You haven't lived until . . . | INFJ Forum

You haven't lived until . . .

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
The way this works is to start with the phrase "You haven't lived until . . ." and post things you think everyone should have the chance to do or experience.

So, you haven't lived until you've had fried fish and bammy while sipping soda on the white sandy beaches by the coastal waters of the islands surrounded by the Caribbean Sea.

4198784820_2cf72b41c7_z.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chennette/4198784820/

Last edited:
Well, here's something that really excites me lately: I've gotten into this habit where I set up a portable digital recorder in my office at night and then play music loudly over my speakers while the recorder sits about 10 feet away in the corner. When I come in the next day, all the music has been recorded but it has this interesting "roomy" quality because, well, it's not recording the music itself but recording the sound of the music being played into a big square room from 10 feet away.

Then I go back and listen to it all and even though my speakers are a mere 18 inches from my ears, it feels like I'm sitting in the middle of a room due to the natural reverb which is now present in the recording. It feels like I'm in a room listening to music in a room. I wonder if I can keep re-recording it until I feel like I'm inside of a room, that's inside of a room, that's inside of a room, that's inside of a room where music is being played.

Anyway, you've not lived until you've experienced this kind of sonic mind fuckery.

And not that this will really do my post justice, but here's a recording of what I'm talking about: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmp7i5g9s6nan7o

The way this works is to start with the phrase "You haven't lived until . . ." and post things you think everyone should have the chance to do or experience.

So, you haven't lived until you've had fried fish and bammy while sipping soda on the white sandy beaches by the coastal waters of the islands surrounded by the Caribbean Sea.

Tell me, what makes one instance of "life living" more affirming than another?

You haven't lived until you have spent adequate time with a little child so as to see the world once more from this perspective.

Reactions: middle1