Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Good in the near future but bad after a while

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filled to the brim with horrors

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Not sure / neutral

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
Not at all unfortunately. Environmental destruction and global warming are completely wrecking the planet. Politics has become extreme. The cost of living has gone way up to the point where life is a severe financial struggle for most people. We are probably about to go through another major economic recession. The mass shootings keep happening (in the USA). A pandemic just killed a massive number of people.

Sorry to be a doomer, but that is what I see happening.

Yellowstone National Park sighs

grand-prismatic.jpg

Two perspectives:
  1. yes, because the muzzle flash from my automatic shall light my way forward. :p
  2. yes, because I shall bathe the earth in 5500°K xenon plasma fire for retinal burn. :)
Cheers,
Ian

Two perspectives:
  1. yes, because the muzzle flash from my automatic shall light my way forward. :p
  2. yes, because I shall bathe the earth in 5500°K xenon plasma fire for retinal burn. :)
Cheers,
Ian

The retina was a subject we studied years ago.

If asked to describe the present in either positive or negative terms, I would likely say "through action and/or inaction, this is the result of the collective will". And humanity's future will be that as well.

Based on the current trajectory and that human disposition to choose the convenient option, weeellll.....

On another note, I was once captured by a future when I had long been dead and the world had rotted away into oblivion. And the conviction I had in that reality coming to pass was so great I allowed it consume all my existence.
How do you determine what's positive for a species? What propagates its life?

Two perspectives:
Cheers,
Ian

55 million degrees Celcius sustained, we have an ion get-together. Bring the beer.
It's a MAD world. We used to take beer out.

Reactions: aeon
Arkhangelsk and Severstal were decommissioned in 2006 and 2004 respectively and are placed on reserve. TK 12 and TK 13 were decommissioned and scrapped.

With assistance from the US, through the cooperative threat reduction programme, TK 202 had its nuclear fuel removed by US-funded processing facilities and converted into forms suitable for long-term storage or reuse. The UK agreed to take part in the dismantling of Russia’s decommissioned nuclear submarines. copied

What has happened?

Bad in the near future for sure. If man can get thru that, there maybe hope. Libs in control, China, Russia, North Korea...all part of the equation.

Global warming... the earth's atmosphere has been changing for about 6 billion years. The last ice age was was 15 to 20,000 years ago and we've been warming up since. Some scientists say were still going through one, lasting about 200,000 years so far, with warm spells... an interglacial period. Ever sit back and wonder how much money is being made over this? Solar farms are making money hand over fist. Follow one from permit to present day. How many times has the owner's name changed? Cha CHING. Heat pumps, mini splits, .... CHA CHING.

Bad in the near future for sure. If man can get thru that, there maybe hope. Libs in control, China, Russia, North Korea...all part of the equation.

Global warming... the earth's atmosphere has been changing for about 6 billion years. The last ice age was was 15 to 20,000 years ago and we've been warming up since. Some scientists say were still going through one, lasting about 200,000 years so far, with warm spells... an interglacial period. Ever sit back and wonder how much money is being made over this? Solar farms are making money hand over fist. Follow one from permit to present day. How many times has the owner's name changed? Cha CHING. Heat pumps, mini splits, .... CHA CHING.
This closely feels like a Trump rally brother.

Reactions: aeon and Wyote
This closely feels like a Trump rally brother.
Nope. I deal in reality. I research and make my own decisions. I don't follow nor am I a member of any political party. I vote for what makes sense, no on everything else. I don't let the media make decisions for me. Look what has happened to this country in the last 2+ years. The Wuhan Flu isn't totally to blame.

I believe in the United States Constitution, one of the reasons why our government still exits. I suggest people read it. Research the history of it and the Founding Fathers. One of the things they did not want was political parties. What we are going through today is the reason why. The result.....we're slowly becoming a 3rd world country.

Ok so describe me the, or your understanding of, concept of solar farms, as a start.

Ok so describe me the, or your understanding of, concept of solar farms, as a start.
Why? Are you bored? Need entertaining?

Here in VT solar farms are usually put on agricultural land because it's open and flat. There is a proposed one nearby that is over 100 acres. The company gets a permit from the state, bypassing town zoning. They then usually sell it. The next company puts in the solar panels. Then sells it. Money made every step of the way. Energy credits, carbon tax credits, reduced real estate taxes, state and federal subsidies..... money made hand over fist.

Some are put in played out quarries and gravel pits. Same deal.

The libs wanted it, they got it, now some are complaining about the size of them and of the fact they are ugly.

Reactions: just me and aeon
honestly i feel like we try to fathom the unfathomable because truly and honestly were scared of not knowing what comes next... people are how people do. the only change between people back then to people now and people in the future is efficiency. We come up with new solutions to lengthen our stay in this world, and we try to maximize our time with tools in order to feel like we've done something in our short lives. May I ask a question? Why do people ever think about giving up their freedom to tyrannical rulers? simple answer. efficiency. Its easier to live your life going off by other's instructions, 'cuz its so much work to think for yourself. Another thing i would like to add something for all people who think like some of us who are in this forum, we are the people who sit back and question civilization in order to not fear what can come for its actions... we hold ourselves up knowing that we are living our lives unlike the majority of society, or at least that's how i feel about it all.Now if you just SMASH that subscribe button and POUND on that notification button down below in order to see more of my content, and itll help my channel out to.