Workplace Dating | INFJ Forum

Workplace Dating

Nixie

Resurrected
Aug 23, 2010
Oregon
MBTI
ENTP
What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Have you ever dated someone you work with? How did it turn out?

Good Idea, unless he is a stalker.

What do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Have you ever dated someone you work with? How did it turn out?
i never did it. how the hell do you get away from the person when it goes for a shit? you still have to see them everyday. no thanks

oh i so super want to say a few things, but i'm just going to go into the kitchen and fill my coffee cup and stfu :p

I'm so curious as to what you want to say now, lol.

I'm so curious as to what you want to say now, lol.
oooh i love it when i get called on it!
i was going to make a scathing reference to dating oneself. need i elaborate? grinz

umm, never happened but would be kinda awkward, dontcha think . . . *not sure*

I dated someone I worked with and we actually worked a 12 hour shift. When it went to hell...yes it was awkward. Uh...him fooling around and causing the entire plant to be evacuted because he was flirting with me.....priceless. These days, I avoid it like the plague. It is too much drama and I despise having everybody know my business anyway. So, I did it, but wouldn't recommend it.

Reactions: Gaze
If you have a rich love life then why would you complicate it. But if you have a hard time connecting with potential suitors and you meet someone you like who likes you at work, then why would you deny yourself?

My sister does this a lot. She works in fast food. It has always been a recipe for disaster. I dated someone I worked with, but he was a dishwasher, and barely spoke at work, so it wasn't a problem. :D

Reactions: Nixie
I think it is a bad idea because I feel that laws are slanted toward women (as they should be as laws should protect the weak) and men are in a vulnerable position when interacting with women in the workplace as is. One bad date and its sexual harrassment city.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Probably not prudent, if you care about the job.

If you have a rich love life then why would you complicate it. But if you have a hard time connecting with potential suitors and you meet someone you like who likes you at work, then why would you deny yourself?

Good point.

I fell in love at first sight with a coworker. Resisted it for a very long time.
Then one day my world shifted and I said some stuff and he said some stuff and we ended up together a year later. It lasted for 19 years.
I don't regret it at all.

Reactions: Nixie
Same. I wouldn't change the experience anything.

The emotions kind of died out, I think for both us, and they were just principles left I suppose.

EDIT: Never Forgotten

I have dated two gals I've worked with. Nothing serious came of it. I am still friends with both of them. We did not share our dating relationships with other people we work with and there is no drama or bad blood between us. We had a lot of fun going out it's just that our lives were heading in different directions. I've had coworkers I'm not interested in try to date me; that creates some drama but with a little wit and grace I can usually redirect them. Only once have I had to threaten to report one such coworker to get her to back off. After a few months we could actually talk again. I'm very careful about who I date.

Reactions: Gaze
No, though I've crushed. I wouldn't do it. It would be too awkward.

I have strict rules about not dating coworkers. That said, my (now ex) husband started working for the same company I do a few years into our marriage, as it's an amazing place to be employed. A few years later he became involved with someone we both worked with. Yes, I know. Awkward. We divorced, and still work together. Strangely, I have forgiven him, but am really glad that she then sought employment elsewhere. It was a trying time, but I challenged myself to rise above it, and I did. In the end, I'm glad to have been given the growth opportunity. Things happen for a reason.

So, I can't say I would really recommend it, though I'm still working with my ex-husband and we have a very respectful and professional relationship in the workplace.