Women Who Battle

Ryo

Community Member
Jul 7, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
@K-gal for the inspiration :)

I'm having a Xena Warrior Princess revival and trying to find ways to incorporate battle into my career plans. I'm wondering: Any Xena fans out there? If so, who on the show do you relate to and what do you love about it?

Also, I'm looking for other shows/books/movies along the same lines. Any suggestions?

Hi~
I've been in warrior mode for the past 2 months @ work. This past week has been the most dramatic EVER --everything finally came to a head, but at least things look promising. Anytime I need an inspiring warrior to draw upon, one always shows up. Lately, I've been thinking about my dad a lot, who passed. When I was a kid, he used to tell me battle stories as bedtime stories --no patience for fairy tales! LOL! He had a little figurine of a Polish Hussar (he was Polish) and would tell me how they made up one of the strongest cavalries in history and how their horses had wings for battle (caught my attention right away), and so on. So I'd been researching the Polish Hussars and they were serious badasses who had A) the coolest uniforms ever, B) used really cool weapons like war hammers and sabers and C) were undefeated for over 100 years. They defeated some of the most feared armies and in one battle, annihilated an army of Swedes and Russians even tough they were outnumbered 10 to 1. I have a picture of a Hussar on my desktop at work and look at it when I need to mentally 'put on my armor' in order to deal with a few of my coworkers.

Polish_winged_hussar_by_TBenda_.jpg

Reactions: Sriracha and the