Would you trade your in depth future thinking to live in blissful ignorance? | INFJ Forum

Would you trade your in depth future thinking to live in blissful ignorance?

Would you trade your N or a S?

• Yes

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • not on your life!

Votes: 24 85.7%

• Total voters

smiffy

Community Member
Jul 20, 2009
MBTI
XXXX
Hello as a N type I spend a great time thinking about the future and the path of mankind, as a result I think I spend too much time worrying and not enough time just living in the moment. I was wondering how many people would trade to become a life in the moment sensing type?

ok before any of you kill me, its meant to say not on your life!

Last edited:
Hello as a N type I spend a great time thinking about the future and the path of mankind, as a result I think I spend too much time worrying and not enough time just living in the moment. I was wondering how many people would trade to become a life in the moment sensing type?

mmm can we choose both? If not, no, I don't want to change my N over anything in the world. I love deep conversations and the wonderful places that my imagination takes me.

The idea of just having that blissful ignorance is a tempting one...but when you think of the repercussions of being an S...No thank you.

Yes.

ah Yield! what are we going to do with you! its like the matrix blue pill, red pill option

To be honest I could swing either way!but the N won out! just have to find more similarly minded people, hence my what do you do to be social thread!

I don't know where to even begin countering these posts.

I too worry about the future rather the moment(Overly so). Would I trade my N? No. I consider myself as counter balance in society, a contempt variation. Now that being said I focus where I'm going in the future while being conscience with the present

I love the fact that being an S is considered a bad thing.

seriously I would rather trader my race or gender but not the way I think. It would make me a complete stranger to myself :/

I wouldn't really trade my N. But I would like to see what it's like to not give a shit and actually be happy once in a while.

I wouldn't trade it at all. I like to make sure everyone's happy, and be aware of everything around me.

Now, I voted on this before I realized it was an "S" vs "N" debate. I answered this question: "Would you trade your in depth future thinking to live in blissful ignorance?", and to me that doesn't have anything to do with being a Sensor or an Intuitive. I've seen plenty of head-in-the-clouds, pollyannish intuitives and some really down to earth, let's-get-it-done-now-because-you-don't-know-what's-happening-later Sensors.

I'm repeating myself again: There is *nothing* wrong with being a Sensor. Be who you are, period.

Yeah I know. We just like to make fun.

You guys do realize that you can develop sensing?

Frankly, being a sensor tends to mean you are more of a realist and more in touch with the present moment.

I would actually be a horrible sensor since I'm so prone to addiction. My intuition is the only thing that saves me.

My Extroverted sensing gets abit of a work out.

Your question is worded in a way that tips the favor to one side. Pretty much no one is going to say they'd rather be "ignorant."

Would I trade in my foresight and habit of living in my own head preoccupied with the future and other more abstract thoughts, or would I prefer to live in the now and focus on and enjoy everything and everyone that is around me in this precise moment?

How about a balance of both! I think I miss a lot of what's going on around me, the beauty and profundity of it because I'm too busy thinking and theorizing--to the point where I'm habitually walking into walls and other people.

I own to making haphazzard assumptions and having not much concrete experience to convince even myself.

I'd like to practice and hone my Se skillz.

Last edited:
S ≠ ignorance. Intelligence is not limited to type -- you could be just as troubled as an S.

I would like to be more blissful, but I don't think a change in type will do a whole lot to facilitate that.

I would be an ISFP if I was an S type, though :)

Good point, GO. A change in type won't necessarily make one's life more blissful. Do the best with what you use innately, develop it. We all learn lessons, just in different ways. We don't need to be functioning any specific way in order to be happy so long as we're being honest with ourselves.

I want my cake and to eat it too. What good is having cake if you can't eat it?

So no, I wouldn't trade my Ni, but it is a pain sometimes.