Why The Light May Not Win | INFJ Forum

Why The Light May Not Win

serenesam

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
MBTI
INTJ
Everything in existence is a complicated matter. I believe that there is a battle between the Light and the Dark both literally and metaphorically. There is the battle that is almost like "Star Wars" with the First Galactic War which led to the establishment of the Galactic Federation to prevent evil domination. Then there is the battle of the self conflicted between that which is Light/Good and that which is Dark/Evil (like your inner demons). I believe there are three paradigms to viewing the Universe. I will be discussing why the Light may not win in each of the paradigms. The first paradigm is to view the Universe as Light only. The second paradigm is to view the Universe as both Light and Dark. The third paradigm is to view the Universe as Dark only.

Why the Light May Not Win Within the Context of the First Paradigm (Light Only)

1). Evil does not have to win. Many people tend to get caught up on a good versus evil mentality. It is simply more complex than that. Evil does not have to go on the offensive. The very fact that evil exist, still exist, and continue to exist means that not all is good and light. In order for Light to win, Light must take the initiative and convert all that is into Light.

2). All it takes is for one soul out of the countless souls in the Universe to be dark. Even if virtually all the souls of various species in the Universe chose the path of Light, but there is still one soul that is evil beyond imagination, the Light still has not won. On the basis that everything is a reflection of the Creator, this one soul will be a constant reminder to the Universe that although the Universe sees itself as perfection (and to perfect its creation as well), it is not because there is still a psychopathic entity in existence.

3). For the Light to completely destroy evil would make the Light no different from the being of evil itself. The act of destruction is a role that only evil is supposed to exercise. The Light is supposed to take on a role that is oppositional to destruction which is non-destruction. It is suppose to set an example and be a role model of kindness, goodness, love, and the like. This is straightforward and self-explanatory.

4). Potential knowledge and existences of the unknown. There are still many unknown variables that may not be discovered yet, much knowledge that is not known yet, and many unknown things that can never be known anyways. The potentiality of the two other paradigms (viewing the Universe as both light and dark and viewing the Universe as Dark only) may dramatically diminish the power of the Light to succeed its mission of complete Lightness. All that is said in the prior is what drove me personally to come up with the theory of All That Is (http://www.infjs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18460) and its relation to Primary Existence and Secondary Existence hypothesis.

Why the Light May Not Win Within the Context of the Second Paradigm (both Light and Dark)

1). Because all things have a composition of both light and dark, the elimination of dark is not possible. If one were to view the Universe as both Light and Dark simultaneously, that which is light and that which is dark must cooperate with each other in alignment with perfection. All that is light and all that is dark facilitate each other and help the Universe in finding Itself, experiencing Itself, and knowing Itself. This in turn is also a reflection of its Creation and hence you see similar traits of both the good and the bad in animals (pit bull bites someone

You have been posting a lot of strangeness on this site. What is your purpose?

Regardless of the struggle or the logic, I think ultimately light wins. Light (good) is aligned with Reality, darkness (evil) with illusion. Reality will always win in the end because "it is."

At the same time, light can be found in the bleakest darkness and darkness in what appears to be light, so really Reality and illusion are the more central ideas.

You have been posting a lot of strangeness on this site. What is your purpose?

Oh, I just the feel the need to express myself. Can't really do that in real life, what other great place such as a forum to openly express my myself. :)

What's this about a Galactic Federation?!

Last edited:
I really do not think "winning" is the outcome most are expecting. It is neither a game nor a contest. The Universe is not evil because a black hole exists in it. Humanity is not a failure if only one person is a failure. As a rose has thorns, such is humanity.
Darkness is the absence of light, but light is not the absence of darkness. Destruction is not always evil. Too many flaws in these assumptions I see.

I must agree with Just Me. In the words of Fyodor Dostoevsky, "Beauty is mysterious as well as terrible. God and devil are fighting there, and the battleground is the heart of man". There is accomplishment in conflict, truth in contrast. Failure does not mean instant death and success does not mean total victory; these things are too extreme, to my mind.