[PUG] Women Are Stupid

894tt3h9

On Holiday
Oct 3, 2009
MBTI
Beep Boop
Enneagram
Beep Boop
Today I went on facebook and a friend of mine had posted in his status "Women Are Stupid."

It was interesting to see all the women rushing on there and calling him a loser, or coming up with their own statements like "women are stupid, but men are assholes." Some of the replies are as follows:

"that is not nice not all women the same could be said for men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"We're crazy not stupid"

"Yes women are stupid. The majority are like Eve. Stupid manipulative bitches. Nothing has changed."

"Men are egotistical, compensatory narcissists... point proven."

"Women may be stupid but men are shit... :p"

" lol. This is awesome. I love seeing the comments coming out of the woodwork defending women and then turning around and insulting men. Women are so quick to call men stupid, assholes, sexist, pigs, etc and yet when a guy turns around and calls women stupid it's like the greatest sin on earth has been committed, like women are owed something just for being women." (posted by me)

And my PERSONAL favourite: "sandra is stupid"

All of these are posted by women. Most women either agree that they're stupid, but men are something MUCH worse (shit, assholes) or say they're not stupid, just crazy. Then they blame men for their craziness. To me this is stupidity at it's finest. Women degrading themselves and giving into an obvious social experiment by becoming personally offended by it, and then attacking their own gender with their own labels (crazy, manipulative, bitches), then turning around and attacking men, and THEN personally attacking each other.

What does this say about women in general? Why are we so quick to be offended and point fingers instead of looking at ourselves and behaviour and wondering why someone might be saying that about us?

What do all of you think of this? The second I read that status and saw that there were 31 replies I already knew what I was going to see before I even expanded them. Are women really stupid? Or is the whole world just gone crazy?

Reactions: Blind Bandit
Nah, people that generalize generally haven't thought their generalizations out.

The whole damn world is crazy... We either try and find those who are the same type of crazy in nature or hide it vehemently and say they're "normal"... IMO crazy is the new normal.

Will elaborate more after exam (ETA 5 hoursish)

Reactions: 894tt3h9
I don't think women, as a population group in the Western culture, are stupid. I think they are just as quick to find fault as men. Generations ago women were encouraged to not think - nor say what was on their minds. I think this is rebound, the pendulum swinging the max in the other direction, for your generation.

On the other hand, I think THOSE women who wrote those replies are...

Reactions: invisible
Stupidity isn't congruent with any specific gender or race. Any one and every one is susceptible.

Generalizations are easy to make sometimes, but are often quite inaccurate. Obviously not all women are stupid, and obviously not all men are pigs.

However, I would say the fact that those particular women who were so quick to get defensive states that they probably have something to defend. This has just been my experience. :p

Last edited:
Nah, people that generalize generally haven't thought their generalizations out.

I find this short snippet of snarkiness short-sighted and sans sensitivity.

Reactions: Nixie
I find this short snippet of snarkiness short-sighted and sans sensitivity.
I find your altogether use of alliteration an example of all-too-expected verbal altercation from an almost average being of alien intelligence.

What do all of you think of this?

Most generalizations are stupid - as are the people who make them.

However, I highly encourage this behavior as it acts as a systemic social elimination process whereby dumbasses provide fast and critical data that allows me to conclude they are not worth my time. That is to say, I like it when people make absurd generalizations (like the ones you mentioned in your OP) because I can disregard those people immediately and with certainty rather than find out they're retarded months down the road after tedious analysis and investment of time. Believe me, there are little (if any) redeeming qualities in a personality that synthesizes thoughts like: "Women are crazy as hell bro! lol!!" and "men are shitty egotists!! Wish I wuz gay!"...and actually believe they are making sense.

Last edited:
Who knows, maybe its because of all the reviving ophelia silliness that is purveyed throughout western culture.

Those women are stupid.

I, a woman, am awesome!

The suffragettes went through hell in the early 20th century just fighting for our right to vote. Women have worked hard and long for basic rights and for our generation to come along and just completely regress and degrade ourselves. Painting us as stupid overly emotional sluts and embracing that stereotype. There is nothing I hate more than a woman who acts like a bimbo.

So if women are stupid and men are stupider (plus pieces of crap) then I guess, by that theory, the whole world is a big pile of stupid!

I am so sick of people thinking that being a strong woman = hating and disrespecting men.
Men and women should have equal respect for each other. End of story.

And yes the whole world has gone crazy or perhaps it always was.

All of these are posted by women. Most women either agree that they're stupid, but men are something MUCH worse (shit, assholes) or say they're not stupid, just crazy. Then they blame men for their craziness. To me this is stupidity at it's finest. Women degrading themselves and giving into an obvious social experiment by becoming personally offended by it, and then attacking their own gender with their own labels (crazy, manipulative, bitches), then turning around and attacking men, and THEN personally attacking each other.

What does this say about women in general? Why are we so quick to be offended and point fingers instead of looking at ourselves and behaviour and wondering why someone might be saying that about us?

What do all of you think of this? The second I read that status and saw that there were 31 replies I already knew what I was going to see before I even expanded them. Are women really stupid? Or is the whole world just gone crazy?

Aw, that's bad. :(

As per why, though...victim mentality mixed with political correctness as barrier? Women haven't been receiving the best of treatments, at least in the eyes of most people, and unconsciously there was a barrier of...lots of things about feminism (the activist, the old times, THE HORROR OH GOD THE HORROR) and when someone trespassed the barrier even with some trollpost like that.... people are very quick to response as if leaving it alone would mean agreeing to those chauvinist pigs and returning to the ages when female is just a living flower vase and/or baby machine.

In a simple way of looking, a similar example would be saying to a gay community "gays are stupid". Or saying "Race X are stupid."

OF COURSE every member of the group must join in the bashing, right? Never mind the fact that the bashing might be questionable for some people, and the fact that it's just like what the offender did to them from the first place.

Nothing unusual, just human ego working at its usual pace.

Reactions: Kgal
I find your altogether use of alliteration an example of all-too-expected verbal altercation from an almost average being of alien intelligence.

Your vehement deameanor demonstrates a villiany most detestful to all but the most venomously vile!

*praises the oprah generation*

Reactions: Nixie
Yeah, this is pretty much how I see it, however....

I don't know to what degree neurology can attest for the difference in reaction between women and men - the latter which I imagine would not, for the most part,react in such an emotionally expressive way, if only because they've been taught against it - which is not to say their less visible or seemingly less petty reactions would be any more productive or healthy. However, I also think this is largely cultural and I think the media has a ton to do with it, which most of our generation both welcome into their lives and is unwillingly bombarded by. I also see it as an expression of collective insecurity - I think there is a ton of gender oppression still present within our society these days and while I think it goes both ways, it's more of an ongoing struggle for women. I also think the gender oppression we experience (all people) is much more inconspicuous and at times beguiled in our day and age - layered in between or disguised as messages of empowerment and freedom. But it's there. And the nature of this backlash is an expression of that - of one side that's still very much entangled in a struggle to prove itself. If it were secure, it probably wouldn't need to.

The world is one majorly entangled mess. Stupidity doesn't discriminate. However, whether someone is stupid or not depends on who's doing the viewing.

Last edited:
Your friends sound lame. That's what I think.

Are you really asking this question in earnest?
Could you possibly believe that women, or at least the majority of women are stupid because thirty one people post ridiculous responses to a ridiculous post? Do you think you are stupid? Do you think that the face book status update and the comments are indicative of your intelligence as an individual?

I don't think one sex is more intelligent than another as a whole. There may be differences, but they don't appear to make one superior in intelligence.
Why don't you try and find some valid research to justify otherwise though.
That'd be funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: bamf and 894tt3h9
I don't think people should generalise so much. Yeah, there are plenty of stupid women. But there are also just as many stupid men.

Gender doesn't really matter to me.

One's opinion often is more indicative to the nature of oneself than the topic being classified.

Reactions: acd
Some people are stupid. Some people are smart. Most people are in-between. This is true of both men and women. Those who generalize by disparaging indiscriminately either sex are either stupid and/or extremely limited in experience.

hehe that's kind of funny actually, like throwing meat towards a pack of hungry wolves, they're so eager to take a bite :p

anyway, it doesn't really say anything about the intelligence of the women there (and i'm quite certain you couldn't extrapolate and make a generalized statement about ALL women, given the extreme small, unvaried sample group who bothered to reply), but it might indicate something about their sensitivities to personal criticism. you could *perhaps* say that those women are more likely than their male counterparts to be more sensitive and reply in defensiveness to such a statement, but it would be little more than a guess unless you did more research (like posting a similar message targeting men's intelligence and seeing how they respond, etc.)

also, putting it into context, only recently have women's rights become a prominent issue in society, and so the response of these women might reflect a general cultural trend in society which riles against the idea of male superiority, a transition which such an overt message clearly attempts to subvert. in other words, the aggression of these women might seem disproportionate to the actual message, but makes more sense when you look at it in terms of feminism gaining prominence in the broader community.

or something like that :/

Last edited:
To call your opposite gender stupid is to call your fellow human stupid, hence making you also stupid.
To debate is to share and expose each others ignorance. From my observation, many women like to belittle themselves. Even if doesn't make sense, they feel as if they will always be smaller and that they have to fight and win a battle that shouldn't and doesn't exist in today's world. Its a white elephant.