Adjectives for the Biden Administration today | Page 24 | INFJ Forum

Adjectives for the Biden Administration today

I only wish we had someone we can trust to vote for. It doesn't always work out that way. I did not vote. Should someone step up I could try and trust, I'll vote again. My vote yesterday was "none of the above".

It is a tactic for both parties to try and defraud the opposition. One shouldn't have to step all over one's opponent to win. I'm glad some of those type commercials will hibernate awhile. Bravo!

Today, pusillanimous.

Biden calling on Congress to force a tentative agreement so as to prevent a rail strike.

It shows that Republican or Democrat, it’s all about sucking off corporate, and business-as-usual at all costs.

I hope Congress refuses him.

Who stands for labor any longer?

Working people do, and they see you, Joe. They see you being a pussy.

:rolleyes:
Ian

Reactions: just me and Reason
Kick-ass and somewhat disappointing

I'm very happy with Bidens October 7th semiconductor restrictions the administration put in place. I'm hoping to see more progress in AI warfare development as outlined in the 2020 defense report on ai outlined.

I am not so happy with his passing of the loan forgiveness, but it looks like the courts are blocking that for now so it might not be a concern.

I am super pissed about him dipping into our reserve oil. He is extending inflation by doing this, undoing what the federal reserve is trying to accomplish by raising rates.

I really liked the $1 trillion infrastructure bill last year, even though it did add to the debt that actually gives us an economic upper hand and a chance of implementing things like electric cars and preventing power outages as weather continues to worsen.

I'm kind of mixed about the administration. There are things I like and things I don't like.

Reactions: aeon
Today, pusillanimous.

Biden calling on Congress to force a tentative agreement so as to prevent a rail strike.

It shows that Republican or Democrat, it’s all about sucking off corporate, and business-as-usual at all costs.

I hope Congress refuses him.

Who stands for labor any longer?

Working people do, and they see you, Joe. They see you being a pussy.

:rolleyes:
Ian
How bad do you want the recession to get? Are you bowling for a great depression in the name of freedom?

How bad do you want the recession to get? Are you bowling for a great depression in the name of freedom?

No, I’m asking for something to be taken seriously. It’s been the can kicked down the road and then run over for 50 years at this point, so if not now, when?

Crush labor long enough and you guarantee the recession and depression because workers will have zero purchasing power, if they have a job at all.

Biden’s position is one of coercion. I place a high value on agency and autonomy, which is to say, liberty.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: slant
No, I’m asking for something to be taken seriously. It’s been the can kicked down the road and then run over for 50 years at this point, so if not now, when?

Crush labor long enough and you guarantee the recession and depression because workers will have zero purchasing power, if they have a job at all.

Biden’s position is one of coercion. I place a high value on agency and autonomy, which is to say, liberty.

Cheers,
Ian
I don't fault the workers for protesting, that's their right, but it reminds me of the events which spurred fdr to implement Executive Order 8802. Essentially he understood the consequences for the polarized county at that time if a large march did take place and he met the demands of civil right leaders. I think that is the job of a president, to try to think about what's best for the country. If the protests will cause further economic damage to an already limp economy, why wouldn't he try to find a compromise? If the economy gets bad enough it won't matter what unions win for their side. Business that go bankrupt don't honor union agreements.

"Biden hailed the contract deal that includes a 24% compounded wage increase over a five-year period from 2020 through 2024 and five annual $1,000 lump-sum payments."

That sounds like progress to me. I'm just curious- if Biden does need to make a deal to both help the workers and keep the economy functioning, what deal would you rather him make?

Edit: interestingly enough it looks like Marco Rubio is on your side on this one

Rubio says he won’t vote for deal to stop rail strike without worker support
Zachary Halaschak - 4h ago
|
{this.tipPromotionInArticleVisible!==e&&(this.tipPromotionInArticleVisible=e,this.reRenderExperience())}" style="--direction:ltr;">
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) announced on Tuesday that he won’t support legislation to prevent an economically calamitous rail strike if it isn’t supported by the union workers.

Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fl.,speaks during a campaign rally with Florida Republican Governor Ron DeSantis, Monday, Nov. 7, 2022, in Hialeah, Fla.© Provided by Washington Examiner
The Florida lawmaker's statement, marking an unusual pro-labor position for a Republican, comes as workers at several rail unions have voted to reject an agreement reached between labor leaders and the railroads. A strike, which would be terrible for the economy, could begin as soon as next week unless Congress uses its special power to intervene and impose a labor agreement.

Last edited:
I think that is the job of a president, to try to think about what's best for the country.

Agreed, but best for the moment, for the rest of his term, or for a time that will exceed his presidency going forward?

I’ve been aware of what began in 1971 since 1973, even if my understanding then was that of a child. I know deep recessions destroy families—I saw that with the parents of my friends in the early ’80s. That said, a more insidious destruction has been going on the whole time—and that is more a failure than recessions measured in quarters.

If the protests will cause further economic damage to an already limp economy, why wouldn't he try to find a compromise?

Limp by what measure? Ah, yes, by measure of the wealth and investor class, playing an infinite-growth game on a finite planet.

I’ve lived through eight recessions in my life. My perspective informs my consideration in this regard.

Business that go bankrupt don't honor union agreements.

Indeed, so allow the workers to own the means of production. :)

I'm just curious- if Biden does need to make a deal to both help the workers and keep the economy functioning, what deal would you rather him make?

Edit: interestingly enough it looks like Marco Rubio is on your side on this one

There’s my answer—a deal supported by the union workers.

Through the years, I’ve agreed with Senator Rubio from time to time. I guess this is another one of those times. There’s Republican orthodoxy, and then there are epigenetic memories of a nation where there is recognized and celebrated strength in both labor, and the national union of one’s comrades.

Cheers,
Ian

Reactions: slant
F4aiHtIWwAA3Y3F

F4aoe4FbkAEDd_n

• Haha
Reactions: just me and aeon
They know it's the Republicans' turn. I was told it was the Democrats' turn years ago.

Biden: "Name me a single objective we've ever set out to accomplish that we've failed on.

No balanced budget.
No fix social security. Hazy look for future social security. What is he going to do, if anything?
Too many people out of work.
Financial situation.
Raised minimum wage, while many more small businesses close down.
Playing with school debts like a kitten with a small ball of yarn.

I forgot about this thread.

I guess the current regime in the US seems to be wearing a shit eating grin right now. They abandoned equipment in Afghanistan, and gave billions to Iran. Now they get to sail to the eastern Mediterranean and supply a ton of equipment to Israel. The manufacturers of rockets and other military equipment must be sitting by the phone, giggling about how much they're going to ask in payment, and what percentage of that they're going to commit to donating during the coming election.

• Haha
Sitting off the coast can't be a nice way to enjoy the day.

All we must do is try to keep some kind of sane balance before we all end up fighting. Do you blame America's mistakes on Hamas going crazy? They spend their money for military and use innocent people as propaganda fodder. They could provide for the Palestinians a lot better, but they use them. Time for Hamas to go is here now. One would think the Palestinians would see through the green headbands and fighting. The media takes its toll on what and how people around the world think.

If that helps this to escalate, do you honestly think our nation would be happier, or even just those in the regime. Every leader of some kind has to face the public when the public has had too much, and they know this. People can be so gullible, or maybe don't want to get involved. We all hold a portion of the blame.

Reactions: philostam and aeon
Let me add the cost of like everything going up we must have, want, or need. Where's my old cursor?

Our costs of living have skyrocketed. Stocks and such are down. Social security thinks a 3% raise will do, but that is another insult.

Been anywhere lately, like grocery shopping or the dentist on fixed incomes? Everybody knows!

Let me add the cost of like everything going up we must have, want, or need. Where's my old cursor?

Our costs of living have skyrocketed. Stocks and such are down. Social security thinks a 3% raise will do, but that is another insult.

Been anywhere lately, like grocery shopping or the dentist on fixed incomes? Everybody knows!
First, in 1971 we ended the gold standard.

Since that time we have been printing money (qualitative easing if you want the economist term). That printing went into hyperdrive during COVID. Total supply went from ~4 trillion USD to ~20 trillion USD.

Of course inflation occurred. The dollar is now worth much less.

Cheers,
Ian

After what I have learned, good deal and about time today.

It is time.

Reactions: aeon and philostam
I had a dream where I was a hero for facilitating a green hydrogen production and distribution plant in my state.
...was a sex dream ;)