Can we PLEASE talk about Racism? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Can we PLEASE talk about Racism?

[MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION]

And yeah, if somehow my words effect your health I dont know what to say about that. I can say that I do not feel responsible at all for that.

Its funny because I would like my words to affect people into thinking about things they may not have, I dont want it to make them sick though.... unless its sick with understanding. :) Kind of a joke.

@Skarekrow

And yeah, if somehow my words effect your health I dont know what to say about that. I can say that I do not feel responsible at all for that.

Its funny because I would like my words to affect people into thinking about things they may not have, I dont want it to make them sick though.... unless its sick with understanding. :) Kind of a joke.

No…I didn’t mean you personally.
It’s me…not just this…but all the negativity that I allow into my life…just need to take a step back and focus on my health and healing right now.

No…I didn’t mean you personally.
It’s me…not just this…but all the negativity that I allow into my life…just need to take a step back and focus on my health and healing right now.
Ok. I know what you mean.
I think I have progressed in a way that allows me to ingest negativity ( because lets be serious, the world is full of it) and not be affected by it most of the time. For the amount I am not able to do this, I generally spit it out through bad mouthing someone who I think deserves it. You'll notice I have a fairly short list. My version of a mental punching bag. :)

Ok. I know what you mean.
I think I have progressed in a way that allows me to ingest negativity ( because lets be serious, the world is full of it) and not be affected by it most of the time. For the amount I am not able to do this, I generally spit it out through bad mouthing someone who I think deserves it. You'll notice I have a fairly short list. My version of a mental punching bag. :)

I do the same thing…and normally it wouldn’t effect me so…I mean, I used to have some of the most stressful occupations you can have...but I have noticed that while I am trying to heal, these things are making themselves known in negative physical ways.
Just need to take some time to focus on what my body is telling me.
Thanks for understanding.

I would like to put this into words.
The idea that anyone would be treated differently for something as unimaginably simple as the way they look is beyond me. I am glad that other people do not look like me. If the world were full of people that looked like me I probably would have off'd myself in my early years.
It also annoys me on a level hard to describe that because I am white, it is assumed that I think I have more of a right to be on this earth than people who are not. When "minorities" start pointing out their problems, a finger turns my direction because I am white. This annoyance I can assure you is having exactly the opposite effect than those people want.

Reactions: Kgal
Thank you [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] I think it's touching that people outside our race are seeing the injustices that are directed towards us everyday!

I live in the South, and the city I moved in is country. I moved to get help from family.
How about just yesterday, I was checking out my groceries and this random creepy guy, the same random creepy guy that also stalked my mom and watched her check-out, came out of nowhere and watched me check-out my groceries until one of his buddies who also worked there came over!
Afterwards another employee saw me packing up my already-paid-for groceries and circled me asking me if I found anything ok?
I responded by giving him a fuck-you smile and resumed back to packing up.

How ridiculous is it that I have been involuntarily chaperoned to shop because of the color of my skin?
By physical appearance it would seem that I wouldn't hurt a fly, I wasn't acting suspicious and everything I picked up I also paid for!
But because the color of my skin, I was already deemed suspicious and a candidate for crime.

Ain't thatta bitch?

The idea that anyone would be treated differently for something as unimaginably simple as the way they look is beyond me. I am glad that other people do not look like me. If the world were full of people that looked like me I probably would have off'd myself in my early years.
It also annoys me on a level hard to describe that because I am white, it is assumed that I think I have more of a right to be on this earth than people who are not. When "minorities" start pointing out their problems, a finger turns my direction because I am white. This annoyance I can assure you is having exactly the opposite effect than those people want.

Babe, I understand what you're saying completely, but you have to understand that minorities look at the history of their people and your people, our ancestors vs. your ancestors is the reason why we (well some of us) always have an eyebrow lifted up and that's it! Adding on the relationship we have with the police during today the past years doesn't make it any easier. We feel we must use a survival instinct to get through society!

Let's be honest: America was built on white supremacy and the slandering of brown people(s).

America is still struggling with this issue today because of that history. Don't take it personal.

Babe, I understand what you're saying completely, but you have to understand that minorities look at the history of their people and your people, our ancestors vs. your ancestors is the reason why we (well some of us) always have an eyebrow lifted up and that's it! Adding on the relationship we have with the police during today the past years doesn't make it any easier. We feel we must use a survival instinct to get through society!

Let's be honest: America was built on white supremacy and the slandering of brown people(s).

America is still struggling with this issue today because of that history. Don't take it personal.

I dont fully agree with America having been built on white supremacy. If you look at the history of mankind, the world has been built on slavery one way or the other. Civilized society needs to say enough is enough and it needs to stop it now and for all time. The idea slavery is or was only about one color needs to stop as well though. Through our worlds history, slavery has effected every race. Slavery is rampant in the world today and color and race isnt a factor in it. People need to stop telling me how we need to focus on one races past wrongs alone.

As for the police? I am right in what I have said. Racism is a form of mental instability and its mental instability on all counts that needs to be addressed to keep people from ever being able to hold that type of job.

Last edited:
Well…normally when people point the finger at others it is not justified.
However, there are occasions when it is beyond their own control, such as the example of [MENTION=6623]INFJok[/MENTION] below.
Not saying that all people in this country or around the world for that matter are racist or have racist views…but I am also not under the impression that discrimination and racist people don’t exist.
It’s all perspective man…you DO look like all the other white people to people who can’t see past that…but I agree with you that you and I have done nothing to deserve the finger pointed at us. There are people however, who have made this finger-pointing very easy to do…on both sides of the issue.
The one thing that you and I can do to stop this thought process is to speak out when we see or hear someone being a racist fuck.
Nothing will change on any issue we care about if everyone is apathetic to negative and outdated values.

Thank you @Skarekrow I think it's touching that people outside our race are seeing the injustices that are directed towards us everyday!

I live in the South, and the city I moved in is country. I moved to get help from family.
How about just yesterday, I was checking out my groceries and this random creepy guy, the same random creepy guy that also stalked my mom and watched her check-out, came out of nowhere and watched me check-out my groceries until one of his buddies who also worked there came over!
Afterwards another employee saw me packing up my already-paid-for groceries and circled me asking me if I found anything ok?

How ridiculous is it that I have been involuntarily chaperoned to shop because of the color of my skin?
By physical appearance it would seem that I wouldn't hurt a fly, I wasn't acting suspicious and everything I picked up I also paid for!
But because the color of my skin, I was already deemed suspicious and a candidate for crime.

Ain't thatta bitch?

I’m really sorry.
I get the evil eye every time I go into the Russian store here…but they don’t follow me around…I can’t imagine.
I can’t apologize for all the other white folks out there because just as any other race that exists…we are not all the same.
Certain people still to this day can’t see past something so minor to see who the real person is.
This country has worked hard to disenfranchise the minority vote and eventually IMO, that, along with the police treating them like second-class citizens, our “justice” system jailing minorities over whites at a much higher rate, (even though statistically in NY for example, whites were more likely to have guns and drugs - http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...likely-to-have-guns-or-drugs-than-minorities/) will turn around and bite them in the ass one day.
I seriously wonder which side of history we will land on is beyond me.
I’m just trying to have the conversation that everyone seems to ignore or pretend doesn’t need to be had.
Thanks for your two cents!!

Thank you [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] I think it's touching that people outside our race are seeing the injustices that are directed towards us everyday!

Ain't thatta bitch?

Hey. I think [MENTION=5045]Skarekrow[/MENTION] is right in that its all a matter of perspective. I did want to point out one thing in relation to this post though.
I currently work in retail and would like to put a pencil in my eye because of it. Beyond that though.... we are told to engage the customer and ask them things like, did you find everything you were looking for. Can I help you find anything? Etc... its demanded of us. I hate it because when I go into a store I want to be left alone. If Im not, if people come up to me and engage me as I am told to do when working, I will find another store where I can be left alone.
I cant say if you were being engaged because of your appearance but maybe not.

30 People arrested for Food Stamp fraud.
Guess how many were black?

It’s a common stereotype that food stamp recipients, and those who abuse it, are black, Hispanic, or any other race but white.
According to the USDA in their report for fiscal year 2013, 40% of recipients are white and 26% are black.

While the media and America’s culture will have you believe that black people (or anyone who isn’t white) account for copious amounts of fraud, there’s a story breaking that you won’t hear on Fox “News” anytime soon (or you might, because any chance to crush the SNAP program, they will take).

According to WCAX News in New York: More than 30 people have been nabbed for food stamp fraud in the North Country.

Investigators say over the past couple month’s people used their food stamps to get food or alcohol at the Old Time Butcher Block store in Brushton.
Police also say it’s not the first time the owner of that store, Dennis Sauve, has been charged with allowing such fraud.
Police say more arrests are expected.

Now here’s the kicker: they’re all white.
Brushton, New York, where this bust happened, has a population of roughly 480 people.

Approximately 99.83% of the population is white, and 0.42% are black.
These demographics are eerily similar to the food stamp capital of the country, Owsley Country, Kentucky, which is 99.22% white and 95% Republican.

Maybe we should investigate them.

I just wish we could get the political affiliations of those arrested in Brushton.
According to WPTZ News:

Police say the arrests are the result of a year-long investigation, initiated by the Franklin County Department of Social Services Fraud Unit. Franklin County District Attorney’s Office, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance helped with the investigation.

The store owner, Denis Sauve (also white), has been charged with third-degree grand larceny and misuse of food stamps.
This really isn’t a racial issue so much as it is an, “I told you so,” issue.

While the food stamp program has one of the lowest rates of abuse than any other welfare program, a lot of people buy into this misconception that it is the “lazy blacks” who account for all the fraud and woes of government assistance.

Well, here we are, a major food stamp “bust” and every criminal involved is white.

It might be time to rethink today’ stereotypes.

30 People arrested for Food Stamp fraud.
Guess how many were black?

It’s a common stereotype that food stamp recipients, and those who abuse it, are black, Hispanic, or any other race but white.
According to the USDA in their report for fiscal year 2013, 40% of recipients are white and 26% are black.

While the media and America’s culture will have you believe that black people (or anyone who isn’t white) account for copious amounts of fraud, there’s a story breaking that you won’t hear on Fox “News” anytime soon (or you might, because any chance to crush the SNAP program, they will take).

According to WCAX News in New York: More than 30 people have been nabbed for food stamp fraud in the North Country.

Investigators say over the past couple month’s people used their food stamps to get food or alcohol at the Old Time Butcher Block store in Brushton.
Police also say it’s not the first time the owner of that store, Dennis Sauve, has been charged with allowing such fraud.
Police say more arrests are expected.

Now here’s the kicker: they’re all white.
Brushton, New York, where this bust happened, has a population of roughly 480 people.

Approximately 99.83% of the population is white, and 0.42% are black.
These demographics are eerily similar to the food stamp capital of the country, Owsley Country, Kentucky, which is 99.22% white and 95% Republican.

Maybe we should investigate them.

I just wish we could get the political affiliations of those arrested in Brushton.
According to WPTZ News:

Police say the arrests are the result of a year-long investigation, initiated by the Franklin County Department of Social Services Fraud Unit. Franklin County District Attorney’s Office, the United States Department of Agriculture, and the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance helped with the investigation.

The store owner, Denis Sauve (also white), has been charged with third-degree grand larceny and misuse of food stamps.
This really isn’t a racial issue so much as it is an, “I told you so,” issue.

While the food stamp program has one of the lowest rates of abuse than any other welfare program, a lot of people buy into this misconception that it is the “lazy blacks” who account for all the fraud and woes of government assistance.

Well, here we are, a major food stamp “bust” and every criminal involved is white.

It might be time to rethink today’ stereotypes.

I dont understand what you are trying to say here. 30 people out of how many people on food stamps? What does this have to do with anything?

I dont understand what you are trying to say here. 30 people out of how many people on food stamps? What does this have to do with anything?

I think it's because I mentioned the grocery store! Who wants to go shopping?

Did you read the article man?

The conservative right likes to say that it is the blacks and the hispanics that are the “takers” in this country…this just isn’t true statistically.
It’s a pack of lies, that’s my point.

I wonder if this experiment would be nearly the same in the US?

When a man asks people to translate a hate message he's received, their response is unforgettable.

[video=youtube;qNX1256eVw8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qNX1256eVw8[/video]​

A redneck 'ex-racist' tells his perspective on this country. He's advocating for White Racial Responsibility.

[video=youtube;JGJt0JXX05M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGJt0JXX05M&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Did you read the article man?

The conservative right likes to say that it is the blacks and the hispanics that are the “takers” in this country…this just isn’t true statistically.
It’s a pack of lies, that’s my point.

I have NEVER heard that. Illegal aliens taken what isnt theirs but the idea any Republican has been qouted saying what you indicate is pretty hard to believe.

I have NEVER heard that. Illegal aliens taken what isnt theirs but the idea any Republican has been qouted saying what you indicate is pretty hard to believe.
They don’t have to come right out and say it…it’s inferred by the way they are treated…actions speak louder than words.
However…let me again refer you to this video where they DO come right out and say it…and this is on national TV…so what is said behind closed doors do you think?

[video=youtube;ZINbdls7EjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZINbdls7EjQ[/video]