your loss.

I was fucking conceited up until the 8th grade... then I started watching anime. And everyone knows what happens to kids that watch anime. They become little quirk monsters.

Anyway. I've spent too much time talking here.
If anyone wants to talk, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Last edited:
I think a lot of this has gotten out of control.

[MENTION=3722]Seraffa[/MENTION], I believe [MENTION=37]Lurker[/MENTION] was quoting from the Enneagram Institute site, the main website for Enneagram, when she mentioned narcissistic characteristics of E3. I don't think she was personally saying you were; she was quoting the site. The description for an Average 3 (at Level 6) is not kind at all. But neither are the descriptions for Average Levels for 1,2,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 (link here: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/TypeThree.asp, near the end of the page).

What we *all* need to realize is that:

1. The Enneagram is not a perfect science, any more than MBTI is.
2. Each Enneagram, no matter what it is, has both positives AND negatives, and sometimes the negatives aren't so nice (and neither are the positives).
3. Although this is an INFJ website not everyone here is an INFJ, so please remember to respect different ways of processing information. Stating facts from a website is not trolling; calling a person an idiot is.
4. It can be extremely difficult to tell tone via the internet. Sometimes people are just stating facts, and sometimes they're trying to get peoples' goat in a sly way. If anyone's not sure which it is, it's better to question the individual by saying, "what do you mean by that" rather than assume something else was meant.

Anyway. Please play nice, y'all, and talk directly to a mod or admin who is a current staff member (red for admins, green or purple for mods) if you have current issues.

Now, back to topic.

I personally have no problems with Enneagram 3s. I don't know any personally, but there's probably good ones and bad ones, same as everyone else.