Would Anyone Like to Read an Intro. Philosophy Book with Me? | INFJ Forum

Would Anyone Like to Read an Intro. Philosophy Book with Me?

logan235711

Community Member
Oct 6, 2008
MBTI
INxJ
Enneagram
1w9 sosxsp
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading an introductory philosophy book with me? It would be an overview of a particular field or category, such as epistemology, metaphysics, Greek philosophers, ethics, etc. We can meet a few times a week on Skype or such and have fun talking about & exploring the reading together.

Please send me a message if you're interested.

Thanks!
Logan

Reactions: Bird
Which area are you interested in learning more about?

I would like it more if you would post a different page each time and we could discuss it in the forum, since reading a whole book will take too much time that i do not have on my hands at the moment. Just my suggestion :)

Maybe we could discuss a different concept each time. Such as what is existentialism and what said philosopher had to say about it.

I would like to, yes.

I would like it more if you would post a different page each time and we could discuss it in the forum, since reading a whole book will take too much time that i do not have on my hands at the moment. Just my suggestion :)

Yeah, I think that would be easier. It's tough to keep up if it's book or even a chapter. Maybe a small passage or a few pages.

Maybe we could discuss a different concept each time. Such as what is existentialism and what said philosopher had to say about it.

Yeah, maybe post some questions to think about as we read the passage so we'd all be on the same page.

Well I'm interested in reading a book, so will be doing that. However, you can do this method with others if it works for you : )

As for more details on the book, I expect the reading to divided by chapters or sections (if the chapter is particularly long), then discussion will pertain to that. My personal reading speed will try to be at a chapter/section(s) a day, but our group speed may be different as we determine the pace of the group.

In any case, we have to determine the book before any of this matters. After I get a feel for who's interested I sent out some messages and we'll pick out a book : )

Thanks!

P.S. You can also post which area you're interested in learning about!

Which area are you interested in learning more about?

Well I'm going to to do a double major including Philosophy, so any of it really. I do not have any background knowledge in it.

Morals and ethics are a little boring for me because I don't have any. However, I am interested in debating them. So I am interested in learning the philosophy of morals and ethics in order to counterclaim more effectively.

Otherwise I have a genuine interest in learning about epistemology, metaphysics, and philosophy of the mind. Logic is fascinating as well.

Ok then i am planning on starting a thread to discuss concepts, which i will start in about 3 weeks, since there are elections where i live at and i'm really into it, so after it i will probably make a starting thread about existentialism or something :)