Woman insulted for exercising while pregnant. | INFJ Forum

Woman insulted for exercising while pregnant.

Bird

Happy Go Lucky
Jul 11, 2010
MBTI
-
Enneagram
-
Wow. The stigma people place on exercising while
one is pregnant is disgusting. I honestly cannot
imagine myself not exercising if I were pregnant.
It's so important for health especially when you
have labour to consider!

I cannot believe how cruel some women have been
to this woman.

Wow. The stigma people place on exercising while
one is pregnant is disgusting. I honestly cannot
imagine myself not exercising if I were pregnant.
It's so important for health especially when you
have labour to consider!

I cannot believe how cruel some women have been
to this woman.

Yes, I agree, and Did you notice this quote from the article?

The ironic thing was that the other woman was smoking a cigarette as she pushed her own child along.

Poor baby. ): With the amount of hormones involved in pregnancy and childbirth, I'm a little surprised the other woman simply ran away.

You know honestly most of the women who spout these words are jealous that women who care for themselves will look great after having a baby. There is the thought that those women put the rest of post-pregnant women to shame, especially the ones who don't care/try to get rid of the weight.

Yes, I agree, and Did you notice this quote from the article?

Poor baby. ): With the amount of hormones involved in pregnancy and childbirth, I'm a little surprised the other woman simply ran away.

I did. I found the hypocrisy incredibly amusing. Not only is
the woman smoking harming her offspring she is also harming
the other woman's unborn child as well as the woman.

You know honestly most of the women who spout these words are jealous that women who care for themselves will look great after having a baby. There is the thought that those women put the rest of post-pregnant women to shame, especially the ones who don't care/try to get rid of the weight.

I did not look at it in this light. The thought that other
women are envious and are displacing their insecurities
onto others who not only care, but make an effort to be
at their bests does seem likely. Perhaps this really
reflects women's body image issues more than anything.

Tying in with the fact that the other woman was smoking
I certainly do not think it had to do anything with health.

People putting others down to downplay their own wrongdoings. Sad, but not new. :m119:

Pretty cowardly of people who yell derogatory statements at people as they are running away.

I think I agree this is more about womens body issues.

From what I have seen, a lot of women see being pregnant as a time they are "allowed" to be pigs/fat and it doesn't matter if they gain weight (ironic since they then bitch about all the weight they have to lose after they have the baby....go figure) since they are gonna look huge no matter what.

This woman who is out and still trying to keep herself healthy with regular exercise (which any doctor in his right mind will tell you is a good thing, sure some exercises might have to be toned down a bit to compensate for pregnancy changes, but by no means do you have to STOP exercising ever if it is a normal pregnancy), is probably making all those other women feel guilty for not doing the same thing they have been making excuses NOT to do ever since they got knocked up, because now they are just "too tired" and "oh, the round ligament pain is too much...". I can tell you the extra tiredness and the ligament pain is a very real thing, but you feel EVEN WORSE if you sit on your ass all day! :p

I know some women have to go through higher risk pregnancies where it isn't an option as they are ordered bed rest, but this is not the case for every pregnancy. Pretty sure the general rule has always been, do what your body is comfortable with doing. If she was in decent shape before becoming pregnant there is no reason she can't continue working out as normal if it isn't effecting her in a negative way.

Being pregnant doesn't mean you are handicapped ladies!!

Bitches be jelly.

Also, ETA it is nearly always women condemning other women for their choices when pregnancy and children are concerned (as if it were their business to begin with). It's one of the most annoying stupid things, but it seems like when you are pregnant and it becomes visibly obvious, it suddenly becomes EVERYONE elses business what you are doing with your body! Everyone has suggestions and has to give their opinion whether you want it or not! OMG don't eat that, I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that it isn't good for the baby!!!!

And breastfeeding in public is even worse, I got grossed out looks from women for breastfeeding M (WITH A COVER, even) when he was a newbie and I just grinned at them. Fuck em. If they want to give their kids formula because they didn't want to be bothered with breastfeeding (yes I realize some can't for health/personal reasons also) or hide in a room or a car whenever they have to breastfeed their hungry child so no one sees them ever, they can do that. Me, I would rather go about my life like a normal human being who just happens to also have a baby, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bird and Peppermint
God, I swear if some lady opens her mouth in that indignant way as if she thinks she knows better I will honestly and truthfully say with my best possible shit eating grin "Oh...are you a doctor? You must be, since you know so much about what women need to be doing/not doing when they are pregnant."

LOL this made me mad. -_-

Reactions: the and Nixie
Not that I plan on every being pregnant but I always thought it was creepy to see strangers come up and touch a pregnant woman's belly. Eww. God knows if I had had kids, I would have been scuffling with people who tried that crap with me.

I didn't read the article, but I rolled my eyes because the topic sentence of this says it all.

Like [MENTION=3240]Jill Hives[/MENTION] said, being pregnant does not mean you're handicapped. In our not so recent past, women have done a lot more vigorous and intensive physical labor while pregnant than taking a light jog around the block. Walking long distances, plowing the fields, chasing around six, seven, eight other young children. Pregnant women were and still are a lot hardier than most people seem to think nowadays. Being heckled for doing light to moderate exercise is fucking ridiculous.