the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836#.UCxAS6DgzqJ

A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

Explains a lot about the police.

Thinkers don't follow orders as well.

Especially orders that go against basic (modern) human principles like 'pepper spray the people sitting down hurting no-one'.

Reactions: Kgal
Thinkers don't follow orders as well.

Especially orders that go against basic (modern) human principles like 'pepper spray the people sitting down hurting no-one'.

I agree. Feelers are more suited to being controlled by The Man.

I agree. Feelers are more suited to being controlled by The Man.

Pfft! I didn't mean it in a this forum kind of way.

It's not about thinking logically and doing science projects with real answers. The ability to question is what I meant by 'thinking'.

If anything I'd think that a Feeler (in this forum kind of way) would notice the humiliation and degradation of even a mild run in with the AUTHORITAHHS and not be so quick to mention financial implications or how efficient the system is. It would be the human concern that would cause most of the questioning of orders and protocol.

A thinker maybe came up with that nice soundbite "innocent until proven guilty" but a feeler would...uh...like to maybe see it in action once in a while.

Pfft! I didn't mean it in a this forum kind of way.

It's not about thinking logically and doing science projects with real answers. The ability to question is what I meant by 'thinking'.

If anything I'd think that a Feeler (in this forum kind of way) would notice the humiliation and degradation of even a mild run in with the AUTHORITAHHS and not be so quick to mention financial implications or how efficient the system is. It would be the human concern that would cause most of the questioning of orders and protocol.

A thinker maybe came up with that nice soundbite "innocent until proven guilty" but a feeler would...uh...like to maybe see it in action once in a while.

Thats true, thinkers are all assholes.

I have yet to meet a cop that wasn't a stereotypical bully and asshole who uses their badge more like a bludgeon than anything. I got arrested a week ago actually (not booked) because officer shit-for-brains decided he smelled weed on me. Frisked me at noon on main street in my town, grabbed my dick through my shorts, cuffed me and put me in his squad car then searched me truck. He found my bowl (no weed) let me go, and wrote me a 400 dollar ticket for paraphernalia and no seat belt. Luckily he didnt mirandize me, so when I contest the ticket they cant do shit about the fact that this cock-breath broke the law with an unlawful search.

I think all the people who think we need to piss test welfare recipients etc are morons, we should be piss testing weekly our police and giving them annual mental exams and some test that tests for ethics, because I do not know a SINGLE good cop.

I think all the people who think we need to piss test welfare recipients etc are morons, we should be piss testing weekly our police and giving them annual mental exams and some test that tests for ethics, because I do not know a SINGLE good cop.

Yep thats a fact. I dont see why we should punish the kids of parents that buy drugs with welfare.

Yep thats a fact. I dont see why we should punish the kids of parents that buy drugs with welfare.
People strung out on drugs shouldnt be viewed as criminals, they need help, they need a doctor. Not prison. Not to mention the whole "I dont feel comfortable with giving the government MORE power in my life, just so I can feel like a smug asshole." thing. For christs sake, what kind of precident are we setting with that? Oh, you want tax funded government help? Make sure you dont do drugs because you can be declined for it! What a ridiculous idea. How much harder would it be to say that if you want unemployment benefits you have to be piss tested and drug free too? I mean afterall, the average asshole worker has to take piss tests for their job, and I will be DAMNED! Before I let someone enjoy a joint of cannabis when I cannot!

I think all the people who think we need to piss test welfare recipients etc are morons, we should be piss testing weekly our police and making them drink it, because I do not know a SINGLE good cop.

I agree!

[MENTION=731]UBERROGO[/MENTION]

[video=youtube;H7_pX_raPHs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7_pX_raPHs[/video]

;P

[video=youtube;WiX7GTelTPM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiX7GTelTPM[/video]

some people are afraid of questions, I see.

Or perhaps they are all too aware.

They just want cops that are too stupid to ask questions about the bullshit laws the uphold, and who just seek to enforce it because "its the law!"

It's creepily twisted, but from their side I can't say they are...unreasonable. Can peace be upheld if those who are supposed to hold it questions the law instead?

Not that it justifies anything. D:

It's creepily twisted, but from their side I can't say they are...unreasonable. Can peace be upheld if those who are supposed to hold it questions the law instead?

Not that it justifies anything. D:

What is peace then? And is peace worth being constantly watched and harassed for trivial things? (driving without a seat-belt, smoking weed, making out in a car at the park after dark) This isn't peace, its a form of mild slavery. And most cops are immoral, they do the things they arrest other people for, and they love it! That is the mark of an unintelligent person. I think having high IQ cops would be a good thing, for starters they can bust up the real crime in town with logical deductions instead of ignoring it and arresting innocent motorists just trying to get to work. But thats exactly it, the police station makes MONEY from arresting people who can and will pay. IE the law abiding citizens. Police isnt about peace, its about control and money.

Reactions: Kgal
I would have high doubts that the guy was rejected for the mere fact of having an high IQ. If jobs are competitive in his town, more than likely he didn't know anyone within the police force to help him get his foot in the door.

Most jobs are all about who you know ... not what you know.

Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
I would have high doubts that the guy was rejected for the mere fact of having an high IQ. If jobs are competitive in his town, more than likely he didn't know anyone within the police force to help him get his foot in the door.

Most jobs are all about who you know ... not what you know.

Did you read the article? they said straight up hes too smart and theyre afraid that he will get bored and move on in a few years after they trained him... LOLwhat? instead hes been a prison guard for 19 years.

Did you read the article? they said straight up hes too smart and theyre afraid that he will get bored and move on in a few years after they trained him... LOLwhat? instead hes been a prison guard for 19 years.

noted