Woman Faces Jail Time for Having Been Gang Raped | INFJ Forum

Woman Faces Jail Time for Having Been Gang Raped

Despite whatever other matters will inevitably be raised. One thing is certain: utter ridiculous and simply as unjust as it gets.

It makes one realise that there are serious considerations to keep in mind when travelling abroad, in regards to nations whose laws are ludicrous.

Despite whatever other matters will inevitably be raised. One thing is certain: utter ridiculous and simply as unjust as it gets.

It makes one realise that there are serious considerations to keep in mind when travelling abroad, in regards to nations whose laws are ludicrous.
The particular situation of that young woman makes it hard to respect the local laws from the outset: I think an extraction team should be sent in, the rights of the local police be damned.

The bigger picture beggars the question, whether the existence of such laws anywhere in the world should be tolerated.

It makes one realise that there are serious considerations to keep in mind when travelling abroad,
Getting raped in America won't get you much better treatment, especially if your rapists have promising futures ahead of them.

Yes it is a fucked up situation, but until we actively work to change our own countries for the better we have no right to be throwing stones.

Getting raped in America won't get you much better treatment, especially if your rapists have promising futures ahead of them.

Yes it is a fucked up situation, but until we actively work to change our own countries for the better we have no right to be throwing stones.
It's funny, the saying of "not throwing stones" is originally a rebuttal of those wishing to condemn a woman in an analogous situation.

Instead of sitting on one's hands, a firm 'no' is probably going to help, rather than letting her rot in jail, while we pathetically ponder our own politics.

It's funny, the saying of "not throwing stones" is originally a rebuttal of those wishing to condemn a woman in an analogous situation.

Instead of sitting on one's hands, a firm 'no' is probably going to help, rather than letting her rot in jail, while we pathetically ponder our own politics.
Hence my use of that phrase. It has layers of meaning.

I don't fully understand what you are trying to say in your second paragraph so I don't exactly know how to respond...

And if she cannot afford the lawyers fee, she will go to debtors jail.

I will add this to my list of reasons why UAE is a horrible place.

We should respect other cultures though.