Why this lawsuit is important | INFJ Forum

Why this lawsuit is important

GracieRuth

Permanent Fixture
Aug 19, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Jaycee Dugard is suing the US for gross negligence in the supervision of parolee rapist Phillip Garrido. The slipshod handling of Garrido's probabion was so bad as to be criminally complicit in the kidnapping and enslavement of Jaycee and her children.

There are really very few things the federal government is responsible for, but public safety is at the top of the list. This lawsuit sends a signal to Washington D.C. that we actually DO expect them to keep us safe and that sloppy work is not going to cut it.

Reactions: Deathjam
This should be very interesting. And I think if anyone has a case for neglect, she does. But I'm not sure suing the US Gov't is the right person to sue. I think the police department in her hometown should be sued first, since they are the law who repeatedly came to her stepfather's home and never investigated the home long enough to detect any inconsistencies or questionable behavior or conditions.

I can sit here and speculate; however, since this case is so interesting to begin with ... it will only reveal more details. Brain food.