Do You Wash Your Hands After Bathroom | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Do You Wash Your Hands After Bathroom

Do you wash your hands after using the bathroom?

• Total voters
Neurosis and being susceptible to brainwashing is worse than being reasonably clean. I'm being serious in that you should really think about your obsessive need to follow and spread judgment. Being so deathly afraid of what people think is not healthy.

Reactions: Free
why is this even a question lol

So we know which users are typing on a dirty keyboard? So we know which users are more likely to get pink eye?

I do a good scrub before and after every patient, before donning gloves, after using the bathroom and sometimes even before. It's no wonder my hands sometimes look raw or like dried husks. I'm only compulsive about it at work, though, and just out of necessity. At home I wash up after the bathroom and before cooking or working with foods that will be eaten by others. Otherwise, meh. I'm one of those people that prefer my nephew to get dirty and get exposed to germs to build up his immune system. What over-sanitizing can due to an immune system, imo, is just as bad as not sanitizing at all. Our bodies need to build resistance and the natural flora we all have needs balance.

Reactions: hush
I do a good scrub before and after every patient, before donning gloves, after using the bathroom and sometimes even before. It's no wonder my hands sometimes look raw or like dried husks. I'm only compulsive about it at work, though, and just out of necessity. At home I wash up after the bathroom and before cooking or working with foods that will be eaten by others. Otherwise, meh. I'm one of those people that prefer my nephew to get dirty and get exposed to germs to build up his immune system. What over-sanitizing can due to an immune system, imo, is just as bad as not sanitizing at all. Our bodies need to build resistance and the natural flora we all have needs balance.

I get all my bacteria from dirt and playing with worms lol.

But seriously, the reason I wash up is less for the bacteria and more to avoid spreading around any waste particles.

I get all my bacteria from dirt and playing with worms lol.

But seriously, the reason I wash up is less for the bacteria and more to avoid spreading around any waste particles.

Same on both counts, lol. I don't want to spread anything either, but I think it's important for kids to get covered in filth and then washed of it on a daily basis. :p

Reactions: hush
I was also in the healthcare and daycare field, so I was trained not to spread infection.

Anyone who voted anything other than Always gets their hands removed....

I wash my hands, even after going #1. In that instance, its more about washing my hands after touching the flush button and bathroom door than anything else.

... for this reason alone.

WAKE UP, PEOPLE!

Ever go into a pub where they have free nuts on the bar or somewhere there is a free buffet? How many people have had their hands in that bowl of nuts? How many of them do you think washed their hands after going toilet? How many different peoples pee have you been eating?

When visiting, ever walk into the bathroom after a lot of visitors and see nice, folded towels hanging untouched?

Ever go into a pub where they have free nuts on the bar or somewhere there is a free buffet? How many people have had their hands in that bowl of nuts? How many of them do you think washed their hands after going toilet? How many different peoples pee have you been eating?

Yeah, when I worked in bars I remember hearing that there was a study or something about what ends up in it and it was just like everything you could imagine - menstrual blood, semen, cocaine... These days most pubs do little self-contained servings if they do nuts.

Neurosis and being susceptible to brainwashing is worse than being reasonably clean. I'm being serious in that you should really think about your obsessive need to follow and spread judgment. Being so deathly afraid of what people think is not healthy.

I know you're just saying that because you can't be bothered washing your hands.

u r dirty

I wash my hands every time, except if I'm on a long highway and pee behind a tree. How this is dirty defies reason, so I'll have to do the reasoning for you:

1. Petrol/gas station bathrooms are the most filthy places on the planet. I don't want flecks of shit, and drying urine on the bottom of my shoes from highway restrooms transferring to my car's carpet.
2. I am not a messy pee-er. I don't get any of it on myself, and urine is sterile in any case.
3. Penises are not inside-out vaginas; they are not damp mucous membrane lined pockets of bacterial storage; they are covered in normal skin, and only produce moisture in a stream, out of a small opening at the end. Going #1 is no more bacterially significant than touching one's own wrist.

I wash my hands every time, except if I'm on a long highway and pee behind a tree. How this is dirty defies reason, so I'll have to do the reasoning for you:

1. Petrol/gas station bathrooms are the most filthy places on the planet. I don't want flecks of shit, and drying urine on the bottom of my shoes from highway restrooms transferring to my car's carpet.
2. I am not a messy pee-er. I don't get any of it on myself, and urine is sterile in any case.
3. Penises are not inside-out vaginas; they are not damp mucous membrane lined pockets of bacterial storage; they are covered in normal skin, and only produce moisture in a stream, out of a small opening at the end. Going #1 is no more bacterially significant than touching one's own wrist.

Actually I find your comments about penises and vaginas a bit strange and inaccurate, but I will leave that out of this discussion. But I was really just kidding you about being dirty. No intention to actually troll you, just kidding around. Sorry.

Hiding in their caves ashamed that their hands smell like feet.

As a person who washes their hands, I wouldn't know what unwashed hands smell like. But it sounds as though you have personal experience of this. You don't really wash your hands, do you? You probably thought you could avoid being found out and shamed, but you didn't realise that I'm a super sleuth. Shame on you sprinkles.

Actually I find your comments about penises and vaginas a bit strange and inaccurate, but I will leave that out of this discussion. But I was really just kidding you about being dirty. No intention to actually troll you, just kidding around. Sorry.

Good grief. I'm more piqued by irrational germ phobia than anything else. [MENTION=5511]ruji[/MENTION] already called it.

There is a legitimate and rational reason to wash hands after going to the bathroom, but it is principally about three things:
1. Not catching something from someone else (viruses, microorganisms, or intestinal worms).
2. Not transferring microorganisms from a part of the body where their presence is benign, to where it may not be (ie. Not getting lower digestive tract bacteria into the upper digestive tract).
3. Not intensifying existing parasitic invasions. (If one should unknowingly have an intestinal worm, you don't want to ingest any of the eggs and get cysts from them).

I freaked out about germs when my son was an infant. Hand sanitizer everywhere and I sterilized everything. Then he started crawling and putting his hands and everything in his mouth and I was like meh, he will build up his immunity, then, I guess. It was a losing battle anyway once he became mobile.

Last edited:
I wash, but don't use soap with no 1. I touch stuff everyday that has way more germs on it than my penis. If you think you need to spent the suggested two minutes washing with hot water and soap, just after a pee, you really should be doing the same for every handshake, every time you touch a surface that hasn't just been cleaned, every time you pet an animal or play with your child.